Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

So I was up north finally and I saw this AMAZING black horse just outracing the herd so I finally managed to grab it and break it in.. I get off my new horse to do a mission but I accidentally whistle to call my old horse...with whom I've been playing most of the game. So I'm in new, awesome horse when the old horse shows up all like.. Following me around sadly now... Stupid game making me feel bad for my mode of transportation. :(

Also earlier I left my black horse on the road to hop into a stolen wagon and take it bcak to its owner and when I came back I found a dead body next to the horse and a cowboy hat resting gently at its feet. Like I was gone for a minute and this horse finds a way to commit a murder.

I think my horse is cursed. :smith:

loving FAST, though. Oh my god I got from Tall Trees to Rio Bravo in basically no time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Zero Karizma posted:

over-the-top "painting the picture of ignorant people"

Zero Karizma posted:

I usually have no problem with Rockstar's writing.

..I dunno man. You pretty much described Rockstar's writing.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Okay so I just wrapped up 'Son of Daedelus' and I was sure when I was examining that thing.. At the end you know the crashed remains of his glider. That I'd find the binoculars.

Where the hell do you get the binoculars??

Rei_
May 16, 2004

I was out in Mexico last night and I must have ran into about 30 wolves in the span of five minutes. No lie, everywhere I went there were 5-wolf packs and they were all loving PISSED at me for some reason.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

doctor 7 posted:

Add in a comma:

God, drat you!

This is the only Rockstar game I've not been disappointed with. I played through GTA 3, VC and GTA IV and just ran out of steam after a while due to the gameplay bugs frustrating the poo poo out of me and the long and tedious story.

This one has it's share of bugs but the core gameplay works far better than any of the GTA games before it. The storyline gets a bit poor in areas and is never something new but it's different enough from the standard gaming cliches to make it enjoyable.

You should give Bully a shot if you really enjoyed RDR. It was sort of the first game they did that tried to create a world that was honestly a part of what you were doing instead of just some really hollow enviornment.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Oh for gently caress sakes, I wish that at least a few of the Stranger jobs would have happy endings.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

thetrin posted:

If you're looking for happy endings, you might be playing the wrong game.

Not really, I just wish occasionally I could have a positive impact on the things I put effort into.

Like 'Love is the Opiate' what the gently caress? He asks for the horse, I go out and get one in about 5 minutes (and the achievement, woop woop) come back all heroic and poo poo and feel really good about myself.. Find the dude in Chuparosa a day later stoned out of his tree with no intention of going to see his beloved.

Also with 'The Wronged Woman' Would the outcome have been different had I disarmed the husband? Can I?

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Mosaic Perception posted:

If someone is all in and two other people continue betting past the amount he had then that excess money goes into a side pot which only those two can win. The main pot is the pot that all players are involved in.

I got the 2000 chips achievement by going to the high stakes Blackwater one and just raising and betting constantly. I wasn't even looking at my cards. Took me about a minute. The AI wusses out if you are like ALL IN every time.

I'm surprised they didn't catch on, they just kept folding and when someone stuck around I just happened to have a better hand, I guess? I got like 5000 chips in a few hands just constantly shoving all my chips into the table.

Then I went to go pick flowers in my best finery. :3:

Then I got eaten by a cougar. :ohdear: (I gotta work on that two-cougars-with-the-knife thing. What's the best area for that?)

Rei_ fucked around with this message at 18:39 on May 29, 2010

Rei_
May 16, 2004

AndyElusive posted:

Christ, what kind of loving lovely gamepad are you using? I just tested this and my horse doesn't move an inch when I get on it and even after I get him going full tilt, he stops on a dime when I pull the reins to stop him.

I'm all for people giving their two cents on a game, but this is just ridiculous.

Actually with this game and this game only I've noticed that so much as breathing up on the analogue stick will make it register as full tilt upwards. I'll go gambling and suddenly I will be betting everything as soon as the round starts, or my horses will saunter of their own accord.

Doesn't happen in other games though, and I play MW2 on a really high sensitivity so I'd notice if it was just my controller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Captain Charisma posted:

Liar's Dice is such horseshit

E: OK now I am 100% convinced the computer cheats at this

You have to trick the third guy into making bad calls to start. Start the thing by saying you have three of something (you will likely have two of something and someone will likely have another one).. The more dice you have and the less they have the better you can lie, and the easier you can whittle them down by calling them out.

So if you start off by saying 3, by the time it gets to the third guy now he has to say like...4 or 5, now he's losing dice. Just keep doing that and try to lie about dice you actually HAVE, never just make poo poo up. The best lies are grounded in truth, remember.

• Locked thread