Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Just finished the game.

John Marston lives.

(I saved an old save game and will kick around with that. I like the idea that he got the peace he wanted) I'm going to hunt bears and cougars and pick flowers and go back to sleep in my own bed. I want to max out the scores and I'm beginning to hate "Faster you old nag!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I'll be on tonight PSN:Darthbrooks

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

ProfessorGroove posted:

Also, I've been listening to a lot of Ennio Morricone while playing the multiplayer, anyone have any recommendations for other western style music like his?

The theme from the Magnificent Seven is the most AH HELL YES music to listen to while riding at high speed. I would think that Rodeo by Aaron Copland would work too (and if Rodeo sounds familiar, it was used in the "Beef, it's what's for dinner" commercials.)

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Green Puddin posted:

Irish has a place in me heart.

He had some of the best voice acting in the game (sometimes bad accent and all) The speech he gave saying goodbye to Marston was really great. "You're a feck ugly man and an angry one, but a good man." (close approximation)

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Is the glitch still working and if so how are you doing it? I was on tonight and got XP at the normal (slow) rate.

Darth Brooks fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Jun 24, 2010

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Boars are wild. Go just north of MacFarlane's ranch by the waterfall and look around/laid bait.

Edit: Wait, there are tame pigs?

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I maxed out on wolf pelts. I ran into what must have been a wolf spawning ground. I'd kill five, begin to skin them and before I got the second one done I'd hear more growling. I'd raise my gun, blast away and have multiple corpses of wolves roll to my feet for easy access.

Darth Brooks fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jul 13, 2010

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Someone stole my horse. He wasn't outside the shack and when I whistled I found him pulling the stagecoach.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I want the next one to be about a younger Landon Ricketts. The only real spoiler is that he survives but that's true of most games.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Thanks to the Disney thread I expected to hear "BLAM!" during that.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Scarf posted:

Although if anyone wants to photoshop a Marsten-esque cowboy hat onto my avatar, I wouldn't be against it :3:

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Scarf posted:

Grr, says file exceeds maximum size...

Whoops. Thanks for the fix CzarChasm.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Now we know why the cougars keep attacking Marston. They just want his hat.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Screw you, I'm playing as Irish and I'm playing drunk if possible.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Red Dead Redemption: Cougars just want your cool hat. Bears want to hug.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

The AI is different for different players / places. In Mexico they bet fearlessly and I won in Armadillo when I realized the last player was super cautious and fold every time if I bet high enough.

The best advice I've read came from wiki in the OP.

quote:

Stay in for early hands, never folding, but put in the minimum + the next highest option. This will keep money on the table and normally in rounds of high betting cause the enemy NPC to fold. Once you get a good hand put in roughly 1/2 of the pot to really amp up stakes without causing an instant fold. Once you have 2-3 times more cash than you started with you officially control the game. Fold on bad hands and keep bidding minimum +1 on all hands.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

I tried out multiplayer for the first time since getting the game a few months ago. Got invited to join a posse, warped to the leader, he killed me 6 times while I was supposedly helping him with a gang hideout, and I quit.

I went right back to finishing up my 100% on singleplayer. I guess I regret getting the multiplayer DLC now.

Do you have an X Box or PS3?

Darth Brooks fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Sep 26, 2010

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I'm sticking with the Title of "Dude" out of respect for The Dude.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Highest score on one of the new gang hideouts gets a rifle, which you lose when you die. If/when I get it I'll use it as the opening shots on a gang hideout.

Bobcats are fun as hell just because they're frustrating little bastards to hit.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Blackwater was the hardest scrap to find for me. The circle is a little off.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht5nLSkcm7Q

There's a glitch that allows you to travel on the cliffs north of Armadillo. This video is back a little ways. Sorry for the crappy quality.

Darth Brooks fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Oct 2, 2010

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Morter posted:

I don't know why but the nun seems to have the same face as Abigail Marston...

who we know she isn't because she's the first zombie here :(

That makes me wonder what's up. This is a John Marston story. He died before she did.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

That's my new favorite theory.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I think from here on out if I see a Greenhorn without a mic I'm going to shoot them on sight. I'm tired of TK'ers, especially when they show up just as I've started a mission.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

A buddy and I could use some help tomorrow night. We've been trying to get the trophy for being most wanted for ten minutes and getting away. The problem isn't the lawmen, it's the idiots who decide to come over from the other side of the map to keep us from finishing this thing out.

If we could get enough people in on the posse we could kick everyone else who comes into the area (or server, if it's necessary for that) The plan is to get four people on the roof of the jail in MacFarland ranch and then rovers moving around on horse as needed / available.

My PSN is Darth Brooks, his is Blindrocket and the time is 7-7:30 pm central us. Everyone whose willing to do this is invited and we'll try and get the trophy for everyone involved if we can. If you have a mic it would help

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I'll try the suggestions. It might still be fun to get a larger group together. With four players working together I had flashbacks to Call of Duty:UO.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Robnoxious posted:

Had a lot of fun gooning out with you guys and getting some posse points and trophies. Too bad I couldn't tell you in game. I even have the Dualshock PS3 keyboard but fat lotta good it does in a game that doesn't have a text chat or even gestures.

Would posse again. A++++

Get a mic. Multiplayer is way better with one. You heard what we were able to do, getting things somewhat organized. I definitely want to do more of mutliplayer & large posse nights.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Cbouncerrun posted:

Does anyone else have a problem with the textures on people dissapearing when you play Poker at Blackwater?(Not high stakes poker, just the table outside the saloon) I've ever had the table dissapear too.

Yes. It's happened once at Armadillo too. Creeped men out when it first happened and I was worried about my PS3 being fried.

I love the new thread title.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I would like the sequel to feature Irish or Landon Ricketts. Actually, I would have like to seen Irish as the main character in Undead Nightmare. He's nervous/courageous enough to have an interesting reaction to being surrounded by zombie hordes. Hearing "fek, zombies" would be funnier than anything John Marston would say.

I would like to get a posse together again this Sunday night about 7 pm central. Two of the trophies are going through all the game hideouts in one session and going through Tesoro Azul and Nosalida without getting killed (at least I remember that being a trophy).

I figure with a large posse we could knock those out fast and maybe do some other stuff like races or co-op.

psn: darthbrooks

Darth Brooks fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Oct 16, 2010

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Capn Beeb posted:

Doesn't it dump you straight back to being Jack upon completion of the mission?

Should we still be spoilering that?

Yes it does. I plan on replaying the game but taking my time before getting to the finale, if ever.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Spitshine posted:

Anybody wanna get in on PSN right now I'm in here with a couple other goons going mountain climbing out of bounds :smug:

RawDawg_, DrSmasher, and Darth_Brooks - hit any of us up for invite.

Out of bounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7QsgGWzSCM

What happens when you go out of bounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0y5YMzJoBM

Darth Brooks fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Oct 23, 2010

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Spitshine posted:

Oh yeah, those two dudes. I didn't really mind, I was playing mindlessly at that point and welcomed the distraction. We somehow ended up back in bounds anyways, we woulda had to go east for daaaays to get back up.
It was getting on time to do something else anyways. I wish I had a better camera/ better way to take screenshots.

I would love to do a large posse where we go through all the gang hideouts in one session. I also think it would be hilarious to get everyone in a US Marshall skin and pester random pubbies.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Jacada, Where are you in the story? (and you probably should put it under spoilers for latecomers)

Also, Spitshine and myself were doing advanced co-op with a couple of pubbies who had a tendency to rush up and get shot up in a place that was to dangerous for rescue. I'd like to get a couple more 25+ level goons with mics for Tuesday or Thursday night where we can knock these out. Advanced is tough. The AI is sharper but you also have the advantage of using every weapon you've unlocked. Also, it's expert aim only, which makes it even more of an idiot trap. Tesora Azul is one that you really need to poke at carefully. They are fun, in part because of how challenging they are.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

davebo posted:

I had fun the one time I did advanced co-op with goons a few months back, but you're gonna have a hard time getting people to do anything other than murder zombies come this tuesday.

We may have to do it Monday night. I've got a non goon friend I've played with for the last decade who would probably want in on the action. He has a mic and is very good.

Darth Brooks fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Oct 25, 2010

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Are there any new multiplayer skins?

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Repeating this question because the thread is going to get on rocket skates.

Darth Brooks posted:

Are there any new multiplayer skins?

I'm wanting to know if Herbert Moon and Landon Ricketts are playable in multiplayer.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I don't have UN yet, I've been discussing gamesharing with a co-worker (more to help him than to help me), so I'm reading the thread while keeping the mouse pointer over the avatars.

BTW, It's double XP weekend

Anyone up for some old fashion points grinding tonight? (after 7 pm central US) I tried getting on last night and just ran into idiots.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Golgozor posted:

I need to add you; this game gets boring alone.

DarthBrooks wouldn't ever accept my friend requests.

I need to fix that.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I'm playing through Red Dead Redemption single player again, not entirely by choice. I finished the game and started a game just to look at the beginning again. The next day my brother came over while I was at work. By the time I got home he had saved over my old save game.

I did the trick to get into New Elizabeth by being arrested north of MacFarlane ranch. After a ton of hunting I've got the Mauser, the Carcano rifle, the Evans repeater and the Explosive Rifle. That plus the American Standardbred means that I'm going through the main quest on a black horse blowing bad guys to kingdom come in way the could have never expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Spitshine posted:

Had a blast tonight playing with PSN Goon Darth_Brooks on Friendly Free Roam. I call it 'kidnapping' because the target players have very little control over their character during it, but we were spending the entire time trampling people and jihad-dynamiting them over and over. Hilarious.

The funniest thing is kidnapping people that are within Hunting Grounds, because between Darth and I trampling them, and them being charged/attacked by the animals, it became this vicious cycle of tumbling rear end over head and dying over and over :haw:

I'm an rear end in a top hat, I know. Friendly Mode more like Griefing Mode :shepface:

I liked finding a stagecoach to run someone over with. I've lost my cool before being griefed so I want it to be as bizarre an experience as possible.

Darth Brooks fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Nov 11, 2010

• Locked thread