Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Oh god Eva in Peril :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Alright, this rifle animation bullshit needs to be patched immediately. When you're in cover and you shoot a guy, they loving programmed it so you stay standing up another second. That's killed me at least 5 times now. Retards.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
What's the best handgun and where do you get it?

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I accidentally spoiled myself with "I Know You," but the final time you meet him is so loving awesome that it didn't even matter

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Myrddin Emrys posted:

I asked this in the last thread, sorry if it was answered but it would have been buried in the thread somewhere:

I failed a stranger mission through terrible timing of a gang hideout respawn. Now that I've failed, what are my options? Can I redo it or am I poo poo out of luck?

He'll respawn. I assume it was Funny Man?

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Myrddin Emrys posted:

It was not. It was the one where you go to Tumbleweed to find some guy's "girlfriend" only to find out that it's a horse. The woman and the horse started following me, then as we were walking out through the town, the Tumbleweed hideout started, guys spawned all around us (which was the first time I'd seen guys ACTUALLY respawn in the game, which was weird) and instantly shot her dead.

Oh yeah. I failed that one the first time by thinking you had to get on her horse. I was immediately shot to death

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Great Men Are Not Wise is a very very very annoying mission.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Oh my loving god gently caress MacDougal until he vomits his lungs

Nastas :smith:

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Do I have to activate trains or something? I've never used one and I'm trying to get the Snidely Whiplash "put a girl on the train tracks" trophy. I've been waiting by the tracks for like 5 minutes fighting off coyotes and nothing has appeared.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Liar's Dice is such horseshit

E: OK now I am 100% convinced the computer cheats at this

E2: This is loving retarded. It's exact number of die and then all of the sudden OH I'M SORRY I MEANT AT LEAST!!! YOU LOSE human being

Nut Bunnies fucked around with this message at 22:02 on May 29, 2010

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Brightman posted:

You don't seem to understand the rules fully. When someone bids, they say there are at least that many dice, when you say something is spot on, you're saying that it's exactly right. Also if you bid 2 or 3 sixes from the get go, that forces them to bid 3 or 4 of something, and they'll usually get caught lying, unless someone got a good yahtzee roll or something. The thing to remember is that they have to bid a higher dice face or a higher number of any dice. This means you can force them into situations they can't win because they won't call you out on something like a few sixes when you still have 5 die.

This doesn't make any sense, though. When I bet on something, I get punished because it wasn't exact. When I call bullshit, they win because "Oh, heh, you thought they bid EXACTLY 4? They bid AT LEAST 4. Cough one up, cocksucker." It doesn't make any loving sense.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ainsley McTree posted:

Are you sure you're paying attention to what's going on? If, for example, you bid that there are 4 sixes, someone calls your bluff, and there are actually 5 sixes on the table, you should be ok. You don't need to be exact when you bid, you just need to bid that there at least that many dice on the table.

Well I'm sure that works for you and I'm happy for you but I literally just bet those same numbers and lost a die because I was bluffing.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I restarted the game and it worked properly :) Thanks for telling me I was crazy/it was bugged

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
So what exactly is the loving point of autosave if it doesn't actually save your progress? My PS3 froze while loading and I lost an hour of progress.

This is like a decade old save system they've got here. Jesus.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
And You Will Know The Truth: A Bad Mission.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
The Truth Shall Set You Free: An Awesome Mission

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Well poo poo, glad I went through all of that to play a whole bunch of horrifically boring tutorial missions!

Yes I know there's more but my god the pacing and drama of this story just went from 1000 to 0 in no time.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Just finished it. Shot that fucker Ross until his body was swiss cheese. Shame you couldn't get the other fucker.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Harlock posted:

Some thoughts about that.

Depends on what other guy you're talking about. The other FBI agent you do missions with isn't in the final shootout where John dies. This could basically say that he didn't want to go along with it and didn't believe in Ross' philosophy with how to deal with Marston. Also, I agree - I used the Mauser and unleashed all 15 bullets on Ross.

Huh. Thought I saw him there.

Anyway imo the best part is definitely musical interlude when you get to Mexico

Also I can't believe loving Deadly Assassin won the voting for the pre-order outfit, even though I didn't pre-order it. It's clearly the worst one and it's like that episode of The Simpsons where the little girls forgo buying Lisa's doll for the new Malibu Stacy because she has a new hat.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Ehhhhhhhh I dunno. It adds impact, but I think they kind of killed the pacing and diminished the impact by overdoing the farm missions. The crow silo one, a hunting mission, and saving Jack from the bear could have sufficed instead of the hour or so they had us play.

There's lots of those things like that during the game that I thought "Well I suppose it's there for storytelling/gameplay but goddammit if that doesn't make any sense." Specifically, every time John would run into some cocksucker that needed to die and he'd get into a duel with him instead of immediately popping 4 bullets into their head.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I have one Stranger mission left (Daedalus and Son). I only have to get some beaver pelts.

:argh:

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

teekun posted:

Yeah, gently caress that mission. I feel like I'm playing World of Warcraft or some poo poo trying to collect all the crap he needs.

I've found one beaver so far, and I've probably got 30 hours put into this game.

Yeah I'd say I've found only one in around 30 hours too. I sold it 15 hours ago, of course.

Flowers for a Lady was so much better than this. My god, WHY loving BEAVERS

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
RE: GTA:SA's "lovely" missions:

There were certainly a lot of lovely missions, but I don't think most of the "variety" ones were very lovely. Anything involving a plane, yes. The races in the the rural areas, yes. Some of Catalina's missions, yes. But when they got creative, (most of the Torino missions), it was usually awesome.

RDR's missions are very samey, but unlike GTA4, I was fine with it. I mean...you can't really throw a tank or a jetpack into the 1911 West. Plus, the gritty storyline actually works and was decently written, repeated messages aside. RDR never felt like it was holding back or not reaching its potential like GTA4 did the entire game.

Plus, this game feels like what Euphoria was meant for. It was imo kind of a disaster in a setting like Liberty City, with its constricted roads and spaces. Driving blew rear end. Horseriding, vast expanses, and small towns make Euphoria feel like it's living up to what it should be. Same thing goes for Stranger missions, which were awkward and out of place in GTA4, and frankly would be in any GTA.

Nut Bunnies fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jun 1, 2010

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Lugubrious posted:

And I wish that game threads could be used for discussion of opinions regarding said games without anyone who has a dissenting opinion being called names because they pointed out the flaws in the game.

I remember that there was a thread dedicated for bitching in the GTA4 forum...and the diehard supporters came in and shouted everyone down for bitching and called them faggots with no taste without punishment.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I can't believe people are spergy enough to whine about how :qq: the strangers don't have any finality :qq:

They're just little side stories that show other parts of the old West. Jesus Christ.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

people posted:

:qq:

Jesus, I hope you guys never read a story with an ambiguous ending. You might punch a hole in the wall.

I mean there were one or two I wished they had done a bit more with, but it isn't rocket science to understand why things are left the way they were. You never know if they might expand in DLC, too.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
So...who DIDN'T kill Ross' wife and brother?

No Mods No Masters posted:

http://twitter.com/TheKevinButler/status/15271884532

Anyone else get a kick out of this tweet? Why is a Sony VP making GBS threads on a PS3 game- and not only that, but the PS3 game with easily the best dialogue in recent memory? :wtc:

I don't think he's anything but an ad agency creation.

An awesome one but a fake one

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

KingShiro posted:

Like 5 of us.

I'm a better man than him and they were innocent :colbert:

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
It's not like he'd even know about it anyway

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I missed the ending discussion, so here was my one annoyance with it:

Jack is probably still enraged after sitting around for 2 years without any revenge. Why the gently caress is there ANY honor in Ross' death? The whole duel mechanic bugged me in this game, because 9 times out of 10, it was in a situation where John (and Jack here) should have just walked up to the offending guy and shot him in the face. I understand why it was done earlier in retrospect (John is a changed man, it's the way things worked, people might be going the honorable route), but it didn't make sense in the final confrontation.

Maybe a tease of it like they teased you with Dead Eye in John's last stand, but then Jack (lies) and tells Ross he just murdered his family, and then you plug him 8 times in his head. The End. Smirk, walk away, Red Dead Redemption.

I think that would make the whole "The cycle never stops!!!!!!!!" thing much stronger than having another HONORABLE DUEL

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
My brother has been watching me play and it's really awkward trying to explain why I'm not John. I've been saying it's an easter egg cheat code :shobon:

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I was never really going to try to be the top of the leaderboards for the Solomon's challenge, but the first guy is 0:00? :lol:

Yeah, can't imagine he'll be getting any prizes. Hopefully.

E: Also the 100% checklist on the Social Club is a joke. A good 50% of what I've done isn't reflected there.

Nut Bunnies fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Jun 6, 2010

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Is there a known bug with Unnatural Selection? I have killed at least one of every animal and I have nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Mylan posted:

No, you probably just missed one. Or killed one and then died before it auto-saved. Run through the checklist again.

Figured it out: I've killed bucks, seagulls, and foxes...and the game isn't listing them :psyduck:

• Locked thread