Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

So I killed the first 5 bears but the 6th and 7th ganged up on me. Why the gently caress were there 7 goddamn bears?

Bears. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Raddest posted:

The horse contract (deed) is always on your persons and isn't consumed on use. When using it, you dismiss your current horse, and the next time you whistle, the horse you summoned from your deed will come. While your ex horse wonders around aimlessly, I'm guessing he/she joins the circus for a better, more up beat life.

That's not what happens. You know what happens. He's cougar bait.

Nice job leaving your horse to die, jerk.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Bum the Sad posted:

Can you explain lassoing to me? drat thign seems buggy as gently caress it always randomly just stops having them roped and I have to throw it five more times. I am pretty sure that's not how a lasso worked.

Hold LT, press, but leg go of, RT.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Grr, how the gently caress do you disarm someone for the sharpshooter challenge? I can't ever get it to register even on rank 8. Rank 10 will be a nightmare if I can ever get past this one.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Lugubrious posted:

Shoot them in the arm.

No poo poo. I do that, they drop their gun, shake their hand, and then...nothing.

Doesn't register.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Yeah, I've got the hats. Oh well, I'll try this later.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

What's the hat tip button on the 360?

The bugs in this game are really starting to piss me off. I did everything to get the Army uniform outfit except buy the scrap. I go to the tailor and it says "NOT AVAILABLE". loving Bullshit.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Omnicarus posted:

:derp:
This isn't a bug. You have to finish the game before it becomes available.

Nice of them to leave this off of the checklist.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

csidle posted:

waaa waaa waaa my hand ísn't held enough.

What the gently caress does that have to do with hand holding? They say "Do this poo poo to get X" I expect to get X after doing that poo poo. They should include "But only after you finish the game" on the checklist.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

RedneckwithGuns posted:

Quick question about costume outfit options, what do I need to do to get Marston a badass duster? :clint:

"Peacemaker" honor level. Not maximum or "Hero" level.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

A warning guys. Bears do not like it when you throw Molotov cocktails at them.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Awesome, finally finished all the challenges and got my Legend of the West outfit.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Got the "2 lawmen chase a convict" blue dot in Mexico and one of the Federales shot his partner in the head.

Universe Master fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jun 1, 2010

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Omnicarus posted:

There is a claymore? How did I miss this? It is a preorder DLC or just in the vanilla game? If the latter where?

After the switchblade but before the katana. Don't even try for it unless you've done the Ninja clan stranger missions, though.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

AndyElusive posted:

The ninja missions aren't as bad as you're expecting. Sure, they're a little shallow and the character development in respects to the Ninja Clan you encounter could have used some fleshing out, but the Katana is a considerable upgrade from the standard hunting knife and you can deflect bullets in Dead Eye mode.

Not as good as the generic "lightsaber" you find on the crashed alien spaceship, but that's not found until near the end of the game and after you fight the hardest fight (the time traveling Nazis) so it doesn't help as much.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

BizarroAzrael posted:

So I was pretty happy with my horse, broke it in myself, blackish colour, think it was as fast as they come (never looked into it much, that indicates a fast breed, right) only I finished clearing Pike's basin out and it dropped dead as I was riding to my next waypoint, no enemies around or anything. Maybe I can run forensics on the skin or something, but is that meant to happen?

Where did you get it? The fastest horse, the American Standard, is pure-black and is only found in the last area, West Elizabeth, but there is another horse, very dark brownish black, that's a 2 star found earlier.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Jadz posted:

Those rattler sound effects aren't just ambient desert noise :eng101:

I think some are. There's a distinct "snake" rattle when a snake is nearby, but also a sort of different, western theme rattle you hear sometimes on the soundtrack which sounds more like a musical instrument.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

This game pretty much shattered my expectations. I knew it would be good, but not this good. I've been playing for 36 hours, have completed almost all of the missions, but I still have so much to do, and I see no signs of quitting. The last game I played for this long without getting bored was Demon's Souls, and before that, Fallout 3. Rockstar really delivered with this game. Still haven't been able to figure out my first treasure map, though. That poo poo is vague as gently caress.

And I haven't even played multiplayer yet! I definitely need to get on that...

If you're completely stuck there are youtube videos of all the treasure sites. But that's no fun.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

When I duel black guys or Mexicans I always unload the clip into their faces instead of their balls because I'm not a racist.

Not white guys though.

And certainly not END GAME SPOILER Ross

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

T1g4h posted:

EDIT: And what the gently caress, deathwater? Really? What is this, GTA3?

Marston is wearing several hundred pounds of weapons, ammunition, camping gear, and animal skins/meat. Of course he can't swim.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Martytoof posted:

Uh. Where can I find beavers? They were loving EVERYWHERE when I didn't need them, and now I need to find a few for that glider guy and nothin'. I'm trying Thieves Landing but not much luck there.

West Elizabeth, near water.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Martytoof posted:

Oh nice. I've just been blowing people away. Thanks for the tip.

Though now that you mention it, I've been sucking hard at duelling lately. Does it get harder the further in the game you go? When I was just in/around Armadillo I would destroy people left and right and now I'm lucky if I can win 1/5 duels. My timing with the white cross is so bad. It almost feels like controller lag because I THINK i'm hitting fire when the cross turns white.

Funnily enough it's far easier to disarm people than to kill them.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Palleon posted:

Last night I was wandering around Tall Trees, and saved some poor woman being hung from a tree (and somehow got -50 honor for attacking the people trying to lynch her). I shot the rope free, and she thanked me, sobbing. About 5 seconds later, two grizzlies come flying out of nowhere, and smash her body into a tree, leaving her a bloody mess.

You probably shot her husband as he ran up like an idiot. I've done that before.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Crows Turn Off posted:

Do you have to take everyone's chips in Poker for it to count as a "win" (and therefore count toward the 100% completion)? The Social Club website isn't listing me as having completed Poker yet.

And, as far as Mexico is concerned, everyone there is a huge jerk. :mad: I especially disliked saving that prostitute by buying her freedom, only to have her get murdered anyway. It's just like, no matter how good you try to be, it's futile.

I always thought that the "saving" her thing was just a con that she and the pimp would run whenever they came upon someone who looked like a particularly good white knight mark from whom they couldn't get money the usual way. Not that he didn't beat her for real, but the whole "I'll run away and join a convent" was entirely an act concocted by the two of them before hand. Then she comes back, but this time he's a little too drunk and hits her a little too hard, and that's it. But she was always his woman, would always return, devoted and deluded to the end.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

I wonder if they are testing the waters for a Western-Horror sequel with the Undead Nightmare pack? They threw in just about everything a "pure" Western scenario can have into Redemption already.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

I was thinking more than just zombies, but vampires, were-wolves, all sorts of horror mainstays that could become westernized. And not to take it too far into the realm of RPGs, but a more practical type magic system would be neat too. Think John Constantine the movie instead of Hellblazer the comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Ugh, trying for cougar with dynamite leads to triple cougar rear end rape.

• Locked thread