Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baby Cakes
Nov 3, 2005

I AM BECOME DEATH
Am I the only one who did the rank 10 sharpshooter challenge by using the dual action revolver using only one deadeye with 6 shots? :c00l:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baby Cakes
Nov 3, 2005

I AM BECOME DEATH
Though the music is decent in this game it leaves a bit to be desired. If there's one thing memorable from old western movies is the music, especially from Ennio Morricone. The two times when music with lyrics popped up really broke the atmosphere for me. The singing was too "modern" for the game's era and even if the lyrics were fitting, the song itself didn't fit into the game.

I was hoping for more of stuff like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOKhQ8ObQ7E

Even the opening splash screen feels like a tribute to Harmonica, I felt like there were moments that could have given a few more nods to Morricone.

Baby Cakes
Nov 3, 2005

I AM BECOME DEATH

roffle posted:

yeah but at least wolves are easy to find. Now I'm on the skunks/racoons/foxes one and it's a bitch because racoons/skunks aren't animals that I run into during the course of normally playing the game since they run alone and don't really make noise

Skunks and racooons are northwest and northeast of the hanging rock, respectively.

In that open plain north of Armadillo there's a solitary dead tree if you go straight north from the town. It's almost near the northern border of the map. Go about 100 yards south of that tree and there's skunks aplenty.

North of hanging rock there's a bunch of roads that meet. Just where they meet there's a hill full of brush just to the east. Raccoons spawn like crazy there but they're hard to see because of all the brush and because they spawn the most at night. I was dreading that part of the hunter quest until I stumbled upon that area and it only took me about 10 minutes to get the 5 skunks and raccoons once I knew where they spawned.

Baby Cakes fucked around with this message at 04:23 on May 29, 2010

Baby Cakes
Nov 3, 2005

I AM BECOME DEATH

Oodles of Wootles posted:

That happens if you ride it too hard

Or not hard enough.

• Locked thread