Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

That Awful Nick posted:

Oh my God the thread title. Every time I read it all I hear in my head is "I'm Herbert Moooooooooooooooooooon!"

I never understood why he starts calling for help by saying "it's Herbert Moon!" When I first heard it and didn't know who he was, I was wondering just what the hell Herbert Moon was supposed to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

I used some chewing tobacco and a floating chair materialized in front of my face.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

What are the results of the two possible endings to the mission (3/4? through Mexico) "Captain DeSanta's Downfall"?

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Hondo82 posted:

The first one is the least vague of all. A picture of a noose, a noose on a tree with a big rock right next to it. Hangman's Rock, north of Armadillo. The second picture is the place from a different perspective.

This is what really confused me at first. The little "I." and "II." are both referring to the same area, with the latter being a zoomed-in, detailed view of what you need to be looking for. When I first tried to make sense of the map, I thought the treasure was hidden in the nearby rocks surrounding the actual Hanging Rock.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

roffle posted:

Got caught cheating in poker, challenged to a duel. Using the High Power I fire seven rounds into his head and the last one at his gun as it sits uselessly on the ground. "Yep, I'm a Marston" :v:

I dueled somebody with my Mauser pistol once, and after putting 10+ bullets in his head, his body had been knocked back a good 10 feet, with a blood trail leading from where he initially stood. :black101:

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

So can blocking with the knife (hold RB/R1) block animal attacks or not? I've heard both answers, so I'm trying to figure out if my timing is just off or what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Stringer_Bell posted:

Just finished the game today, near the end game I had a really strange glitch where I thought the game had turned into The Shining [SPOILERS]...

I was following my dog up the mountain to find Jack. Right as I reached the top, I must of skipped the cut scene. This led to me going from a relaxed horseback ride to being 5 feet away from a charging grizzly! In the next cut scene, there were 2 versions of Jack. One was all scratched up from the fight, who was doing all the talking. In the background, standing behind a rock, was a clean version of Jack. He wasn't talking, just watching everything with a blank stare. After we rode back to the farm, creepy Jack appeared again in the distance... just watching.

I am assuming this was a glitch, unless the cut scene I missed had some crazy plot twists. My 2nd favorite glitch was during a game of horseshoes. I accidentally called my horse right as I started the game. In the middle of my first throw, my horse arrives dragging a screaming man underneath him. Eventually, the guy gets thrown way up in the air and comes crashing down right in opposite sand pit. I had to quit the game of horseshoes. It just didn't feel right tossing rings over the corpse that my horse was responsible for. Of course, I did loot his corpse.

I had a similar endgame glitch. When the army comes for John and he leads his family into the barn, for some reason there was a second Jack already inside the barn. So there's John, Abigail, and two Jacks standing there in the barn, and after they leave, there's still one Jack in the corner, not moving or speaking. Weird stuff.

• Locked thread