Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

Scar Trek posted:

The best tip I recieved for this game yet:

Never fast travel unless you have a real good reason. Every single ride between towns ends up being it's own adventure.

This is the truest thing that can be said about this game. I've had the game since the weekend before it came out and I haven't fast traveled once. I would imagine that fast traveling turns this game into one long annoying cutscene broken up by bits of doing lovely jobs for people. The real game is played between the destinations (or at the poker tables).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Fire posted:

I've just got to west elizabeth and the professor guy is even worse than west dickens. Delving into undead nightmare it was hilariously rewarding to see him get eaten by Natas.

Both of those guys are every Rockstar quest giving side character ever. They're loud, annoying, flustered, neurotic, ignorant, and they say offensive things that put the protagonist in an awkward position. But, for some reason he needs them and has to tag along on their horrible little adventures. This formula is really tired and it's just annoying at this point. You can't even reunite with your kidnapped wife and child* without being berated and yelled at.

* Near end-game spoilers.

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Speaking of conversations on horseback, why is it that a lot of the conversations are too long for the journeys they take place on? It's one thing if you're leading the way and you ride too fast for the conversation to play out, but there are a bunch of them that get cut off even when you're the one following the NPC.

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Mr. Crow posted:

How do I turn off the "auto-mark" ability by just moving my cross-hair over guys in Dead Eye, it's pissing me off and continually causes me to kill people I'm not trying to.

Yeah it sucks that the second level of Dead Eye feels like a handicap. You just have to deal with it until you get Dead Eye Level 3 and you become the baddest rear end in the West.

• Locked thread