Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Hey goon friends, let me tell you a tale.
Due to some civil unrest over the last few months here in Chile, my dad finally caved in and offered to help me immigrate to Valencia, Spain, where he lives.

He has a few conditions for me (aka, I have to lose weight for it), but he is gonna find me a job so I can get a proper worker visa to immigrate legally.

He did tell me I should look into people living in Spain and (possibly) Valencia that could give me tips and information about the area and to build a network of friends.

Anyone here could help with that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Yeah I suppose that's the ticket.
In any case I have to lose weight before I make my way to Spain.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Hey, my wife and I moved to Barcelona a year ago (from the US).

I don't know that you will be able to make friends remotely (we haven't made too many, even being here) but I'm happy to help out if I can. Feel free to PM with questions or whatever. Good luck, once I had a job offer the process took 6 months, so see you in a while I guess. But yes, meetups are popular here. Whatever kind of hobbies or community you're already into, look for the same thing here, it probably exists

Much appreciated! Tho I don't have Platinum, there are other ways to keep in contact.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

I'm gonna move to Spain tho I have the help of my old man living there for well for over 2 decades now.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Julio Cruz posted:

here in the UK the government's been talking about how they want to relax and end the lockdown for weeks with the completely predictable result that the moment it got hot all the beaches were absolutely packed

Okay I've been to the UK in summer and it doesn't get hot over there. It gets slightly less cold.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

I wish I was joking. I was in Spain for summer with my dad, and he tookme and my sisters to meet his wife's family in spain, cornwall.
It was cold and cloudy and it rained way too often and I ended up with a bad flu because I didn't take any warm clothes, thinking it would be at least half as warm as sweltering spain.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Julio Cruz posted:

cool story but last week it was consistently getting into the 80s

do you want to talk about how the food was all bland too, or maybe criticise everyone's teeth

The food was okay. Pretty good actually.
And there were no problems with people's teeth. What you talking about?

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

I mean, the world at large has been on a downward spiral over the last...5? Years? And there aren't many signs it'll get better any time soon.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Yeah my dad keeps complaining about being locked in at home (Valencia)

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

webmeister posted:

I overheard an American boomer asking with genuine sincerity if the lightning conductor atop Angkor Wat was a tv antenna

That said, I also saw a group of Australians assuming that cornetti pastries were Cornettos, a brand of cheap lovely Australian ice cream, and wondering why the gently caress this stupid hostel would serve ice cream for breakfast

Italian

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

I would recommend Valencia! beautiful city.

It is, however, more of a summer destination, what with a TON of beach areas and poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

I am in Valencia downtown in march for the second year in a row.
It is horrible. (It is fallas).

Ask me if you want to know why.