Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib
Just a couple from Azumanga Daioh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

unpronounceable posted:

Just a couple from Azumanga Daioh
Osaka. :xd:

AnoHana

Squid Girl (not sure which season)

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia

KoB
May 1, 2009

Kerfuffle posted:

Do you have a gif of a scene from this arc where Mr.3 and Luffy have this crazy super well animated sequence against the poison guy?

Also ugh, this thread made me watch some of the new Lupin anime. I'm kind of disappointed because while the show has seriously gorgeous animation and is an overall good show, it's so fanservice heavy that it makes it kind of uncomfortable to watch. :(

I thought I did but I couldnt find it, heres other stuff.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Tsuritama

Robert Denby has a new favorite as of 19:59 on Jul 6, 2012

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
So have y'all checked out Motorcity yet?

Because if not you are missing out on probably one of my favorite animated characters in recent memory.

The DUKE OF DETROIT.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
Gravity Falls

Polar Bear Cafe

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Eureka Seven AO

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Tsuritama again… this time all are from the OP.

Humanity is Declining

(subtitle)

A bit :nms: and a spoiler: http://i.imgur.com/K2Psp.gif

Blockhead - The Music Scene

Pearl Jam - Do the Evolution

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Ponyo

Spirited Away

No idea, possibly just someone's homemade animation. I like the watercolor look.

Miku Hatsune from some Vocaloid video or another.

click for the song

AnoHana: The Flower We Saw That Day

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

More Polar Bear Cafe

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

I didn't even realize there was a joke there until I read it.

Also, everyone needs to be watching this show.

Mad Moxxi
Apr 29, 2010

It's tough being cute.
Not directly from an anime, but Yotsuba qualifies nonetheless. I colored it in. :3:

Original:

Mad Moxxi has a new favorite as of 20:26 on Jul 8, 2012

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Some Humanity is Declining pics:

Show rules.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Some Humanity is Declining pics:
Show rules.

Yes it does.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

KoB posted:

I thought I did but I couldnt find it, heres other stuff.

One piece is pretty much the only anime I've watched and it started so slowly and was almost too goofy for me, but it got really crazy really fast (in a good way). I'm glad I followed goons advice and stuck with it

Zzulu has a new favorite as of 23:22 on Jul 8, 2012

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Zzulu posted:

One piece is pretty much the only anime I've watched and it started so slowly and was almost too goofy for me, but it got really crazy really fast (in a good way). I'm glad I followed goons advice and stuck with it

It slows down around Impel Down though. The manga is better. :goonsay:

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Gravity Falls

Command Ant posted:

everyone needs to be watching this show.

Seriously, it is pretty great.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

The Legend of Korra

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Humanity is Declining

Hyouka

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

No, that's clearly K-ON!. You must have made some sort of mistake.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib
Various Hidamari Sketch OPs

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Lupin III

Transformers Superlink

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Guyver posted:

Transformers Superlink

this goes from cool to funny when you know what the rest of the series looked like

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Yonic Symbolism posted:

this goes from cool to funny when you know what the rest of the series looked like
Yeah... About that.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world

Yonic Symbolism posted:

I literally stopped watching Transformers for the first time in years after one episode of that terrible, terrible 3D animation.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Guyver posted:

Yeah... About that.

:laffo: Are there more? Please say there are more.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
You can watch practically any episode of those 3D shows and get that sort of thing.

Any of the Japanese 3D shows are hilariously animated.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
As a kid I watched the poo poo out of that show and it's sequels before school. Not only was the 3d bad but the human characters were really well animated in drawn style so I have no clue why they thought making the Transformers CGI was a good idea.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Hand drawn mechanical animation is a pain in the rear end. And since most of the kids watching Transformers at the time probably didn't care there really isn't a reason not to do it.

Oh and have some Tekkaman.

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Aren't you the guitarist for the feed dogs?

Guyver posted:

Hand drawn mechanical animation is a pain in the rear end. And since most of the kids watching Transformers at the time probably didn't care there really isn't a reason not to do it.

Oh and have some Tekkaman.

This scene looks so familiar but I'm pretty sure I've never seen that gif before.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Humanity is Declining

Nichijou

Spirited Away

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Robert Denby posted:

Spirited Away

Thanks for these. That scene is easily my absolute favorite out of any of Miyazaki's movies. I can still clearly hear the train crossing signal in the first one.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

kinmik posted:

Thanks for these. That scene is easily my absolute favorite out of any of Miyazaki's movies. I can still clearly hear the train crossing signal in the first one.

You should check out Arriety. Half the shots are like a goddamn Monet painting. As good as it is though, it's kinda sad that it will probably be Miyazaki's last movie.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Action-Bastard posted:

You should check out Arriety. Half the shots are like a goddamn Monet painting. As good as it is though, it's kinda sad that it will probably be Miyazaki's last movie.

I thought Arriety was done by Miyazaki's son and not himself?

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

PureRok posted:

Not Miyazaki, not Miyazaki's son either. a different guy's directorial debut.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiromasa_Yonebayashi

Miyazaki was a "production planner", it seems.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

It wasn't his son either, Arrietty is directed by Hiromasa Yonebayashi, I think it was his first outing as a director too. Last thing Miazaki himself directed was Ponyo in '08, he did the script-writing for Arrietty though, so his touch is all throughout it.

E: beaten like crazy.

Chihayafuru

Hyouka

a kitten has a new favorite as of 18:06 on Jul 14, 2012

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

PureRok posted:

Just crossed check with IMDB and wikipedia. It was actually directed by this guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiromasa_Yonebayashi who has a hell of a resume for someone his age. Miyazaki however DID write the screenplay for Arriety.

e: welp, beaten.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Arriety is a truely gorgeous and detailed film, but it didn't have that miyazaki magic in the story for me though so I felt a lil empty when it was over. :(

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
A "Borrowers" adaptation was a passion project of Miyazaki and Isao Takahata since the late 70s, when "Castle of Cagliostro" was made, and was at one point slated to be an early Ghibli project. For whatever reason, the project was in development hell for three decades. "Arrietty" was good, but there's a point where they seemed to have gone, "Oh poo poo, we need conflict in the last act!"

And as for 'Miyazaki's last movie': "Porco Rosso" was going to be his final film. "Princess Mononoke" was going to be his final film. "Spirited Away" was going to be his final film. He's said in an interview that his next project is going to be "challenging" to the Japanese public. Willing to bet it's something to do with World War II.

The Triplets of Belleville

EDIT: Added gifs.

Robert Denby has a new favorite as of 20:42 on Jul 14, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
The end of Arriety was definitely more romanticized in the English dub; there is no voice over from Sho/Shawn saying that he never saw her again, but that he heard rumors of a different family with Borrowers. That atypical ending is one I've particularly enjoyed from Ghibli movies: Ashitaka, the handsome prince, does not end up marrying San. There is no huge environmental group that miraculously saves the forest for the tanuki clan in Pom Poko. Just the very un-Disney feel of it appeals to the adult, while the kid in me can still go, "Cartoons! :neckbeard:"

Robert Denby posted:

He's said in an interview that his next project is going to be "challenging" to the Japanese public. Willing to bet it's something to do with World War II.
It's not this one is it?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/From_Up_on_Poppy_Hill
I honestly don't know.

• Locked thread