Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

If Gibson changes one minor thing about any Mesa amp they will, tubes and all, immediately evaporate into a milky cloud of vaporized Red Bull. I don’t think they can afford to do things differently from an engineering and QA standpoint.

they're somehow going to alter a single support inside the cab that will introduce a catastrophic point of failure, bringing manna from heaven to struggling amp techs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

Don Dongington posted:

Now take that, have it reverse engineered and assembled by the lowest bidder by the manufacturer of the amp in the post above, add some weird poo poo like built in tube testers, and you'll appreciate why most of the music stores in my city stopped carrying them about a year after Behringer introduced them to the market.

Nightmare fuel.

they also liked to combust lol, one of my most memorable open mic experiences is watching a guy's bugera combust mid e minor blues.

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

Noise Machine posted:

When I played it through a bass cab it just muddied up the sound and really got in the way of the bass player unless I played exclusively above the 12th fret

yeah, as a bass player who's played with a bass VI player this is veeery easy to do; i appreciate you for considering the bass player. i perma-loaned homie a graphic eq, and told him to eradicate everything below approx 80hz.

guitar through a bass amp rules because you don't really have access to the bass's zone (unless you're playing extended range), the bass vi runs into a lot of issues playing with other people because it covers such a broad spectrum of frequencies.

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

duodenum posted:

Well I have a Boss Katana and boy let me tell you hwhat.

yeah it rules, my only complaint with is is that the usb out is really quiet for some reason. lots of great clean and gain tones, the effects are solid, i like the speaker, and the usb out makes recording stuff really easy (once i run everything through a second amp stage). sold a bunch of my less used pedals to get my 50, and i haven't regretted it at all.