Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Bob Morales posted:

Bought. Will upload some pictures later this week.

Pics when?

Also its so shiny.

toplitzin posted:

I have a love/hate relationship with these puddle lights.

No love/hate. They just own bones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Puddle lights are the loving best.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Got a really good deal on these Toyo drag radials with brand new wheels

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Dark Shadow Grey is gorgeous.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

It's warm this weekend so I got to take it for a ride. Runs pretty good, loud as poo poo though. Needs a motor mount, shakes a bit at idle and on takeoff. Never had a positive displacement supercharger before, powerband is so flat the car actually doesn't feel fast but hits 100 really quick.

Did some top down cruising. loving sun visors are both missing. There's an Autometer steering wheel Coulomb gauge pod in the trunk so I need to fill that with either a wideband or boost gauge..

Going to replace the Chinese front tires in the spring. Also needs a door pin the drivers door sags a bit. All the radio speakers aren't working so I'm guessing the Mach 460 just isn't wired to the RCA's right, I need to take a look at that, and the aftermarket deck is too old to have Bluetooth so I'll swap that out with a newer $99 one.

After inspecting it, I've found the following mods:

Whipple 2.3, oval TB, return style fuel system, McLeod RST clutch, off road X pipe and Borla stinger catback, solid axle swap (3.27 ugh) with QA1 uppers/lowers.

Tracked down the previous owner who modded the car and found a 600hp dyno sheet.

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Insufferable measure of firewood

Replaced the jank rear end exhaust that was a custom muffler delete with a nice carbon fiber magnaflow catback system.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Looks good, that's gotta be about the hottest car in Page County, Iowa.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Soon...

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

I have these R350 wheels in Liquid Graphite. Before you install them I recommend cleaning them up and ceramic coat them. brake dust just washes right out.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N464Tu_DIfk

Taken her out for a couple rides. Seems to be good. Ordered a couple bearings since one of the idler pulleys is making some noise. Suspension feels good, car is a bit loud. Front brakes need a look, rotors are a little warped.

One of the door speakers is out so I might make sure the factory amps are hooked up right, but I think I'll just run some wire straight to them and buy four new speakers.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Bob Morales posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N464Tu_DIfk

Taken her out for a couple rides. Seems to be good. Ordered a couple bearings since one of the idler pulleys is making some noise. Suspension feels good, car is a bit loud. Front brakes need a look, rotors are a little warped.

One of the door speakers is out so I might make sure the factory amps are hooked up right, but I think I'll just run some wire straight to them and buy four new speakers.

Who needs speakers with a soundtrack like that though tbh.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

They're here!

Soon pt 2

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Yeah thats GoodChoices.png right there.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
unf those are gonna look so good mounted up

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

kalvick posted:

I have these R350 wheels in Liquid Graphite. Before you install them I recommend cleaning them up and ceramic coat them. brake dust just washes right out.

Wiped down and ceramic coated.
Now they're curing til next week when the tires get mounted.

Thom ZombieForm
Oct 29, 2010

I will eat you alive
I will eat you alive
I will eat you alive
Anyone have insight on the ford performance track pack? https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-FR3A-M8A for 1,800 bucks there’s an assortment of upgrades.. not being too familiar with suspension/handling concepts, I hear they are a black hole of “did x, now I need y, then z, circle back” for upgrades. A ford supplied “pack” sounds appealing, although I’m sure a pro could go to town with individual parts from other vendors.

I have a base GT (no pp). I honestly wouldn’t be tracking it. I was looking for options to increase confidence on lovely roads, where the car tends to “wallow” or feel incredibly vague. The worst feeling is getting the sensation of being “launched” into the air on some bumps. I spoiled myself on a Miata and ct4v blackwing before the GT. I don’t mind some harshness in ride quality and don’t expect to carve canyons like I’m in a Miata, but any improvement would be welcome

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Thom ZombieForm posted:

Anyone have insight on the ford performance track pack? https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-FR3A-M8A for 1,800 bucks there’s an assortment of upgrades.. not being too familiar with suspension/handling concepts, I hear they are a black hole of “did x, now I need y, then z, circle back” for upgrades. A ford supplied “pack” sounds appealing, although I’m sure a pro could go to town with individual parts from other vendors.

I have a base GT (no pp). I honestly wouldn’t be tracking it. I was looking for options to increase confidence on lovely roads, where the car tends to “wallow” or feel incredibly vague. The worst feeling is getting the sensation of being “launched” into the air on some bumps. I spoiled myself on a Miata and ct4v blackwing before the GT. I don’t mind some harshness in ride quality and don’t expect to carve canyons like I’m in a Miata, but any improvement would be welcome

You can get the PP Street pack instead of the track pack.
I've been thinking about doing the same for my GT.

Also update on "soon"

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Track pack is going to ride harsher than the street pack. Depending on your model year you might want to look at some wider rubber as well. The base GT wheels are pretty skinny iirc.

E: Goddamn those wheels gonna look good on that red.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

The Street pack is M-FR3A-MAA

Edit: One thring from the M8A Track pack that isn't in the Street pack that makes a huge difference:
Toe link bearing upgrades. (makes both ends spherical iirc)
https://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-knuckle-toe-link-bearing-1516.html

edit 2: the street pack is on sale at American muscle for under $1100 (MSRP $1515)
https://www.americanmuscle.com/ford-performance-street-handing-pack-fb-1516.html

toplitzin fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jan 9, 2023

Thom ZombieForm
Oct 29, 2010

I will eat you alive
I will eat you alive
I will eat you alive

quote:

Edit: One thring from the M8A Track pack that isn't in the Street pack that makes a huge difference:
Toe link bearing upgrades. (makes both ends spherical iirc)

Added that sucker to cart.

Good to know.

quote:

edit 2: the street pack is on sale at American muscle

Nice find. Tempting… looking for someone to do the work in Bay Area CA currently.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

so a full refresh from AM is under $1700 for the street pack, control arms, spherical bearings, and replacement fastener set:

Question to the thread:

Has anyone played with/used the Piggyback DBW Throttle modules?
They range in price from $99 to ~$400.

Any good ones, ones to avoid, even worth it out the gate?

a selection:
https://www.americanmuscle.com/2015-mustang-throttle-enhancement.html/f/?sort=Price%20High%20to%20Low

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
As someone who has done every single suspension mod under the sun except the k-member replacement, every single modification you do will make the ride harsher. The up shot is that you will be so connected to the road you will feel everything and the car will be absolutely planted to the ground especially around corners.
My car's suspension is stupid overkill for being a street car.

I have done bolt ons like throttle bodies and plenums, and honestly besides a "coolness" factor I dont notice them anywhere near as much as my suspension mods. I would recommend suspension mods over all minor engine bolt ons. Until you are ready to go forced induction, focus on suspension, braking, and differential upgrades!

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

It's purely curiosity, to see if anyone had experience with the "better throttle response/mapping" as promised by the ad copy.
Hell, I'm not even mad at the current throttle responses in S/S+, but idle curiosity is a pain. it very happily turns pedal pressure into noise and acceleration.
If a bunch of people chimed in and were like "OMG huge improvement in drive-ability and responsiveness" I'd think about it.
Also the wide variation in price for supposedly the same product/results.

Lets be honest, 435/400 is plenty of power for a summer car.

If I were to do any power adders, it would probably be the cobra jet intake manifold and 82mm TB and matching tune, but see above about happy with it as is.

I'm looking forward to the more connected ride. It's felt a bit floaty on several occasions. I would very much like to be more connected.
I'm hours from any track, so not even close to any need/desire for the track pack.

The only other two changes i'm looking at making are the GT350 steering wheel and the Digidash swap.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Double post: I pulled the trigger on the full Street PP parts. Street kit, bearings, control arms, strut tower braces.

And the GT350 steering wheel.

I'm hemming and hawing over the digidash sitting in the cart.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?

toplitzin posted:

Double post: I pulled the trigger on the full Street PP parts. Street kit, bearings, control arms, strut tower braces.

Digidash is amazing, do it.

Thom ZombieForm
Oct 29, 2010

I will eat you alive
I will eat you alive
I will eat you alive

toplitzin posted:

I am looking forward to your AB assessment!

sw0cb
Feb 18, 2007
Back in a mustang after a decade (gently caress, I'm old). 2018 GT350, drove one right after they came out a few years back and knew I had to find my way into one eventually. Finally pulled it off on Thursday. I know its a compromised flat plane design and can have vibration issues, but for my money its the best Ford V8 I've ever driven, by a long shot.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

sw0cb posted:

Back in a mustang after a decade (gently caress, I'm old). 2018 GT350, drove one right after they came out a few years back and knew I had to find my way into one eventually. Finally pulled it off on Thursday. I know its a compromised flat plane design and can have vibration issues, but for my money its the best Ford V8 I've ever driven, by a long shot.

how much did it run you? The flat plane sounds great, even better if you put an x pipe on it, since it revs higher.

sw0cb
Feb 18, 2007

orange juche posted:

how much did it run you? The flat plane sounds great, even better if you put an x pipe on it, since it revs higher.

I paid just under 55k including fords super extended service plan(in case I get bad voodoo) and some delightful markup. It must’ve been a late built 18 or sat on a dealer lot for a long time because it wasn’t first registered until spring of 2019, so I’ve got some original warranty left as well.

Headers and X pipe might be in my future at some point, the sound clips I’ve heard are excellent.

sw0cb fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Feb 13, 2023

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
I just bought a 2017 GT California Special with 40k miles on it. I’m waiting on delivery while they replace some tires and the windshield but I’m pretty excited. This is my second Mustang but my first GT.

The V8 is a very different animal.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I have a 2010 GT Convertible, and it had the factory shaker system with its silly nav system. I replaced it with this:; https://ffperformance.co/product/navos-2010-2014-ford-mutang-oe-style-touchscreen-navigation-with-smartphone-link/

There's a humming sound, a popping and crackling sound. It seems to be from having 5v amp but 12v from the upgraded radio. I installed a resistor, but didn't seem to help. It's so maddening that I'm thinking of trading up just to not loving deal with it.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Spring has finally arrived, and with it, the parts pile has shrunk.

Dash swap

Wheel swap to the GT350

And what I've been waiting all loving winter to see:

The PP Street Suspension will drop it an inch.

Not pictured: installed hood struts

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Those wheels are insanely good on that car.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I want to get a different set of rims for my '21 Mach 1, reason being I had the base Mach 1 rims but gouged the gently caress out of them on a low unpainted corner curb last week, but I'm not sure what would look good on it. Any suggestions?

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
Is the digital dash worth the upgrade? I got sync 3 in the GT but the dash eludes me at the moment.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?

orange juche posted:

I want to get a different set of rims for my '21 Mach 1, reason being I had the base Mach 1 rims but gouged the gently caress out of them on a low unpainted corner curb last week, but I'm not sure what would look good on it. Any suggestions?

I'm a fan of these: steeda trident

Kind of like the handling package Mach 1 wheels but lighter.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Well Played Mauer posted:

Is the digital dash worth the upgrade? I got sync 3 in the GT but the dash eludes me at the moment.

I think it's great.

https://i.imgur.com/evyboC3.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/AUxbn5p.mp4

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?

Second this, I can't imagine going back to a non-digital dash. Easier to read (especially as I get old as gently caress) and crazy customizable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Dinurth posted:

I'm a fan of these: steeda trident

Kind of like the handling package Mach 1 wheels but lighter.

Super sexy looking rims, but those are 10 inch and 11 inch rims front and back vs the stock 9.5 and 10.5 on the Mach 1. I'm an idiot when it comes to running wider rims and tires, will I need a spacer or anything? The page doesn't mention anything special for fitment, so I think not, but I'm not sure.

E: actually when the rim requires a spacer it specifies it in bold, along with the mm size of the spacer. That said I might step up to 19x11 inch all square tires, or back it down to 19x10s all around, because I'm not made entirely of money and staggered setups are expensive since staggered tires live half as long.

Ugh I really don't want to back it down to 19x10 square though, the car will absolutely break loose since Ford already undersizes the tires for the Mustang, and I don't want to be an even bigger danger to random pedestrians.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Apr 12, 2023