Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Sold it last weekend. I'll keep an eye out over the winter and maybe pick something up before next spring.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Trying to figure out what car to buy next. Something between now and spring.

1. Another built SN95. 600-700hp, centrifugal blower, 4.6 or 5.0 I don't care. Basically my old car with an intercooler and then possibly E85. Hard top this time. Cheapest option but hardest to find.
2. 07-10 GT500. Hopefully with a TVS but I guess I can live with a tune/pulley/intake car for a summer
3. 03/04 Cobra, again with a TVS etc. Although paying upwards of $30k for a 20 year old car with a 45 year old chassis....

It's been so nice lately I've missed having one to drive. I think I'll try to drive the next one more.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

davecrazy posted:

Terminator Cobra. Obviously.

Bought. Will upload some pictures later this week.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Got a really good deal on these Toyo drag radials with brand new wheels

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

It's warm this weekend so I got to take it for a ride. Runs pretty good, loud as poo poo though. Needs a motor mount, shakes a bit at idle and on takeoff. Never had a positive displacement supercharger before, powerband is so flat the car actually doesn't feel fast but hits 100 really quick.

Did some top down cruising. loving sun visors are both missing. There's an Autometer steering wheel Coulomb gauge pod in the trunk so I need to fill that with either a wideband or boost gauge..

Going to replace the Chinese front tires in the spring. Also needs a door pin the drivers door sags a bit. All the radio speakers aren't working so I'm guessing the Mach 460 just isn't wired to the RCA's right, I need to take a look at that, and the aftermarket deck is too old to have Bluetooth so I'll swap that out with a newer $99 one.

After inspecting it, I've found the following mods:

Whipple 2.3, oval TB, return style fuel system, McLeod RST clutch, off road X pipe and Borla stinger catback, solid axle swap (3.27 ugh) with QA1 uppers/lowers.

Tracked down the previous owner who modded the car and found a 600hp dyno sheet.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N464Tu_DIfk

Taken her out for a couple rides. Seems to be good. Ordered a couple bearings since one of the idler pulleys is making some noise. Suspension feels good, car is a bit loud. Front brakes need a look, rotors are a little warped.

One of the door speakers is out so I might make sure the factory amps are hooked up right, but I think I'll just run some wire straight to them and buy four new speakers.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Car sat for most of the winter but I've been fixing random crap the last month or so. Pinion angle was all hosed up, so it at the seal and was vibrating under heavy throttle, replaced the Chinese lower control arms, found some vacuum leaks, fixed the idle, replaced some pulleys, leaking coolant hoses, got a new set of wheels and tires, stuck some cats on it because it was so loving loud and sounded like rear end, lots of random stuff to fix still but it drives decent now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8lH7Lmr7e8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Wrar posted:

As for dealing with winter, you'll want appropriate tires, and when the snow gets tall you might not be able to use the car.

If they salt the roads...it will eat the car. You can fluid film and underbody spray but that crap will still manage to rust parts of your car you didn't know exist.