Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BITBY
May 6, 2007

I signed the papers on a 2011 V-6 automatic a few weeks ago. This was my first new car purchase in life, I was so happy. Black on black base model, spoiler/decal delete, 8.2 miles on odometer. I was proud to hand them a cashiers check for the entire purchase of the car, tax and title. They handed me the keys and shook my hand.

Then things started to go wrong:

-Distinct whine in an idler pulley. I left the dealer that day in an Enterprise special metallic gray Ford Focus sedan.

-100 miles: Back to the dealer. Dealer was hesitant to acknowledge my complaint of driveshaft play during test drive, despite clicking from rear end which could be felt and heard when leaving a stop; I demanded access to lift to visually demonstrate almost a full inch of play at driveshaft yoke. Rear driveshaft yoke replaced under warranty, no clicking.

-almost 300 miles: Its getting fun:
- approaching a stop when at running temperature, the transmission will intermittently not downshift into 1st. Lightly applying throttle to leave said stop initiates downshift with a disconcerting 'thunk' as it discovers 1st. Placing transmission into the '1' gate does send it into 1st at a stop, so that's a workaround which won't hurt anything.

-I have noticed that when using the A/C for long periods, that the engine will occasionally missfire.

I'm going to start scouring Mustang forums to see if there are any of these problems being mirrored. I'll keep updating any additional issues I encounter here for those who are looking at '11s. The dealer met me half-way and gave me a refund for my 6yr/100k warranty upgrade, but I'm a little disappointed to say the least.

e: I haven't even gone through the first tank of gas yet, so I'll let yall know how the capless fuel filler feels when I break the seal.

BITBY fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jul 21, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BITBY
May 6, 2007

Bob Morales posted:

Most cars with a 5/6 speed auto will hold second until they've been completely stopped. Is it trying to leave a stoplight in 2nd gear?

Occasionally, it will hold 2nd at a complete stop. Applying the throttle again to move it shifts abruptly into 1st. Makes it very interesting during rush hour on the 101 in LA.

I'm hoping that everything gets resolved in a manner which gives me a trouble free experience. I definitely love it, I had been saving up for the better part of two years anticipating this exact car, and made the purchase with the intent to keep it well beyond its 6yr warranty; bone stock until it suddenly loses its interior and grows a rollcage 6 or 7 years from now.

BITBY
May 6, 2007

That was quick.

I just spoke to the dealer, faulty TCM. I'm walking from work right now to pick her up!

Waiting for the 500-mile mark before I put the boot to it. 200 more miles to go, plan on putting a lot of those down tonight. Oh I'm excited, it feels like I'm picking it up for real this time.