Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

VibrioCholera posted:

I just came back from dropping my car off from Anderson Ford in Clinton, IL and they were supposed to do a 5.0 GT build. Still can't get it and it was going to be a magazine car.

Also I'll probably do a full write up with videos once it's (finally) tuned and running but I am a SN95 and mod motor believer. This car was my daily driver last year until it started eating and blowing too much oil. It went in for a basic engine rebuild...

1996 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra still using the Teksid Aluminum Block & B-Heads

No longer is it stock though.

Bored out to ~5.0L, Comp Stage 2 Blower Cams, 9.2:1 pistons, stroker kit, Procharger F1-A supercharger cog driven and intercooled, 80# injectors, Anderson Ford PMS tuned by Anderson Ford, flaming river manual steering, Aerospace Engineering breaks, Weld ProStars wheels, 28" M/T slicks, 8.50 second NHRA certified roll cage, Strange Ford 9" rear end w/ 4.10 gear ratio and spool, MMR aluminum intake (They've sold some, they're ridiculously priced. I'm fairly certain my car is the only one out there right now running with one) tuned on VP Racing Fuel 116 octane leaded race gas @ ~$20/gal (DOH!) It can still be driven on the street as well.

Its weak link right now is the Tremec TKO500 transmission which should hold it but doesn't shift worth a drat especially at the RPM needed to create full boost. Was looking into phase tooth options but ended up decided on a Liberty LSC5000 4 speed. Refusal to put an automatic in the car. Race cars have clutches not computers. :colbert:

Best part is when it was initially getting dyno tuned the kid said, "I don't think your boost gauge is working." I was pretty sure it did. About an hour later he got the car up to around 3500 RPM and it finally moved (electric gauge so there was no vacuum display.) He goes, "Hey, it works. The car doesn't even start to make boost until 4000 RPM. It's set up for ~22 psi right now with the capability to go to 38.

Jesus Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

I also read somewhere that the new V6 sounds absolutely fantastic, is there any first-hand truth to this claim?

Someone in my town has one and it sounds pretty good.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Atom1klad posted:

It's a fox body.

Fox chassis and no, it isn't.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Muffinpox posted:

I was discussing how an exhaust usually leads to a decrease in MPG, especially when it sounds good in the upper RPM ranges under full throttle.

This happened to my 85 GT when I upgraded to true duals that flowed a lot more air. I think the correlation is bigger tubes=less mpg.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Hog Obituary posted:

I think Muffinpox was actually saying that if your exhaust sounds good you're going to be gunning it everywhere just to listen to the exhaust... hence less mpg

Yea dude, I got that part. I may be a terrible poster but I'm not that dense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Well, poo poo. I just put a deposit down on a 2011 GT500 with the SVT Performance Pack, Navigation, and the glass roof, in Sterling Silver with red skinny stripes. Now the waiting game before I go pick it up (hopefully next week).

That's awesome. I can't wait to see the pictures ;)