Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Not many swap guides out there I must be the only person that sees an endless supply of wrecked mustang ecoboost motors on ebay no one wants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
loving fords. That is all I have to add.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

IOwnCalculus posted:

To be fair I don't think I would have ever even thought to check that. Why the gently caress does it even have enough threads so that it's even possible to screw the stock knob on too far?

Did you not see my post above yours?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Dinurth posted:

How much do y'all pay for car insurance? I feel like my premium is absolutely insane.

2016 GT, I put 5-8k miles on it a year and have almost nothing left on the loan. Yet everywhere I look my premium is $900+ for 6months, recently went up $100.

Perfect driving record, amazing credit.

I have a co-worker with a Telsa worth twice as much, he has a DUI and pays half as much in insurance.

What the gently caress?

Do you live in a high insurance city compared to co worker that lives across a county line or something? You might also actually have coverage where they have state minimums.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Dinurth posted:

Also in Austin - still don't understand why my rate is so high and not a single insurance agent can tell me anything.

The weird thing is if I do a quote with my (now-ex) as the primary on the quote and myself, it's roughly $450, but if I put myself as primary, or solo, it's $900.

Insurance is a loving scam.

Insuring single males is not something rational insurance companies want to do. I am assuming that is the main driver of your rate besides lol mustang. If you are not a dude then I really don't understand. Try the local farm insurance company. They are sometimes wacky different.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Buy a 94 95 302. Pushrods are your friends.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Krakkles posted:

Can’t you get a new edge GT for like, $3k at this point?

You can get the 197 for 5 at most.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

ilkhan posted:

Yeah, at this point 2015+ or bust. Everything older is.... Yeah. And I drove an 01 V6 for a decade.

They are such good cars the only good mustangs.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I don’t own one, but a friend has a 2017 5.0 Mustang Convertible and the small rear window got off track somehow. Is this a common thing or not?

Fords will do all kinds of weird malfunctions. Every part is derived from a taurus or f150.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

thebigcow posted:

Think my new edge is due to launch another spark plug.

Truly the best feature, so easy to change them when they pop out like a turkey timer.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Mustangs have 3 doors

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

PIZZA.BAT posted:

Yeah I guess it sort of makes sense that they'd give it the Mustang badge if you squint. That brand is definitely something they don't want to dilute so if anything I feel like this is signaling that they're very confident in how this release is going to go.

Please drive a mustang II and edit this post.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Can't you just crank up the radio?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
There should be a warning on the welcome signs.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

PIZZA.BAT posted:

Well I found a 2019 ecoboost premium with *all* the bells and whistles for a pretty drat good price so I'm back in the club, boys :toot:

It's an automatic though :confuoot:

e85 it

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
You can’t finance a 2001. No dealer wants that poo poo

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I think all fords should be mazdas. we were very close. we can do it again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Cage posted:

Nice, anymore deets? Pics?

I'll take two.

They are called LTD wagons. Buy all you want.