Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Demokracy
Jul 23, 2009

Pudgygiant posted:

Requested a quote for a GT Premium from AAFES Car Sales today. 3.55, tech and security package, HIDs. $36ish invoice from Ford, if AAFES can get it for 33 or below I'll pull the trigger. One of the guys I'm out here with got a Raptor for $6k under invoice so I think there's a decent chance.

Just as a heads up, I did the same thing. Mine is the GT Premium, performance white with the black over the top stripes, 3.73 ratio, Brembos, and the coupe accessory pack and i'm paying $33,500 on an otherwise $38,000 car. AAFES sucks at most things, but when you're deployed buying a car isn't one of them.

Also, the AAFES sales rep can do an additional $500.00 off on top of all the other rebates you currently qualify for. Its a manual punch in for them and they don't normally do it unless they know you're "on the fence" so use it to your advantage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demokracy
Jul 23, 2009

Pudgygiant posted:

I'm going on leave in September, a couple more weeks next March, and then probably not for good until July or so. If I order this and have it delivered in September other than the horses getting anxious will there be any adverse effects of it sitting around for a few months?

If you still have awhile in country I'd seriously consider waiting on placing your order until you're about 2 months out. It will give the car time to "cool down" if you will and the price will drop. I know AAFES does the price match thing to "lock in your price" but honestly with that much time the only way the price is going is down. not to mention it will save you the hassle of having to track the price changes yourself (which you will have to do).

Save up the money you would have spend now and in the payments (if any) you planned on making in country and drop it as one big lump sum once you're just about done with your deployment. It will lower your financing and everything.

Unless you absolutely have to have it for leave.

Demokracy
Jul 23, 2009

kronix posted:

Speaking of winter tires, I'm just curious what other Mustang owners do for the winter. What size rims do you use for winter tires. I'm guessing they don't make 19 inch snow tires and I probably wouldn't want them on my rims anyways.

19' snow tires are pretty common. Even "performance" 19' snows aren't rare.

Demokracy
Jul 23, 2009

VikingSkull posted:

gently caress ya'll, muscle cars are supposed to be obnoxious.

There is a difference from a car being "vulgar" (which is a good thing as it turns heads and really drives the point home), and a car being "obtuse" (which ends up being just a really poor effort at trying to obtain the former). That paint job is horrible.