Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
If you actually live somewhere with inclement weather, you should run summers that have decent wet performance in the summer and dedicated winter compound tires in the winter.

All-Seasons are horrible and even the best are really three-season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

IOwnCalculus posted:

Skipshift is purely a CAFE thing as far as I know - the conditions where it forces you to do 1-4 are entirely within the CAFE drive cycle. I think it actually does little to nothing for emissions or the kind of things CARB bitches about.

It nets them a higher CAFE number like you said and I think at least on the Corvette skipshift let them escape the gas guzzler tax for a while. Not sure if that's still the case, but I'll take an effective $1300 off MSRP for something that can be disabled for about $20.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

MonkeyNutZ posted:

Manuals only (I think.)

I wonder how much the skip-shift system costs manufacturers, sure they aren't taxed, but the components and time to install them has got to add up pretty quickly when you're making tens of thousands of cars.

Probably takes about 35 seconds of line time and less than a dollar's worth of parts, versus the CAFE thing and the fact that you're saving the customer 1K plus in gas guzzler tax.