Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hooch302
Jun 30, 2010

by T. Finn
I desperately want to make love to this thread...

That Grabber Blue is so freaking sexy. There's one sitting for sale at the Ford dealership that sits right next to my freaking office. The temptation to go down there every time I look out my window kills me.

Speaking of exhaust note...That's the only thing I'm not wild about with the new ones. It just doesn't have the same Mustang sound to it. Suppose that could be changed with a nice set of long tubes, off road h pipe, and proper set of mufflers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hooch302
Jun 30, 2010

by T. Finn
It either needs to lose the splitter/diffuser or the hood. Having both makes the front end look too heavy/blunt. The rest isn't too bad. Could probably lose the C window covers though.

Hooch302
Jun 30, 2010

by T. Finn

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Most of that extra cost has to be the body pieces/paint/wheels. It's easy to make a ton of power for cheap on a GT500.

Yup. I was lurking on a Shelby Mustang site and there was a thread about some owners that are (understandably) livid that the hood cost $21K to replace or some such nonsense. Fake edit: Here's the thread.

Hooch302
Jun 30, 2010

by T. Finn
Sure it does, if that amazing, fast car is being driven by you while getting a hummer from said gorgeous blonde.

Hooch302
Jun 30, 2010

by T. Finn
There's nothing wrong with corral.net. They're the right wing equivalent of everything else on the net that is so far left it comes back around full circle. Twice.

They just really didn't like Phil for reasons I can't imagine :dreamy: (military sucks because I can't smoke pot! the south sucks (i'm moving to talledega!)) Yes. I was there for your retardation from 2000ish to 2004ish.

:P

But yeah, even as a conservative, corral.net made my skin crawl. Eh. Mustang site. It's not exactly high brow.

Hooch302 fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Oct 4, 2010

Hooch302
Jun 30, 2010

by T. Finn

frozenphil posted:

:tinfoil: Who are you?

Nobody of any importance. I don't remember my log in name, tbh. I was mostly just loving with you.

That said, the site really has gone downhill. I don't even think the technical sections are that good anymore.

Hooch302
Jun 30, 2010

by T. Finn
Yeah, I always got the stereotypical 'got the poo poo kicked out of me growing up so I'll be a COP and get my revenge!' twat vibe from him. After I sold my Mustangs, I quit visiting the site with any regularity. It's just so...

:downswords:

Hooch302
Jun 30, 2010

by T. Finn
Going to look at a bone stock '99 Cobra with 49,000 miles. Don't expect any surprises from looking at the pictures.

Keeping fingers crossed...

Hooch302
Jun 30, 2010

by T. Finn
You're not going to change the public's perception of a vehicle that has been shaped for 46 years...

Hooch302
Jun 30, 2010

by T. Finn

John Blaster posted:

I went to a Ford dealer the other day to inquire about finding an '03-'04 Cobra convertible. After listening to this guy try to sell me an '07 GT instead and then ask me if I wanted the Cobra in stick or auto, I felt like this was a bad place to be at. I finished up giving him the information on the Cobra I want and left. I'm not sure if going there was the right move at all. Any other suggestions? Aren't there SVT certified dealers who specialize in this stuff?

Autotrader and ebay with 'any distance' to your location. And prepare to get proper hosed in the rear end without lube by the price. Good luck finding one that hasn't been beat to absolute death or mod'd to hell and back.

Hooch302
Jun 30, 2010

by T. Finn

My God all those cars are so sexy I'm about to dry hump my monitor.

Those body kits are seriously the best I've seen on the Mustang in a loooong time. They fit the lines, and the black really makes the Mustang body look thinner, leaner, more fit. Especially the rear end, which I've always thought just looked like a big chunk of unimaginative plastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hooch302
Jun 30, 2010

by T. Finn
A used Mustang is really the perfect enthusiast car. Cheap, reliable, lots of go fast parts for whatever you want to do (autox or drag). Probably THE most supported aftermarket of any car ever made.