Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Fox body question.

I know there was the 93 Mustang Cobra. I'm not asking about that because I'm certain they really existed.
What I'm asking about it the Mustang "Cobra GT" or maybe it was the "GT Cobra".

I don't ever recall seeing anything in books or online about them, but I remember in the mid-late 90s in newspapers and the Tri-ad seeing "Mustang Cobra GT" (or "GT Cobra") for sale, many times. Like a whole bunch of times, and in fact I think I saw one in the flesh today. The one I saw today was 87 or newer because it had the 87+ quarter windows. From back in the day, I don't ever recall what model years I saw for sale, just that they were fox bodies.

So..... What is the deal with them? Since I've never seen anything that I can recall in books (I have a whole bunch of Mustang books) or magazines, was this a for real model or were Cobra stickers just something that was really popular for Five Point Oh owners back in the day?

Was it just an appearance package? A Handling package? Just a few stupid stickers?

I'm in Canadastan and all these "Cobra GTs" were listed in Canadian publications, if that makes a difference.

Super fake edit: Also aware that there was a 1979-81 Cobra as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Powershift posted:

It was a goofy Canadian thing. Name only.

http://www.mustanggt.org/canadiangt#1984-1992\

Thanks!
I had a feeling it was something like that.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

if everything checks out, is this a good deal?

https://www.autotrader.ca/a/ford/mustang/mississauga/ontario/19_11890740_/?showcpo=ShowCpo&ncse=no&orup=11_13_13&pc=L6H%200E2&sprx=100

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Thanks for the replies. I'm probably not going to buy it, but was curious.
I'm getting a new ride soon, so anything fun will be next summer, but I've just been looking around to gauge prices and whatnot.
I really want a 65-66 convertible, but they're probably out of reasonable reach. Fox bodies are closer to my price range, but still *maybe* too much unless I REALLY want it, but the SN95s are still cheap thus far.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

A phenolic spacer helps with keeping the intake charge a bit cooler, but iirc they're usually some kind of plastic..

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Got ya. I've typically seen them between the upper and lower intakes and between carbs and intakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

A lighter weight flywheel might require more throttle and clutch slipping to not stall out.

But that wouldn't explain the throttle hang.