Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Everyone here wishes I would ragequit my life
Just bought a 2001 GT, figured it was time for a fun car after owning a 93 Grand Am, a 98 Dakota, and an 04 Civic. The interior is pretty crappy but I just love the V8 sound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Imperador do Brasil posted:

I'm considering getting an axle-back exhaust for the Shelby, purely for sound, and my top choices are SLP Loud Mouth and Magnaflow Competition Series. Pros/cons for each? My friend Matt has the SLP on his WS6 Trans Am, and I've heard the Magnaflow on their own website, and I like both. The SLP is like $200 cheaper, but is the quality $200 worse?

Although I've never heard one on a Shelby, the SLP seems like it would be easy to get sick of.

Industrial
May 31, 2001

CharlesM posted:

Maybe it's stupid but I honestly love the sound of a V8 vs a turbo V6...

This is what it is for me too honestly. When I was car shopping my contenders were a Mustang GT and a Genesis Coupe. There were a lot of things I preferred about the Genesis Coupe but I couldn't stop thinking about how the Mustang sounded and bought it a few days later. To this day there are few cars whose engine notes I prefer to mine.

Industrial
May 31, 2001

vote_no posted:

I know this is one of my two repeated contributions to this thread, but... I drive a '98 GT all year 'round in Minnesota with all-seasons and it's been no trouble at all. I drove up from small town Iowa last May during that snowstorm that dropped a foot without issue, but I would be worried about trying to take an unplowed hill with more than 6" on the ground. If I lived where there weren't plows, and were hills, I would probably not drive the Mustang in 6" or more.

Not sure how the newest generation fares. It's probably better, but either way; I wouldn't settle for anything less than a 5.0. Risk the failure rate. :colbert:

I drive an 01 GT through Minneapols and echo this. In 4 winters I've only slid off the road once and it was in conditions so lovely it would have happened in almost any car.

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Folderol posted:

Can anyone from a snow belt region chime in on whether RWD is doable? The new Mustang is one of a few cars I'm looking at, but it's been ages since I've driven a RWD, and driving in winter around here can be a white knuckle experience under the best of circumstances.

It depends on your commute. I drove a Mustang for 4 years in Minneapolis and when I drove 8 miles down a major road it was totally fine as long as you're careful. Once my commute involved back roads and driving up a small hill I felt like I was taking my life into my hands and traded it for an F-150.