Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
Anyone that feels the rear end end of the Mustang isn't pleasing to look at shouldn't have bought a Camaro in the first place :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

frozenphil posted:

What do you get with long tubes, full exhaust, 4.10 gears, a Vortech supercharger pushing 7psi, and everything else stock on a 2011 5.0 with an automatic? You get 10s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ63GxXqJ9c

I watched the not very exciting "up next video" for that, and then noticed this in the related videos. "2011 Mustang GT vs Camaro SS"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkmUfnBMZDI

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
Is there any reason anyone can think of not to get a 1990 Mustang LX that's been rode hard and put away wet for $400? 4cyl is hooked to a manual tranny and I'd like something good on gas that I can have a little fun with.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

destructo posted:

Maybe it's a little better with the manual but we clocked my friend's mom's auto LX at a 0-60 of 17 seconds.

That doesn't sound like much fun at all. It's pretty ragged though. Maybe the PO left something valuable in it :v:

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
I own(ed) a 2002 V6 and enjoyed it. My ex-gf wanted it and makes the payments so good riddance to both. I was mostly disillisusioned with it once I learned for the same price as I paid, I could have had a beater 928 or a slew of other cars I had actually desired.

To date the most fun car I've driven and owned was a 1987? Dodge Charger. It wasn't even a turbo shelby or anything crazy. Gas was amazing in it and it was agile and comfortable. I was really just hoping to recapture that kind of experience again and while I completely understand this isn't a go-fast Mustang, it may still give it to me. Pretty unlikely at 17s 0-60 but there is always the chance I'll get outbid on it. It's at a title loan place and I offered $400 because more than that is out of impulse buy range. They are waiting on two more bids before it moves though so I won't even know if I get stuck with it until later this week.

My Mazda B2200 just quit this morning, so I was kind of hoping the consensus would have been it was dull but 23-28mpg as that would let me just shelve the Mazda until later and use the Mustang as my between town carriage.

I do have a fairly long history of buying cars that get you laughed at though, so it may fit right in. Really, there is no way to salvage any kind of road-cred for myself anyway. I drive the worst 1976 Nova as my daily, own the ugliest Camaro in the area, and other than the 2002 V6, haven't owned a car capable of >100 mph without severe concern for safety. I'm already hopeless.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
I know it's a bad idea, and I would happily walk headfirst into it knowing how much misery it would bring. The practical side of my head that reads and retains poo poo knows it's a terrible idea. The eternal child on the other half would be giving it indian burns until it let me buy it.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

OrganizedEntropy posted:

While I love the new engine specs and will probably need to upgrade mine next year as a result, I am definitely not a fan of the new rear end. That horizontal body line that runs above the exhaust/fascia gives it a boat hull like look.

2013 Rear:

2012 Rear:

This update almost fixes everything that turned me off about the 2012 rear, the new rear end is hot.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
I was reflecting earlier about the '13s coming out and how long we've actually been here being wowed by the numbers and design decisions coming down from Ford and I just have to say that it's a testament to the company's dedication to producing a good car at a good value to hold all of our attention for this long. I also appreciate being able to read the opinions of the informed here and so thanks not only to Ford for doing things right for so long, but thanks as well to all of yall for having enough care left in you to share your insight with the rest of us left to live vicariously through you.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

frozenphil posted:

And the new 5.0 will drop right in. :)

420 usable and reliable horse power in a 2800lb car would be fun.

Would this be on par with the V8 Vega's of yesteryear?

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
Would it be cheaper to buy a rollover like that or all new parts if you wanted engine and entire drive train to transplant into a project? I'll never be able to afford to do it, but eh dreams gotta come from somewhere.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

frozenphil posted:

On the surface I'm repulsed, but my heart loves this.

http://youtu.be/2UXKXIgLBhc

http://youtu.be/C7KpE_ag0Us

I don't know what's more the car or the comments

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
I'd like to put a smokeshow into my Camaro :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

Count Freebasie posted:

Try driving an '87 manual that doesn't even have a goddamn cup holder. A man gets thirsty on a ride. And if you leave a bottle on the passenger seat, when you hit the brakes it goes flying off the seat onto the passenger floorboard :argh:

you could always

Only registered members can see post attachments!