Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Grabber Blue really is striking in person. It almost looks like it is glowing ever so slightly. It's a great color, but I think I'd get tired of it after a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

I believe the strut tower brace is included with 19" wheel packages. Why the distinction I don't know, but that's what I've read.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

All 19" options should have it, Brembo package included. I want to say all convertibles have it too, but I'm not 100% on that.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

I've seen people posting elsewhere about getting a premium with 18's and not getting the brace. It doesn't appear to be tied to trim level. It has to either be a convertible and/or have 19's to come with the strut tower brace.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Space Whale posted:

Should have mentioned my old car was a Sonata. I'm laughing about it if only because the beep it makes when locked sounds like a squeak toy.

My wife has an Optima, and I like to mash the lock button on the fob because the little horn beep sounds exactly like the Road Runner to me. Meep Meep!

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Joined team DIB last night. I was biding my time and saving, but some guy special ordered exactly what I wanted and walked away. I took that as a sign to just buy the loving thing.

Loving it so far. It's going to take me some time to get used to the sky high clutch engagement point, but other than that it is awesome. It might be a month or two before I even bother turn on the stereo.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

ilkhan posted:

I know what you mean there. These coyotes sounds great.

Premium? 15? 16? Trying to figure out your ai spreadsheet entry.

Clutch does take a bit to get used to. Its not just high, the weight change right at the engagement point is weird.

Premium 16.

Cage posted:

Thats weird that its sky high. On new edges its pretty drat close to the floor.

I drove my brothers bmw x5 that has a high grab point and it really makes it not enjoyable to drive.

My 96 Mustang was close to the floor too. I got rid of it in 08 when I bought my Mazda, but that was the last manual I drove with any regularity. The muscle memory is still there, and it is screwing with me big time.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

The guy that sold me my car on Monday was almost bragging that their 10k markup was the lowest is the Dallas area.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

I'm kind of surprised how well adaptive cruise control works with the 6 speed. I was expecting it to barely function, but it is drat near autopilot. It has no trouble speeding up in 6th gear or slowing down as needed.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

I think the Shaker system in my 2016 sounds pretty good to my non-audiophile ears, which is probably what their goal is. Make something that sounds good enough to most people. People really into that poo poo won't ever be happy with stock.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Recaros are the only option I didn't get on my '16. The premium seats are pretty drat nice, and I didn't want to pay extra to give up the rear end vents.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Love the car. If Grabber Blue was available in the 2016 model year that would have been a tough decision.

That said, I think I do like the black Performance Pack wheels better now that I've seen the silver ones. That was the one thing I was waffling over before I ordered one, but I found exactly what I wanted on a lot with black wheels and bought it. I'm kind of glad I "settled." :shrug:

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

My rear tires are dead after 16k miles. I really didn't think I abused them that much but whatever.

What's the recommended tire for the s550 performance pack wheels? Michelin Pilot Super Sports? I'm in Dallas where we occasionally have one day of winter a year, so I'm fine sticking with summer tires.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Rex-Goliath posted:

Oh yeah I'm no stranger to Apple being super picky about their partnerships. I'm just annoyed at all the news articles talking about it coming to 2016 vehicles with just a software upgrade with no mention of the hardware upgrade. Would have been nice to have put in the order for the USB hub at the same time as the USB stick. Oh well!!

Has the update been officially released yet? It was supposed to be released by the end of 2016, but I got impatient and installed the leaked update in February.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

I got my 2016 GT Premium Sport Package basically at invoice without trying. It was a special order that someone walked away from and they listed it on the website at that price.

I've had it right at two years, and have had a few weird issues. The main strut bolt on the front passengar side was loose and caused a weird clunking sound when going over bumps. I also had a CEL for some minor valve thing, but I can't remember the details. Also the lumbar controls weren't working on the driver seat. While I'm on the subject, is the seat back supposed to be heated and cooled as well? I haven't been able to get a clear answer, but it still doesn't seem to be working. Other than that just the normal Ford rattles and squeaks.

I would love to have the MagneRide and the active exhaust, but since they got rid of the best color (Deep Impact Blue) I have to stick with what I have. It is still my favorite thing I have ever owned.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Thanks guys. I had them look at it the last time it was in the shop, and they only fixed the lumbar thing and said everything else was fine. I had just assumed the cooling was poo poo since my wife's car is massively better, but the seat back is definitely not heating up.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

ilkhan posted:

Some people want to keep the heating/cooling functions, even with the pp. 🤔

I am some people.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Yeah built in nav usually sucks, but Android auto is pretty great. It was a big reason why I waited for the 2016 model year and a major factor in my wife's car buying decision earlier this year.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Dinurth posted:

How much do y'all pay for car insurance? I feel like my premium is absolutely insane.

2016 GT, I put 5-8k miles on it a year and have almost nothing left on the loan. Yet everywhere I look my premium is $900+ for 6months, recently went up $100.

Perfect driving record, amazing credit.

I have a co-worker with a Telsa worth twice as much, he has a DUI and pays half as much in insurance.

What the gently caress?

I live in Dallas and was just quoted about the same for my 2016 GT. It was a little shocking.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Dinurth posted:

Time to get remarried!

Checked with Farmers insurance, the same coverage is less than half the price.

I really don't understand insurance.

Trust me, a wife is a hell of a lot more expensive than $200 a month.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Kia's ventilated seating is legit great. I wish my 2016 GT came close to my ex's old Optima.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

The special edition buzz is currently focused on a new Mach 1 replacing the GT350 and Bullitt for 2021 as the mid tier option below the GT500. There are camo'd spy shots out there and suggestions that it will be a 5.0 with similar power numbers to the 5.2 Voodoo. There's also a blurb from the Mustang director guy that it will be the most track capable 5.0 ever.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2021-ford-mustang-mach-1-confirmed-official-photos-details/

I was planning on getting some kind of performance electric for my next car when my 2016 GT starts showing its age, but this could change my mind. It will probably depend a lot on how the body tweaks look. Last year I got to do some market research where they had us give opinions on possible styling options in a VR headset. It was pretty drat neat and paid decently too. I would have done that for free.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

opengl128 posted:

The base 100A/300A cars are dreary, but the 101A/301A is not bad at all. Gets you the nicer stereo with large screen and Sync w/ CarPlay/AA, MyColor, drive modes, auto climate etc. Only thing you miss out on from Premium is leather which isn't the greatest quality anyway.

Yeah the "leather" on my 2016 is starting to come apart on the door side of the driver's seat. The car just hit 35k miles. The seat venting is also pretty weak, so if I had known then what I know now I would have just gotten the Recaro's instead.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Digital_Jesus posted:

The 2015s had the old my ford touch so Id avoid those if you care about the infotainment stuff. Its why I dumped my 2015 Ecoboost.

This for sure. This is 90% of why I waited one more model year before I bought my 2016 GT. Android Auto (and probably Apple CarPlay) is so much better than anything an automaker can do on their own. The catch for CarPlay for at least the 2016s though is that they have to replace the USB port/controller for support.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Seeing a lot of Charger in the front end here. Overall its not bad. I'm curious if they are going to announce anything about a real EV Mustang today.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

It's not bad. I love the look of my 2016 GT and the pre-facelift s550 in general, but I don't hate this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

These things are almost always a cringefest. I'd say this was a fairly typical "only the most dedicated of fans will tolerate this for more than 30 seconds" level of cringe.