Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
Requested a quote for a GT Premium from AAFES Car Sales today. 3.55, tech and security package, HIDs. $36ish invoice from Ford, if AAFES can get it for 33 or below I'll pull the trigger. One of the guys I'm out here with got a Raptor for $6k under invoice so I think there's a decent chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

kronix posted:

You might be able to with the AAFES but these cars are selling over invoice all day long around here. I put an offer in on a Red GT premium with an MSRP of ~36.5 and got a "sorry we can't do business" and a hangup. I know it's a low offer but I figured I'd get a counter offer at least.

The car is not listed in the dealer's inventory anymore so I'm assuming they sold it to someone else for more than I offered. If you're budget minded wait till after the summer, you'll probably do better.

GT Premium manual, 3.55 rear end, comfort package, security package, HIDs. AAFES quote $32,910. gently caress this is a hard decision.

Demokracy posted:

Also, the AAFES sales rep can do an additional $500.00 off on top of all the other rebates you currently qualify for. Its a manual punch in for them and they don't normally do it unless they know you're "on the fence" so use it to your advantage.

Nice, I didn't know about that. If I switch the 3.55 for 3.73 rear end and hit that $500 off I could have this car for drat near $1000 under MSRP.

Pudgygiant fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jul 23, 2010

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Two questions
1) I'll be driving in Colorado, lots of mountains and lots of braking. Is there noticeable fade on the stock brakes? If I'm never going to track this, are the Brembos still worth it given the driving I'll be doing?
2) Is the 3.55 rear end decent for highway driving?

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

frozenphil posted:

1) You're not going to fade the stock brakes with regular driving. However, I have a feeling Brembos are going to be a sought after option in the resell market.
2) At 70mph in 6th gear you'll be turning 1988 RPM with the manual or 2110 RPM with the automatic. This is based off of the stock 18" tire's 27.3" diameter, 3.55 rear gear, and a 6th gear ratio of .65 for the manual and .69 for the automatic.

Tire height and transmission ratios are taken from here, tire size conversion was done here, and gear calculations were done here in the "Transmission Final Gear Ratio Manual Entry" section.

With the 3.73s in a manual (can't get them in the automatic from the factory) you'll be turning 2089 RPM in 6th gear. This is why we tell people "don't fear the gear". We're not in 1968 anymore. Transmissions have more than 3 speeds as well as overdrive. Even 4.56 gears will only spin 2554 RPM in 6th at 70mph.

Thanks phil, good information and great links to have.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

I'm going on leave in September, a couple more weeks next March, and then probably not for good until July or so. If I order this and have it delivered in September other than the horses getting anxious will there be any adverse effects of it sitting around for a few months?

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

OK, so AAFES will lower the MSRP or add any additional rebates, but if the rebates I'm getting now disappear the price won't go up. I decided to go ahead and buy it, delivery date March 15th, 2011. Final price $35,738 for a GT Premium with the California Special pkg, Comfort pkg, glass roof, 3.55 rear end, Grabber Blue with charcoal seats. I'm excited this beast will be waiting for me when I get home.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

kronix posted:

Plus gray wheels look lovely on the best color(Grabber Blue).

Fixed your pretty blatant typo.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Am I missing something on Ford's configurator or is there really no SYNC on the Boss?

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Q_res posted:

As an aside, it looks like the new GTs are already showing up as unmarked patrol cars. Louisville Metro here in Kentucky is running three unmarked GTs now.

Ft. Carson has had one since basically right after they hit street, whenever a soldier does enough damage that they can't pay the brand new spent-all-my-deployment-money car is the first thing the MPs try to take, and they actually have some white hot unmarked cars.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Fifty Three posted:

Personally, I think the car as a whole looks too much like an XK.

The lines remind me of an XK, the proportions make me think of a TT. I'm ok with both of those. My gripe is the back looks like a Civic hatchback.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

11hp more than an Enzo and roughly the same top speed for 1/18th the cost, I like it. How can I preorder one of these?

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

The first two dealers I called are going $500 below MSRP, the third played the "I only get two a year so I have to mark them up" game to the tune of $2500. Official quote I got was $63,925 for convertible with shaker pro, heated seats, and electronics package. That's pretty drat good for 662 hp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Powershift posted:

http://youtu.be/EU1ym8nUOUs

11.81@123mph on stock tires for the 2013 gt500.

Excluding the GT-R, has anything production that costs under 6 figures done it faster?