Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

Omegaslast posted:

Im aware of the magnuson moss warranty act. I guess i should have been more clear, i dont mean the entire warranty, i basically mean the engine, and possibly the transmission. They have to "prove" the ecu tune hosed something up yes but i cant see how that would be too difficult. "oh your transmissions busted? probably because of the ecu tune giving it too much power"

Flash back and hope for the best. From what I understand it's impossible to know that it was flashed as a re-flash looks the same a disconnected battery. The only annoying part is some intakes will cause codes to get thrown so you'll have to remove that too.

I've probably mentioned this before but I had a good friend who was a moderator on one of the WRX boards who had all sorts of bolt on junk and a custom tune. One day his engine blew up, so he put everything back to stock and thought he was ok. It looked like they were going to do the fix until one day they basically told him they wouldn't do the work under warranty. Turns on Suburu had done some research, found his car posted on the message board via the license plate and from there they were able to check his posting history. They showed him a detailed listing of all the modifications he made and pictures of him autox-ing the car and informed him that the work couldn't be done. They worked out a deal eventually but it cost him a lot more than free.

Lesson here is you'll probably be ok but be careful what you post on the internet if you ever want to get warranty work done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

scapulataf posted:

I remember that since it was followed by the usual linking at 5004567457 other car forums around the net. Wasn't it some internet detectives that tipped off the dealer?

I don't think we're talking about the same guy, his wasn't all over the internet as far as I know. I won't go into more details because of the internet detective factors but I'm reasonably sure he wasn't ratted out by anyone.

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

sw0cb posted:

If your going to put another manual in an S197, use a tremec 6060, you can buy it as a bolt in kit.

I've seen murmers of other guys on some less than awesome Mustang forums swapping the MT-82 for the 6060 because it seems as though the consensus is that the MT-82 won't ever be able to handle the horsepower that some guys are already starting to make even without blowers.

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

Omegaslast posted:

1. agreed. youre basically retarded if you buy a 2011 gt with anything but 3.73 ratio.

2. If i was buying a 2011 gt right now and didnt live next to a race track i would ditch the brembos, get stock wheel package, and immediately replace them with RTR wheels and some Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 tires.

If i did live next to a race track i would have to think about the fact that my tires would evaporate on the track... costing me $300-400 everytime i go there purely in tire wear.

I got the 3.55's and I'm not retarded. I have my reasons but after driving all 3, the difference in acceleration is imperceptible and 3.55 felt like a good compromise. 99.9% of this cars life will be on the street and it's impossible to hookup already on the 3.55s as is. The 3.73s are fine too.

Also, those RTR wheels are nearly triple the cost of checking the 19 inch wheel box at the dealership and you won't get the strut tower brace. Plus gray wheels look lovely on the best color(Kona Blue).

Also keep in mind that the Brembo brake package includes summer only tires, something to remember in January. You'll also need to keep in mind that the Brembo brakes require more clearance so aftermarket wheel choices become more limited. If you like the wheels it's worth it because it's not a lot more than the premium wheels anyway. Just about the *ONLY* reason to get brembos is if you go to the track. There's no extra stopping power they'll just resist fade a lot more than the stock brakes. If you're talking about tracking the car and trading in the brembo package for expensive wheels and hilariously specific tires, you already sound clueless.

Imperador do Brasil posted:

3.73 is a pretty mild rear axle really, especially with the 6-speed. In normal driving you won't need to rev above 2500rpm or so, and on the highway at 75 you'll only be turning about 1750rpm. It's a great combination of performance and livability.

You drive a 550 horsepower supercharged shelby, nothing on your car is mild. Also how did you get to that calculation. Maybe the shelby has a much deeper 6th but on my GT the motor will be spinning a lot faster than that at 75. If it weren't snowing in New England I'd go verify it myself :)

kronix fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Jan 21, 2011

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

Is that the same strut tower brace as the V6?

On another note, I'd really like it to stop snowing so the roads aren't salty and sandy so I can go out and play with my Mustang :(

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

Q_res posted:

This wouldn't surprise me at all, actually. The latest one I've heard though, is a stroked 5.8L Coyote with a TVS blower. Think, literally, 5.0:4.6::5.8:5.4 not sure how much stock I'm willing to put in that. On the other hand, this is the same person that told me the 5.0 would be 400+ hp back when Motor Trend was still predicting HP in the mid 300s.

I'd much rather have a twin turbo DI Coyote in whatever the next GT500 level car is but it's all speculation anyway.

When I bought my GT last October the dealer told me something interesting about the marketing situation for the Mustang. He told me, according to ford the 30+ demographic wanted V8s but the under 24 market was completely disinterested in hearing anything about V8's and what was most interesting was that the cutoff was so sharp.

Those under 24 year olds are within a few years of becoming Ford's target market for the upmarket Mustangs and they know it. It seems to me that Ford's marketing department has a whiff of an idea that the younger generation won't be looking at V8s at all. I suspect that you won't see the V8 go away for a quite a while but you'll be seeing a lot higher performance V6's coming down the pipe that nip a lot closer to the V8 than anyone is predicting.

You'll probably end up with a lineup something like

-Mustang value leader, V6 geared for gas millage with standard makeup case and cloth seats
-Mustang Pony Pack - What the V6 should've been before it got neutered
-Some new designation for a twin turbo V6, 400+ HP. I seriously hope it's something better than SVO
-GT with 450+ HP for about the same price

-Ludicrous 550+ HP model for the guys willing to spend 55k+ on a Mustang, I'm looking at Imperador :)

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

frozenphil posted:

I can't see Ford using anything other than the 6.2L simply due to how much racing R&D they put into that engine with Don Bowles and others. The drat thing just needs a stroker crank and rods to hit 7+ liters of displacement. Don's car was called 777 because it had 7 liters, made 700hp, and spun to 7k RPMs, all naturally aspirated and on E85. Take a look at the valvetrain in the 6.2. The thing is currently configured to be stable up to 8k RPMs and utilize direct injection.

I thought from the beginning Ford has said the Coyote is build for DI and ecoboost. It'd make sense if they used it at some point right?

Obviously you have a better track record than me but I can't believe we're in the era of 7 liter anything anymore outside of exotics and race cars. To me smaller, lighter, and boosted is the way we're hitting big power numbers from now on.

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

mcmagic posted:

Any of you guys have a Mustang as your only car in the northeast? How do you deal with snow?

You put snow tires and rims in your budget and you take your time. That's all you can really do.

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

frozenphil posted:

Here's what I'm saying regarding IRS in the Mustang in a nutshell. The average Mustang buyer is buying the v6. They want a sporty looking car that looks cool and is reliable, but above all, is cheap. They are never going to push their car hard enough on the street to find the limits of the solid axle. Adding an IRS to appease people who would never buy a Mustang anyway just raises the price for the majority of people who would buy a Mustang; likely turning them off of the car and toward the competition. It just doesn't make sense.

The other group of people who buy Mustangs with a v8 are vastly, vastly more likely to take their car to a drag strip than a road course. There isn't a single reason to use an IRS on the drag strip over a solid axle. None.

So tell me again, why in the world would Ford put a more expensive suspension in a car when the majority of potential owners aren't willing to pay the price premium for it, and the rest of the potential owners don't want it? I understand that magazine writers and people who feel the need to caress their dash to feel the supple plastic in their teutonic machines scoff at the idea of a live axle, but these people would never buy a Mustang in the first place. What does Ford have to gain by pandering to them?

This is how Ford made money 10 years ago, or didn't. At some point the selling poo poo to retards model doesn't work, ask Chrysler. Good cars all the way around is how Toyota and Honda sold tons of cars including sports cars. The Mustang GT went up $1,500 in 2011 with no updates other than the power train, there's no reason it can't go up $2,500 for the next refresh in 2014 and accomodate an IRS.

I respect your opinion a lot Phil but the IRS is the biggest improvement that Ford can make for the every day customer. The new Camaro should be proof enough that muscle guys will embrace an IRS when it works well enough. I think this generation of Mustang is the swan song of solid rears. They're great performers on the track but it's time to move on.

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

mcmagic posted:

I'm switching from a 4x4 to a mustang but my 4x4 is only worth like 2500. I'm thinking of keeping both for the snow but that seems wasteful haha.

A good set of snow tires, rims and TPMS sensors is going to run you $1500. Personally I'd keep the 4x4 and insure it as a low use vehicle.

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

oRenj9 posted:

I'm more pissed about the lack of Grabber Blue and the inability to buy a "clean" model. Why does the Boss need all those drat stickers? If you were trying to compete with the M3, wouldn't it make sense to have an option to make the car a little less gaudy?

Hell of a car though.

I'd honestly have a lot of reservations about driving one of these regularly. I'm sure people will hate me for saying this but I think while it looks ok for a track car, it looks really stupid for anything you might drive on the road regularly. I promise this will age terribly and in 10 years it'll look awful. There's nothing worse than a decal package on a 10 year old car, even if it's well kept.

The engineering behind it is really cool, the styling is god awful. I mean red wheels?

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

oRenj9 posted:

I'm more pissed about the lack of Grabber Blue and the inability to buy a "clean" model. Why does the Boss need all those drat stickers? If you were trying to compete with the M3, wouldn't it make sense to have an option to make the car a little less gaudy?

Hell of a car though.

Completely agree, I love the car but wouldn't be caught dead driving it on the street. I haven't liked the looks since the day it came out. Cars like this never age well and in 10 years this is going to look like like this http://www.c5registry.com/IndyPace/1998_indy.htm

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

frozenphil posted:

I know, right?

Now remove the fog lights but leave the holes in the grill so it looks like something is missing, throw on some awful looking wheels, steal the color scheme from some circa 1994 Air Jordan sneakers and go to town.

I want a sleeper version of that car with only giveaway being the side outlets and whatever they decide to throw behind the front wheel well instead of the "5.0" and I want it in grabber orange.

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

redscare posted:

I just drove a new Boss last night/this morning and holy balls its awesome. I seriously want one. This one had the optional Recaros, which are the most comfortable ones I've ever sat in, and that includes the money ones in the CTS-V. Shifter throw is super-short and the car sounds GREAT. The steering is my favorite part though, its almost telepathic.

And its like $45k.

Oh god I want to drive one so badly.

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

redscare posted:

The Shelby is faster in a straight line, the Boss turns better. The Boss is also $8k cheaper.

Until the dealer gets a hold of it and marks it up 10k. Let's hope we don't get a repeat of what happened with the GT500 when it first came out.

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

Autoblog just posted their first drive of the new Boss and they seem to love it.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/02/24/2012-ford-mustang-boss-302-laguna-seca-first-drive-review/

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

Offrampmotel posted:

I think that's the first picture of the BOSS that I've seen where the stripes and empty foglight spaces on the grill don't make it look cheesy.

I want to see the white one they're talking about. This car is really badass and my feelings of hate toward the look are slowly subsiding as I see how badass this car actually is.

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

Offrampmotel posted:

The white's actually not bad, either. Maybe it's just the black ones I don't like. I bought a black 5.0 last summer, and I wish I had bought any other color.

White and black together doesn't look as nutty as red and black or blue and white. I'm not gonna say the thing is tasteful but it looks pretty cool.

The worst part about black cars is they look so awesome when they're clean. After 10 minutes outside they're disgusting and make you hate black once again.

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

mcmagic posted:

I'm thinking of ordering a 2012 to make sure I get a config that I want but I'm worried that I'd have a better chance of getting a good deal if i'm going in there negotiating on a car thats in stock... Advice?

I'll give you my experience. When I ordered my GT I only wanted three things: the premium trim, 19 inch wheels, and 3.55 rear. 90% of the cars on dealer lots are stripper model V6's or ultra loaded premiums with MSRPs pushing 40k and a lot of automatics mixed in just to make things tougher. If either of those sound up your alley then yes, you can do it.

I spent months finding a car on the lot that I wanted and finally just went with the order, it took about 10 weeks but it was totally worth the wait. I even negotiated the price of my trade in advance as long as it came in with no new major damage. All in all, it was a very pleasant experience.

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

Throatwarbler posted:

Or maybe I just don't like TV shows that aggressively spread ignorance on a subject where many people would be well served to be better informed.

If I remember that episode correctly, they drive the first generation 2007 GT500, Clarkson goes lol dumb American oxcart suspension, and at the end they throw in a drive of a Roush version that does the same lap in the same time. They never mention exactly how the Roush suspension was different, I guess Roush puts in springs, dampers and a Watt's linkage, but now the internet meme is that the Roush had IRS.

You have to remember that Clarkson also mentioned that it'd be the car he'd drive if he were the type of guy who was attracted to his sister or something to that effect in that same segment. They almost never give American sports cars any credit.

That said, it'll be a really good test of the show to see what they think of the Boss, we'll probably find out this summer.

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

OrganizedEntropy posted:

What I enjoyed about that episode was how they dyno'd that particular GT500, found that it made less than 500 hp at the rear tires (no poo poo) and then spent the rest of the time making a big deal about how it 'wasn't actually' a GT500.

That was infuriating. I wasn't even a Mustang guy when I first saw that but it's annoying to start the segment making GBS threads on the car for making less that 500 horsepower without even a passing mention of the obvious. It's something they wouldn't do to European car.

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

kimbo305 posted:

From a sales perspective, I don't think the Boss was intended to compete against the M3. Using it is a benchmark might be great marketing bullet point, but ultimately, the Boss will be for Mustang collectors and people who can be upsold from the GT.

Putting together a vehicle with huge capabilities from the factory is a nice thing. You don't have to research how to modify the car, and you get to use it exactly as the engineers designed it. The Raptor is the same idea. Whether any significant portion of the owners will exercise the intended capabilities is secondary.

It's not, if it was it'd have an option for SYNC and the electronics stuff. It's a race car from the factory and most likely they're going to end up as garage queens and weekend warriors. It really has no pretensions of anything else. This isn't a car that anyone but the hardest of the hardcore(AI posters) is going to daily drive.

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

I just picked up the FRPP GT500 exhaust for my '11 GT. Found a guy online who claims he threw it on his car but it wasn't loud enough so I got a great price on it. I wanted the hushpowers but I heard they drone terribly. Anyone else running them?

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

A.o.D. posted:

Why yes, the sound of my exhaust note IS more important than your cell phone conversation.

And with convenient side pipes, you practically pipe noise right into their drives side window.

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

Offrampmotel posted:

Apparently there will be a TSB for the clutch and shifting problems on the '11. Looks like I'll be geting a new clutch soon.

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55642

My clutch has been getting really lovely lately and now when I first start I can't ever get into gear. 1-2 and 2-3 are getting more and more notchy...gently caress

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

kimbo305 posted:

You've only had it for like 4 months, right? How many miles?

Had it since the like the 4th of October. The clutch seems to get better as it warms up but it's been developing a very non progressive feel to it lately and 1-2 is *impossible* when the car is cold. It probably started some time in January but I chalked it up to cold weather issues. Now that it's been consistently warm-ish it's still happening. Car has about 3500 miles.

I guess I'll swing by the dealer tonight and let them know.

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

Presto posted:

A lot of people are having this issue or a similar one. My 1->2 shifts (and 2->3 to a lesser extent) started getting rough when the weather turned colder. Mine hasn't gotten any worse, but some people's have. There's another huge thread about it at http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-mustang-talk/268693-official-2011-mustang-manual-transmission-rough-shifting-thread.html.

In my case it basically feels and sounds like you're trying to change gear without the clutch pedal being fully pushed. Toward the end of that thread there's news that Ford may have a fix, but we shall see.

My own personal fix right now is the just skip shift right into 4th on a cold morning. I figure it can't be too awful right?

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

Just wanted to post that I threw on the GT500 mufflers this weekend with the nice weather and man do they sound good. I'm sort of an old man(27) and I like my neighbors so I didn't want to shake the house next door but these do a pretty good job without sounding ridiculous. There's definitely a new muscle sound and it doesn't sound mean like the 4.6 but it's good enough for me.

For $300 they're an awesome deal(I paid $150). It was between them and the flowmaster hushpowers but there's been a lot of complains lately about drone on another forum and for me that's a deal killer. If anyone's interested i can post a video but videos don't really do an exhaust justice.

What a pain in the rear end the install was though, there's not lot of room and there's no way I could see doing it without loosening the bolts under the h-pipe. I had to resort to looking up the corsa install guide to figure it out.

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

Killbot posted:

drat, that new GT500 had better come with some seriously wide tires if it has any hopes of putting that power down.

The ZR1 Corvette is completely well mannered and it's a much lighter car. Tuning, electronic throttle, and computer nannies make it a ton easier to be civil with big numbers these days. Not to even start with how sticky the street tires you can be these days are.

Before I bought my current Mustang I was afraid of it because I figured that much horsepower meant the back walking out all over the place and having to drive nervously every time the weather got bad but as long as I never disable traction control completely it's never a problem. I was showing a buddy from back home my new car about 2 weeks ago and I accidentally accelerated way too fast out of a toll road late and night and hit what was probably some oil, the back kicked 2 or 3 feet out but the car was straight before I could even fix it myself. If that were my old Camaro it would've been a lot more "fun".

Big power in modern cars is easy as long as you're willing to pay for gas.

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

kimbo305 posted:

I have no doubts that a stock-tune Ecoboost V6 could make better numbers than the 5.0 while still having sellable fuel economy. I just question if people would buy that. Inevitably, it would be a "for $X more, you can get a GT500" situation. So either it would have to be the GT500 (unlikely that they'd want to crank the power up that high) or be roughly the same price as the GT, which might rob GT sales and get them less margin.

I see no reason why they couldn't sell an ecoboosted V6 that makes more than 412 horsepower, say 450 and sell it at a premium. There's no reason to believe it'll be slotted in between the pony package and the GT because they're making it a premium option on their trucks already. They ecoboosted F150 costs more than the V8 because of fuel savings.

Better fuel economy and more performance. All the go of the GT but higher tech and better fuel economy and sell it at 40k MSRP and move it up market. Who wouldn't want a more refined mustang twin turbo V6 and 30+ MPG?

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

IOwnCalculus posted:

Mustang owners who want their V8 (the SVO was not exactly a hot seller in its day).

Yeah but if you check earlier in the thread, when I bought my GT I got some interesting insight from the sales guys. Ford had clearly done a lot of research saying the under 25 demographic was fiercely against owning a V8 and the 30+ demographic was fiercely against owning a V6 and the sales guys told me it was interesting because the numbers were so highly polarized. It looks as though Ford knows V8s are viewed as stone age technology these days but those drat kids and you bet that Ford isn't just looking at market research and just sitting around ignoring it.

At some point, when gas gets even more expensive, the V8 won't be able to compete. It's one of the reasons the RX-8 is on it's way out the door.

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

IOwnCalculus posted:

Fair enough, but the RX8 is out the door because its fuel consumption is so atrocious that it can't meet modern emission standards. On top of that low-for-a-V8 fuel economy, it doesn't even make enough power to keep up with Mazda's own turbo four cylinder, which also gets better mileage and has better reliability (sorry RADL). There's nothing more Mazda can really do to the 13B to make more power naturally aspirated and still stay emissions compliant, and we all know how well turbo rotaries do in daily life.

Agreed, the RX8 is kind of a weird example but it's definitely getting hurt by it's bad mileage. This years 15 mpg could be 20 mpg in 5 years. That's where my Mustang sites right now. With $5 a gallon looking realistic by this summer, who knows?

IOwnCalculus posted:

There's also the fact that of the under-25 demographic, while a lot of them may be all for buying a turbo V6 Mustang...how many of them can afford to? I don't see how Ford could possibly make the turbo V6 cheaper than the GT; I could see it slotting in somewhere between the GT and the Boss, but that's not going to be a price point you see many 20-25 year olds buying new.

Yeah but I'm talking next-gen Mustang which is 2014 at the very earliest. One would imagine that those under 25-ers are well into their careers with a little bit of money. I bought my GT when I turned 27.

I think I'm just hoping for a Mustang that I can drive when gas hits $7 and I'm not living near public transportation so 1000+ miles a month is more the norm..

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

TurboLuvah posted:

This is a naive way to look at 550+hp RWD car

Really? I'm not talking about anything other than wife drivability factor. These cars are easily drivable by people without a lot of experience driving high performance RWD cars and I'd let my fiance drive a CTS-V anytime. She drives my Mustang without issue and 10 years ago I would've laughed at you if you told me I'd let the girl I was with drive around my 400 horsepower mustang.

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

frozenphil posted:

Aw, man. See what happens when all this negativity gets brought in here? Everyone just chill and watch what happens when you stick a Procharger at 7psi on a Coyote 5.0.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agJqFAOoSHM&hd=1

10.68 @ 128

It looks like he's also running that new Boss intake manifold and 4.10's plus the standard exhaust stuff. There's a guy over on another forum who just installed the Boss intake manifold on a NA car but he hasn't posted numbers. As someone who's never going to boost my own car, I'm really interested to see what kind of NA numbers you can put up.

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

My Mustang was about 35k MSRP. Premium GT with 19 inch wheels and a 3.55 rear. I don't remember invoice but I remember I paid it +500 plus factory incentives which was 1500 *PLUS* if you ordered a Mustang brochure online and said you were looking to buy within 30 days they sent you a coupon for a $750 rebate. All in all I think I walked out paying about between 29 and 30k before tax and title.

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

mcmagic posted:

Ordered a 2012 V6 Premium today in Lava Red with the electronics pack. Is it 4-6 weeks already?

Great color and nice car, you'll love it. I waited 9 weeks(ordered late July, received early October) for my Mustang and the biggest variable is where you bought it. Smaller dealers have less allocations so it might be 4 weeks before you even get a VIN and a build date shortly after. Keep on top of the dealership.

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

frozenphil posted:

I'd also be willing to bet the dealer would switch out the leather seats for cloth at no charge.

This is truth, when I was shopping the dealership was willing to put leather in a base GT for me for like $900 when I told them I didn't want a base GT they had on the lot. As long as you don't get a crazy interior color I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem.

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

Omegaslast posted:

Pretty sure doing aftermarket in these cars is stupidly expensive. Just the replacement dash kit is like $300. gently caress that.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-2011-FORD-MUSTANG-RADIO-DASH-KIT-COMBO-99-5823CH-/140428571297?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b231f2a1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010...5fAudioQ5fVideo

shaker systems still suck huge amounts of dick though. Kind of screwed either way.

They also look terribly out of place. I wish there were a decent option for aftermarket systems but there's really nothing.

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

kimbo305 posted:

A local dealer is getting a single Laguna Seca in the summer, and they happily told me it's gonna have a $5k markup on MSRP.

That's surprisingly reasonable. I'll just leave this image right here (sorry you have to click, it's a table breaker)

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e376/birdman941/Stuff/IMG_0885.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

mcmagic posted:

Can't they just order one for you?

I doubt it. From what I understand, the most any dealership is going to get is 1 or 2 if they're really lucky and they're not going to waste their allocation selling it for sticker price if they think they can do better.

Or maybe they will, who knows.