Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

turnerburna
Jan 11, 2005
Cobra Commander
http://www.detnews.com/article/20100731/AUTO03/7310316/Why-a-$30-500-Ford-Mustang-beats-$150-000-European-sports-cars

Thought you guys might be interested in this article on the front page of the Detroit News today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turnerburna
Jan 11, 2005
Cobra Commander
I wonder if it would even be worth it for a 3v since you can get to 550hp with the stock bottom end and a supercharger.

turnerburna
Jan 11, 2005
Cobra Commander
It will probably happen since they already offer the alumninator

turnerburna
Jan 11, 2005
Cobra Commander
Anyone going to be at Mustang Alley Saturday? Ford is going to have the new BOSS 302 there. I can take pictures if anyone is interested.

turnerburna
Jan 11, 2005
Cobra Commander
I think we can all agree that the best Mustang was the 1969 Mach 1 m-code in Calypso Coral

turnerburna
Jan 11, 2005
Cobra Commander

Radiohead71 posted:

You have to take the mileage advertised from Ford with a ton of salt. For example, my 11 GT is averaging 16.8 mpg, not the 26 they advertise. It probably gets 26 mpg on they hwy at 45 mph behind a large semi truck. As long as you don't excect these mileage figures IRL you will be happy with the car.

in my 4.6l 3v manual I get anywhere from 25-27mpg on the freeway and 15-21mpg in the city depending on how I'm driving the car.

turnerburna
Jan 11, 2005
Cobra Commander

kalvick posted:

Pictures just don't do it justice. The car is lowered about 1.5" all around.
ugg - coil-overs are the only thing I can do to get a better drop :(

my S197 is lowered about 1.5" - what size wheels do you have? Mine are factory 18s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turnerburna
Jan 11, 2005
Cobra Commander

frozenphil posted:

Sent

I'm doing everything I can to fit one into my budget.

I would love to trade in my 08 and get one in competition orange