Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
The best aftermarket rims on a Mustang? Weld wheels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Bob Morales posted:

Until you hit even a small pothole.

There shouldn't be any potholes on the 1/4 mile dragstrip :911:

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Cavepimp posted:

The grabber blue didn't win me over until I saw one in person. The pics just don't quite do it justice.

I want one so bad...there's just no way I'll be able to afford one anytime soon.

I agree. The same goes with Leguna Seca blue. It tends to photograph poorly, but when you see it in person, it's simply amazing.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
For most people, 3.73's or 3.90's are more than enough for what they have. It just seems most people want "them big gears to make my car stand up when I stomp on the gas pedal".

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Tons of them. Too bad it isn't a factory option though. As many Mustangs as I've had, I can count on one hand how many times the back seats had ever seen passengers.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Can anyone recognize this rear-end? Came off a '67 Mustang my uncle is building.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNtbtU9yO9c&feature=related

Just thought I'd leave this here. Something about twin turbo'd Mustangs get me all kinds of flustered.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Evidently someone managed to get a set of wheels from the yet-to-be-released 2012 Boss Laguna Seca edition and put them up for sale on Ebay. Link: http://www.stangtv.com/news/2012-boss-laguna-seca-wheels-for-sale-before-vehicles-release/

I'm sorry, but if those wheels are legit, what were the designers at Ford thinking? "Hmmmm.... let's find the cheapest selling wheel we can find on the internet, paint them a horrible red, and then shave some of the metal off the front"?

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

MikeyTsi posted:

Why on earth would it be expensive to do? You just pop off the cover on your oxcart, pull out the old gears, install the new ones.

Don't forget about backlash. If you don't know what you're doing back there you could seriously mess something up.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Well, it looks like 8 new Boss 302's just bit the dust before they even got to a dealership. Out of those 8, 3 were Laguna Seca editions. Link

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

sigtrap posted:

Fixed.

You just added 10 horsepower to this thread with that massive weight reduction; but now what am I gonna put my pack of smokes in?

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Like the stripes; but I get this feeling that something isn't "right"... Maybe it's just because I'm not used to seeing orange on black stripes.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Raluek posted:

Didn't (as someone pointed out earlier in the thread) the first mustang come out in 1964 as a 1965 model year? Wouldn't that make MY2015 the 50th?

Technically, it was a '64 1/2

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Oh this is grand:

2014 Mustang stuff

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Yeah, it was sold as a '65, but most people refer to the early 1964 production models sold in 1964 as a 1964 1/2.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

frozenphil posted:

BBR has a basically bone stock (Magnaflow axle-back exhaust is the only mod) 2011 5.0 with the base Hellion 67mm turbo kit on the dyno.

553rwhp 603ft-lb at 9psi.
http://youtu.be/1ndKLc2rbxc

653rwhp 730ft-lb at 15 psi.
http://youtu.be/vux_vVOF4c8

Welcome to 2011, where you can run bottom 10s while getting 25+mpg for under $35k.

Edit: If you step up to the optional 76mm turbo and do a real fuel system you're looking at 800+rwhp.

Am I the first in thinking that this new Mustang is probably one of, if not the most, impressive Mustangs ever built stock from the factory? I mean think about it (and your right, phil)... What else will $35,000 get you, and you can have something that will outrun almost every car on the road? As well as retaining great gas mileage?

:golfclap: Ford

Devyl fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Jun 17, 2011

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Congrats on the GT500! One of these days I'll get one. one day... in colors that don't make my eyes bleed. Maybe it's just the lighting/not so good camera?

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
I stole this from the "you put WHAT on your car" thread:

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Don't feel too bad... EVERYONE gets lazy sometimes.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

frozenphil posted:

Mustangs have become GPUs.

And will be re-named the Ford "Bitcoin".

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

helloooooooooooooooooooooo 2013 Boss. 624 hp, quad exhaust, and Gotta Have It Green. :fap:

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Sorry to get everyones' hopes up. It's a '13 GT with the 2.9 supercharger to debut the new color, but rumor has it that this might be a package offering from Ford for a limited few new 302s (supercharger & all).

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Someone needs to get in touch with Nicholas Cage and see if he knows anything about this.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
What's killing me is the "fastback" look. It looks more like the rear end-end of a Prius.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

frozenphil posted:

Dumb.
I get wanting to be different and all, but that makes no sense.

Dumb? Yes. Fast? Oh yes...

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
It's been all the chatter lately in the American auto news: The 2013 GT500 will make 662 horsepower and 630 ft/lbs. of torque. All while keeping the same low, low price of around $55,000. In case you forgot, that is over 100 more horsepower than the ZL1 Camaro and 24 more than the ZR-1 corvette at half the price.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
So I haven't been too keen on the Boss 302's until now.

:swoon: That yellow, mmmmmmm...

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

A.o.D. posted:

18 new posts and no new mustang releases or photos of someone doing something awesomely irresponsible with their mustang. Just bitching back and forth about the shelby/svt badging. I am disappointed.

The Mustang performing its traditional mating dance ritual in their natural environment:

(Mustangs from '71 to '86 do not exist to me)

Devyl fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jul 4, 2012

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Twins are nice & all but from what I've seen, unless you really need to break 750-800 HP, single turbos are not only cheaper but more efficient.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Yeah, that would be great if the kit you posted worked that way, but it doesn't. What you're talking about is a sequential turbo setup in which a smaller turbo spools up and gets the bigger turbo ready. In this case you have a parallel turbo setup in which two turbos of the same size are used. The turbo lag can be even longer.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Locobono posted:

I'd decided a while ago that if I was gonna get a power adder it was going to be a turbo, just because hey turbo mustang something different. And I remember that my old turbo Z had some noticeable boost lag and that was with twins. Basically I was waiting for this kit and now I'm seeing if you can talk me out of it

Don't let us talk you out of it. Buy the twin kit and a supercharger and throw all three on.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
It's all about how fast you can get from 0 to 60 once that stoplight turns green.

But in all seriousness... as awesome as superchargers and turbos are, it's all about $$$. Sure you might be able to afford a sick twin turbo setup or a turbo/supercharger mix, but in the end you have to remember not only fuel costs but mechanical costs as well. First time you send a piston through the block, will you be able to afford a new one? Will you be able to afford and maintain that kind of power? Will you be able to afford keeping tires on the back? Will you be willing to tread ever-so-gently when it's pouring rain out? And if it's your daily, will you be able to keep up the frequent maintenance needed?

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
1 speed transmission is where it's at. I fully expect an all-electric version of the Mustang from Ford within the next 5-7 years.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Well, it's official: the 2015 will come with a 2.0 4 cylinder EcoBoost (currently used in the Focus ST) as an engine choice. The current 5.0 V8 is staying with the Mustang as well. Also, all 2015 models will now feature IRS.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Sources: 1, 2, 3

As for whether or not the V6 stays an option... In my opinion, if the EcoBoost delivers as promised, I can see the V6 staying as a mid-range model. Have the 4 cylinder as a cheap entry-level model, keep the V6 as a mid-range choice, and let the V8 stay on as the GT model.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
It's because of, like, the black smoke and stuff. Normal cars don't make smoke, but diesels do. So that means diesels are bad.

But seriously though, what's up with the newest thing being diesel builds? Seems everywhere I turn someone has built or is building a diesel for their car.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

kimbo305 posted:

If a manufacturer puts its mind to it, I'm sure it'll be fine. Aftermarket tuners can get ~300 from 2-2.5L, though obviously there isn't consistent durability data.

Don't forget, this is coming from the same company that gave us the 5.4 and the 6.0 diesel. With direct injection, turbocharging, and variable valve timing, those smaller engines can make some power; but I'd just wait until the first year or two are on the road before I would make a commitment.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
And, if it actually works as well as I'm hoping, the BRZ/FR-S will have a new challenger to battle it out with on the track.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

IOwnCalculus posted:

I'd drive that thing to work nearly every goddamn day. Dead serious.

You need an Atom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Krakkles posted:

So when I bought my '00 GT, I googled around (because I don't have the owner's manual), and it seemed 87 was the octane to use. I switched to 89 the other day because I noticed some definite pinging under hard acceleration. It seems to be gone now.

Is 87 the actual recommendation from Ford (as claimed by most of the sites I found via google), or have I been slowly destroying the love of my life over the last 5 months? Is 89 sufficient for the car?

For 2000, 87 was the recommended grade for fuel. Unless you've got modifications, 87 should still be sufficient. If you're getting some pinging, when was the last time you checked your plugs?