Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Fizzlebottom
May 3, 2005

I will show you wonderful, terrible things
I've seen nothing but newer cars so far. What about the old guys?

I own a 68 Fastback.

*not mine

I bought it in 1997 for $3300. It ran, but was nowhere near roadworthy condition. The car was all original except for the paint. It came with a 289 (non HiPo) & C4. Original color was Acapulco Blue. Pretty much everything needed a lot of goddamn work.

Fast-forward several years, I handed it over to a guy who has been doing nothing but restoring classic Mustangs for 25 years. We ripped the motor and began the rebuild. I'm keeping the 289, but changing all internal components (solid cam, pistons, heads, etc.). That'll go through some sort of 5-speed trans instead of the C4, then a nice new rear end. I have no idea what the power will be like in the end, but I'm hoping for a solid 350hp to the wheels.

Paint will go back to the original color and interior will be stock with a decent stereo.

The whole venture has cost around $15,000 so far including the initial cost of the car. It'll probably put me back another $20,000 before its done.

My absolute favorite mustang of all time is this guy.

It is a 68 Shelby GT500KR Convertible. With only 318 ever made, I doubt I'll see one in my hands though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU