Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AtomicBomber
Aug 13, 2005

oink
Anyone know how long builds are taking on the new GT's?
I cant flippin wait! I will go out of my mind if I watch the summer go by without this car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomicBomber
Aug 13, 2005

oink
Yay!

Just came in yesterday. Drove it home in the rain so I didnt really have a chance to let it trot yet.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

AtomicBomber
Aug 13, 2005

oink

kronix posted:

Are those the 19 inchers?

PS: You aren't in mass are you? That rain is the reason I didn't bother to go get it yesterday.

Yep those are the 19's. I think they look great ... much better than the 18's, as there is a pretty sizeable gap in the wheelwell.

I am in Canada, and it has been raining here too. Had her out today though and holy hell this thing has TORQUE to spare. Really takes my breath away when I punch it.

Definately my favourite car I have ever owned.

AtomicBomber
Aug 13, 2005

oink

sliderule posted:

Speaking of which, can anyone recommend a tuner near Toronto that can fix the lovely stock tuning of my auto?

DaSilva racing is pretty much the go-to shop for most people in and around TO - they are just east in Pickering... corrected.
Joe Dasilva is pretty well known on the drag circuit and knows our cars really really well... thats all he does. I am getting an Eibach Pro kit and some GT500 mufflers put on by him in about a week, as a matter of fact. It shames me that I am not doing it myself, but I just moved and my shop is not set up yet.... also I hate doing springs :)

http://mustangtoystore.com/ws/

AtomicBomber fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Mar 17, 2011

AtomicBomber
Aug 13, 2005

oink

frozenphil posted:

Idle lope tunes

This just sounds so great. I just cant bring myself to do it because it "feels" like it would be bad for the car to me....

AtomicBomber
Aug 13, 2005

oink

CombatWombat posted:

I said they should name it the Mare package.

How about "The Clydesdale".
I agree convertibles are for girls.

AtomicBomber
Aug 13, 2005

oink

kalvick posted:

I have no Idea as I have never messed with the heater core, but instead of fixing it, can you just bypass it all together?

I did this on my 88 LX 5.0. I simply used a couple of plumbing joiners and a U shaped hose to connect the two hoses where the enter and exit the firewall. Did the trick nicely.

Of course this was a summer only car... so...

AtomicBomber
Aug 13, 2005

oink

Diseased Yak posted:

Well, I done done it,

Beauty car! There are really only two colors I like the CS package in, Ingot silver and black... looks great!

How do you like the Auto? I have a mt-82, which so far has no issues. I heard the Auto is great especially with a tune.

AtomicBomber
Aug 13, 2005

oink

Bandire posted:

All 19" options should have it, Brembo package included. I want to say all convertibles have it too, but I'm not 100% on that.

This is correct. Mine has the 19" 5 spokes and I have the strut brace. Also my buddies convertible has one.

AtomicBomber
Aug 13, 2005

oink

frozenphil posted:

There was also the whole "post the problem on every message board making it seem like a bigger issue than it was" thing going on. Same thing that's currently happening with the #8 bullshit.

There is a guy named "Jmatero" that's responsible for like 90% of this stuff... he is on every message board (even VW and Acura forums?) with post after post. Its a religious crusade to have the Mustang stop being produced I think for him.

AtomicBomber
Aug 13, 2005

oink

ratbert90 posted:

That paint :psyduck: Why isn't the car painted orange to match the peel?

How is that acceptable from the factory? :smith:

Why is everyone talking about fuckin "orange peel" these days, as if it isnt on almost every single car?
Its not exclusive to <$40k cars either ... here suck on this:

AtomicBomber fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Nov 8, 2011

AtomicBomber
Aug 13, 2005

oink
Speaking of quality control, Ford has released a response to the MT82 investigation.
I shamelessly ripped this from another forum, but here is the important part:

"As a result of Ford's monitoring of these customer concerns, observations by dealer service personnel and Fords Field service personnel, and vehicle inpections we have concluded that the reports generally relate to customer unfamiliarity with the performance style shifter with its nerrow gates, the skip-shift feature, vehicle modifications, and vehicle abuse." (2nd page 2nd paragraph)

Pretty much my personal experience with the MT82 as well... once I got used to the close gates, everything was smoooooth.

They also actually mention forum hype as a factor in the amount of problem reports.
I am glad they finally decided to defend themselves after taking it up the rear end for so long.

God I hate the mustang community sometimes.

AtomicBomber
Aug 13, 2005

oink

kronix posted:

What the gently caress does this even mean? What do narrow gates have to do with anything?

My GT is notchy going 2->3 when it's cold and sometimes on hard shifts it'll grind a little. It's got 8k miles. It's not un-liveable so I don't complain but drat.

But drat what?

It the gently caress means that some-not all- people are missing shifts or perceiving that they are getting locked out of gears because they dont know how to shift this particular transmission properly. They are hitting in between gates and think they are getting locked out of gear.

As I said, I thought mine was notchy till I learned to shift more passively instead of trying to force the transmission to go where I thought 3rd should be. I was probably trying to jam the shifter between 3rd and 5th. I nudge it and let the guidesprings handle dropping the shifter into the gate, and since then no problem.

Sorry if your experience was different, but it probably explains quite a few of the complaints going on.

PS - I have had 2 cars before this with 5 speeds, one of them a fox 5.0, and neither of the shifters was anything like this one.

AtomicBomber fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Nov 10, 2011

AtomicBomber
Aug 13, 2005

oink

kronix posted:

This is what I want as soon as my wedding is over. It's a lot on the expensive side though.

http://www.fordracingpartsdirect.com/2005_2012_MUSTANG_GT_COUPE_HANDLING_PACK_p/m-fr3-mgta.htm

Edit: You'll notice the panhard bar under "customers who bought this also bought..." section

I was looking at the Eibach Pro kit, but I was warned off by some people.
They said it made the handling kinda wonky. I am looking at the package above as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomicBomber
Aug 13, 2005

oink

Q_res posted:

What? A 90-93 LX Notch is the best looking Fox-body Stang next to an SVO, I don't know how you can be so wrong about this... :mad:

Not to be nitpicky, but that body style goes back to '87.
I love those, but for some reason I hate the way the SVO looks... would love to own one though.