Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

I know how much you like ponies so I got you a ponies avatar bro

frozenphil posted:

Surprising no one, the BOSS 302 has been confirmed:

...on May 20th

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

frozenphil posted:

The 5.0 Mustang King of the Street competition is a competition for street cars making serious power. They are judged on appearance, drivability, dyno numbers, and quarter mile times, with extra weight given to the drivability and dyno number categories. Here's a little video of the dyno portion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAFXrVumCkE&hd=1

I like how the ceiling panels get blown upwards on the 2nd cars dyno run.

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

Put snow tires on it and slow the gently caress down

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

iwentdoodie posted:

That it has a SRA still.

"We can't tell, but it still makes us mad:argh:"

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

Elephanthead posted:

Chevrolet sold 8,964 Camaros in March compared with Ford moving 8,557 Mustangs. For the first three months of the year, the score is 19,972 Camaros to 15,419 Mustangs. Last year, the two were neck-and-neck some months and Ford is justifiably proud of Mustang, so it's interesting that Camaro is pulling so far ahead.

These numbers are for 2011. Old people like bow ties.

it's not really a fair comparison, the new mustang has essentially been out for 5-6 years now and the camaro is the hot new kid on the block, of course it's going to outsell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

kimbo305 posted:

That argument seems flawed. The new body style went on sale about the same time that the Camaro returned. And then the 5.0 came out. There's no reason the Camaro can reasonably considered the new kid on the block. I think the numbers simply show that there are a lot of Camaro fans out there. Either who like the design, love Camaros, or are diehard bowtie partisans.

But the new body style is a streamlining of the earlier one, it's not going to look that new and exciting to a non-car person. The Camaro is a complete redesign however.