Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Huggable Bear King
Jan 12, 2006
H.B.K.
I test drove a 2008 Bullitt and it was easily the coolest car I've ever driven. I know it's just a dressed up(down?) GT but the gimmick works. I really wish I had been able to buy it but i really couldn't afford a new car at the time. I'll probably end up picking one up on the used market for way too much money in a few years...or just wait until ford makes another one :cool:

edit:
I also had a white 95 V6 5-speed Mustang when I was 18. it wasn't fast but It was a fun car, until I cut off a Dodge Durango and totaled it :( I still miss that thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huggable Bear King
Jan 12, 2006
H.B.K.

kimbo305 posted:

If you really like the look, why don't you tone down a regular GT (and add on some wheels that'll give frozenphil a stroke)? Is it the color?

yeah you can't get a GT in Highland Green, the gauges have a 60's mustang font, the seats are ribbed and there's an aluminum peice on the dash and a fancy shifter knob. I mean 95% of the car is superficial cosmetic changes, I'm pretty sure the only real performance difference is the exhaust and suspension. I still want one though.

Huggable Bear King
Jan 12, 2006
H.B.K.

Wanderer89 posted:

Verch101, guy with the '49 Ford F-1 project, has one... and it has completely changed my perception of Mustangs. If you have any questions about 'em I'll have him look on here. I absolutely love his car, but it doesn't stop five-oh envy for the 2011's from either of us, as quite a few bits and pieces from the Bullitt made it onto the 2010 I think (obviously not the motor).

Click here for the full 1536x864 image.

On a side note, his previous car was a New Edge '99 V6, auto, though.

e: it is a dressed up GT, not much though, but very nicely done. Intake/exhaust/suspension/tune, and largest change probably being a 3.73 rear gear. But overall it's wonderfully sleek and stealth package, no front fog lights like the gt, nor pony badge on the grill as that press photo shows, only ponies on the car are on the rims, and one more on the sun visor tint inside.

That's a Sweet ride! Bullitt or not I really like how clean the new Mustangs look when you don't have a bunch of plastic appearance crap bolted on. I'm not a fan of the GT fog lights specifically. I wish ford would go back to offering stripper mustangs with V8's like the LX's they used to sell when the fox-bodies were around. But I guess there's not any money in that.

Huggable Bear King
Jan 12, 2006
H.B.K.
Anybody who pays $400 for a carbon fiber mirror cover and $200 for emblems should really just be peed on.

Huggable Bear King
Jan 12, 2006
H.B.K.

VibrioCholera posted:

Some of you may remember my post from the bottom of page 3 about my '96 Cobra that I took to Anderson Ford. Well, it's still there, but it runs now.

Here's a recap of some of the car (more has been done, well, purchased waiting for its return home...)

Danny called the other day excited. Their lead guy went out with stomach surgery half a year ago and that set them back on getting to cars apparently. They've played with it here and there and finally figured out the stock ignition on the car is not handling all that boost. It doesn't kick in until 4500RPM or so. MSD box on order. He also said the 60# injectors were enough so they're going to swap them to 85# LI injectors as well.

The good news was it idles and runs. In its current state its making no horsepower but it still sure does sound pretty. He was pretty excited to show up and asked my father if we wanted a video of it online. Of course he said yes. I watched it like 10 times. He said he didn't want to push it too far but said it'll do every bit of 7,000RPM.

Here's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyReg61CgkU

edit: I have a full brand new in the box Holley nitrous kit (probably not doing this...) in the box sitting in my basement with a bunch of other parts. Probably going to take the mufflers off too. Useless.

That is so loving badass! This really makes me miss my 95 :(