Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

SadisTech posted:

So hang on, it looks like the lego.com site only allows 12 minifigure blind boxes purchased per series with no time limits. I guess they want to foster the secondary market to collect the full set?

No. They are just being lame. By now they know that people want full sets but they think those people will just keep buying individual packs rather than full sets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lavender Spliffs
Nov 12, 2023

I bought full display boxes for the mario blind bags they did. I always got 2-3 complete sets.

Protip if any of you are in canada, chapters/indigo sells Lego, and has no limit on CMFs. I just make sure to order it the right quantity of singles, and they will ship a full sealed display box.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Or just buy the full set on Ebay. If you preorder, you can often get them for basically the retail price. If you wait a few months, you may be able to get for below retail.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I read somewhere that the next batch will have codes printed on them that indicate which is which.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

For the space ones, I found a Ebay seller who did a complete set of 12 for like £48, which is only a few quid more than retail. I wish listed it, thinking I'd come back and then they sent me an offer of £42.23 for the set, which is practically retail price. I bought it immediately.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
New Dreamzz sets leaks...
https://www.reddit.com/gallery/1bztd26

The raven is pretty cool.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
Oops, accidentally bought the lion knights castle :D

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
That Knight mech lookin more than a little Patlabor imo

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

mitochondritom posted:

For the space ones, I found a Ebay seller who did a complete set of 12 for like £48, which is only a few quid more than retail. I wish listed it, thinking I'd come back and then they sent me an offer of £42.23 for the set, which is practically retail price. I bought it immediately.

There’s a couple I like (I like the 3-arm dude for the third arm, I could use that for my The Thing diorama using the Arctic sets) but the one I’m actually most excited for is the basic astronaut with the EVA pack.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

deoju posted:

New Dreamzz sets leaks...
https://www.reddit.com/gallery/1bztd26

The raven is pretty cool.

Baba Yaga but instead of a house on bird legs it’s just house on bird

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Yaga Baba?

Now I feel like I'm in the American Dad! thread

Turkson
Mar 30, 2011

Solemn Sloth posted:

Baba Yaga but instead of a house on bird legs it’s just house on bird

There are more pictures floating around the internet. The house has bird legs too!

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Solemn Sloth posted:

Baba Yaga but instead of a house on bird legs it’s just a minifig in a slick suit with a speed champions mustang

Now you got my attention

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I was looking for AFOL subreddits and using "adult lego," as the search term and it lead me to some places I did not expect.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Creature posted:

Oops, accidentally bought the lion knights castle :D

If only all our mistakes could be so excellent.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

deoju posted:

I was looking for AFOL subreddits and using "adult lego," as the search term and it lead me to some places I did not expect.

If only all our mistakes could be so excellent.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Have had the new Tie Bomber for awhile and it’s small size and lack of detail made me wanna do something weird with it

So browsing variants and this caught my eye

So just built that in like 10 minutes and was like “I can make this weirder, what if Imperial B-Wing?”

So I inverted and redid the panels, moved the engines to the wings, added an ion cannon on pilot side concussion missiles in the other, filled out the solar more, rear of the pilot pod holds the energy bank so added linkage to the gun pod and added a cooling section to the rear of the gun pod

Original was a let down so might as well mess with it

Still not happy with the main gun

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Apr 11, 2024

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Make the gonk Droid the pilot.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
With a big aiming reticle that levered out in front of the cockpit you could have like a TIE Sniper

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Scarier then a sniper, a ship that could get close to a capital ship with its Ion cannon and hit it with a few turbo laser blasts up close

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Or do a TIE Stuka, the way the bombs are positioned already lends itself to it

Saithir
Jul 10, 2022

Phy posted:

That Knight mech lookin more than a little Patlabor imo

The original z-blob mech has a patlabor-ish (with kinda shorter ears though) helmet as an alternate build too, so might not a coincidence.

The raven is cool too, but I'm disappointed how they managed to make a dream t-rex boring.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

deoju posted:

Make the gonk Droid the pilot.

Gonk.

E: Green Gonk is cooler tho

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Hell yeah.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Minifig series 26 is hitting store shelves in the US, got a space nanny, QR code scanned 6484923. I might pick up another one tomorrow, I really only want the M-Tron, Blacktron, and Ice Planet ones though. This was at a meijer for those in the midwest.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Gorgolflox posted:

I might pick up another one tomorrow, I really only want the M-Tron, Blacktron, and Ice Planet ones though.

Same.

deoju fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Apr 11, 2024

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

Gorgolflox posted:

I really only want the M-Tron, Blacktron, a million space babies and Ice Planet ones though.

Same

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
I want the French bulldog

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Is bricklink still the best/cheapest way to buy stuff for a moc? I saw a watch charger I would like to make but have not made a moc since covid I believe and do not know if I am missing the new hotness somewhere?

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Here's my review of the new mini Millennium Falcon.

Looks better than the old one.

Except for this spot.

There are some spots with weak connections. These things flap in the breeze, and the blue tube representing the thrusters popped off too easily.

This is the assembly I didn't like at all. The circled clip and the circled bar clip together and that's the only thing really holding it on.

I would straight up call this step unacceptable. The circled blue plate rubs against the circled blue technic ball in, and the circled red bar nestles into the circled red notch in the wedge plate. They had to know that this was too weak.

The set has some fun techniques. I was enjoying the build, but the thing exploded in the last assemblies and was frustrating to reassemble.

Looks cool, not robust enough to swoosh. Frustrating build at times.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That spot seems hard as hell to accomplish with Lego. Even on the UCS one it looks pretty weird.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
It’s flimsy but it has a pretty good stand at least

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
Decided to embark on building the new Technic Space VTOL and holy crap, stickers... that's an approx A4 sized sheet of them with a second smaller sheet.

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

It made me sad when I started building mine yesterday. It feels super flimsy too and creased easily.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
drat that's a nasty sticker sheet. I've been mildly annoyed with the stickers used in the UCS Razorcrest (just print em dangit), but some of those are absurdly big.

Also:

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

BaconCopter posted:

drat that's a nasty sticker sheet. I've been mildly annoyed with the stickers used in the UCS Razorcrest (just print em dangit), but some of those are absurdly big.

Also:

Jesus. Of all the ways to make a round cockpit Lego always chooses the worst.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

PriorMarcus posted:

Jesus. Of all the ways to make a round cockpit Lego always chooses the worst.

I guess we know now why they waited so long to show it.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
That’s… huh. Why wouldn’t you just do it similarly to the UCS TIE? Surely the interceptor doesn’t look that different

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I think it looks better from other angles and irl

still not immediately sold on it but maybe it'll grow on me like the X-Wing

GWP:

New droideka set announced:

New podracing diorama:

I think this one is nice and I like the angles and scenery but I've resisted the dioramas so far so I don't think I'll be taking the plunge.

They're going all-in on Phantom Menace huh? There's also a new brickheadz lineup of like 6 characters on top of the recent sith interceptor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
It’s the 25th anniversary of TPM’s release