Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Borsche69 posted:

i am really glad they brought back midi ships. the tantive is overpriced and the cockpit is a little underscaled, and i'm not a prequel guy so the invisible hand does nothing for me (i only found out recently that its general badman's capital ship) but its a great line. i REALLY hope they redo that medical frigate that was a convention only thing

Whereas my hope is that they re-do the midi-scale ISD (set 8099) from 2010 with a better technique.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Whereas my hope is that they re-do the midi-scale ISD (set 8099) from 2010 with a better technique.

while we're wishing for the impossible, an attempt at a mon calamari cruiser would be cool

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Borsche69 posted:

while we're wishing for the impossible, an attempt at a mon calamari cruiser would be cool

Impossible?
They just redid the falcon!
And unlike an mc80 there's a lot fewer curves

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

lol I bet they redo the old midi ISD next year. I'm sure someone's working on it by now.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
With Carbs on hiatus, no one is around to extol the virtues of speed champions so I'll say:

The McLaren F1 was a real cool build. Not like the Solus, but still fun. I just started on the Mustang Dark Horse and it's freaking amazing after 2 bags. If the last two bags are as good as the first two, this build will be goated. Just a fantastic build so far.

Upon reflection, it seems that the 18+ cars (speed champs is sorta 18+) are consistently among the most interesting builds, year after year.

Also, they don't normally do two blocks of speed champs in the same year, right?

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Borsche69 posted:

Here’s my goofball attempt, had another front bridge and a bridge under it but the 3 year old lost em somewhere

Mon Cal Interdictor/Carrier

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 03:54 on May 4, 2024

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I'd buy that.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

I've never been a huge fan of the Mon Cal ships, but they do have something in spades that keeps me from buying the refreshed UCS ISD - I want the damned thing to look war-used with differently-shaded armor colors, and the MC80s definitely have that quality to them.

Every large-scale ISD they've made looks "fresh from the yard" and it just feels boring.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I've never been a huge fan of the Mon Cal ships, but they do have something in spades that keeps me from buying the refreshed UCS ISD - I want the damned thing to look war-used with differently-shaded armor colors, and the MC80s definitely have that quality to them.

Every large-scale ISD they've made looks "fresh from the yard" and it just feels boring.

I tried switching out some white for light grey and sand blue on one I made, but yeah I should add some sand brown/ tan peaking out here and there. Made it from whatever rounded white pieces I had in the bin haha.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Sorta in that vein, if they ever did a "UCS" large scale Death Star, I'd hope it was the 2nd under construction Death Star.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

a sexual elk posted:

I tried switching out some white for light grey and sand blue on one I made, but yeah I should add some sand brown/ tan peaking out here and there. Made it from whatever rounded white pieces I had in the bin haha.

Get some old grey from classic space sets, they look fantastically worn up against the modern bluish grey. Smaller part selection though.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

mutata posted:

Sorta in that vein, if they ever did a "UCS" large scale Death Star, I'd hope it was the 2nd under construction Death Star.

Something bigger than 10143?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

duz posted:

Something bigger than 10143?

Oh, hmm. Eh, that one's pretty cool, I suppose. Yeah, basically like that, good job, Lego.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Borsche69 posted:

yup. no two ways around it. you are loving hosed. post like these are like when someone would wander into TCC and say 'so i started microdosing and its fantastic. does anyone know where i can get this poo poo in larger quantities?'

Listen I’m not posting in TCC these days but that could be me and I’m already in this loving thread and the knife thread

I should just bite the bullet and buy a horse and be king of the bad with money thread

:glomp:

Dogen fucked around with this message at 05:51 on May 4, 2024

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Hahah I’ll gently caress around with it, good thing cause I ran out of ideas with current shelf rotation. The Tie Droid idea just came outta nowhere. Surprised it came out so well/so quick while having some serious early issues

Only problem is my Mon Cal is a solid brick of plastic, someone breaks in I’m using the thing as a club. Gonna be a pain getting it apart again.

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 04:51 on May 4, 2024

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Sorry bit buzzed but Veni Veni Veni, if there’s sets you really wanna get rid of for space but aren’t worth the trouble of selling I’ll gladly pay for shipping if you wanna donate to my war chest haha. I’m getting thin on regular rear end pieces and you know I’ll do fun stuff with em. This goes to anyone over flowing with bricks. To me the fun is making things with you got. Ideas and hours of trial and error

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Hopefully we get a decent model of the Chimera at some point.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Hopefully we get a decent model of the Chimera at some point.

I’ve tried building that so many times in my head, only way it could work is painting it like a model

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

a sexual elk posted:

I’ve tried building that so many times in my head, only way it could work is painting it like a model

The most worrisome thing is that Lego's on a BIG sticker kick at present, and I wouldn't put it past them.

I mean, something like this would make my wallet jump out of my pocket (it's one of those metal models, but it illustrates what I want):

Break up the monotony with some darker and lighter grays, ffs.

I passed on 10221 because it was all the same damned color up top, and jumped at the midi-scale Executor because it 1) was less expensive, and 2) had more than one gray tone.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 05:53 on May 4, 2024

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Woooooof

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Bring back STAMP

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The most worrisome thing is that Lego's on a BIG sticker kick at present, and I wouldn't put it past them.

I mean, something like this would make my wallet jump out of my pocket (it's one of those metal models, but it illustrates what I want):

Break up the monotony with some darker and lighter grays, ffs.

I passed on 10221 because it was all the same damned color up top, and jumped at the midi-scale Executor because it 1) was less expensive, and 2) had more than one gray tone.

No bin of extra parts?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

I forgot I said I'd post group shots of my mocs. been trying to make stuff weekly of varying complexity

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

New version of the Detolf shelf I see. How adjustable are the shelves if I had unlimited clips?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

obi_ant posted:

New version of the Detolf shelf I see. How adjustable are the shelves if I had unlimited clips?

it is and you can pretty much setup up however you want. I'll re-adjust those depending on what's in there

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

The kintsugi version of the Chimera from Ahsoka is the one I really want to see.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Waltzing Along posted:

With Carbs on hiatus, no one is around to extol the virtues of speed champions so I'll say:

The McLaren F1 was a real cool build. Not like the Solus, but still fun. I just started on the Mustang Dark Horse and it's freaking amazing after 2 bags. If the last two bags are as good as the first two, this build will be goated. Just a fantastic build so far.

Upon reflection, it seems that the 18+ cars (speed champs is sorta 18+) are consistently among the most interesting builds, year after year.

Also, they don't normally do two blocks of speed champs in the same year, right?

I really liked the rear end of the Dark Horse but the lights in front seemed a bit fragile.

All in all, good build. Also agree with the SC McLaren. Very cool

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

a sexual elk posted:

Sorry bit buzzed but Veni Veni Veni, if there’s sets you really wanna get rid of for space but aren’t worth the trouble of selling I’ll gladly pay for shipping if you wanna donate to my war chest haha. I’m getting thin on regular rear end pieces and you know I’ll do fun stuff with em. This goes to anyone over flowing with bricks. To me the fun is making things with you got. Ideas and hours of trial and error

cool moc advice i saw was basically along the lines of 'hey you know those sets you have on display that you dont really care that much about? thats lego too! crazy huh? why dont part it out and make something else with it or combine it with another set you're displaying and not super attached to'

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

although i can understand if someone finds disassembling sets to be tedious. when i did it before a move, it was kinda relaxing right up until i got to the statue of liberty and remembered they had you stack like eight 1x1 plates on top of eachother

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Disassembly is much much faster than building. If you aren't sorting by bag, you can fly through it really easily. That's assuming you know how to use a separator.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Borsche69 posted:

cool moc advice i saw was basically along the lines of 'hey you know those sets you have on display that you dont really care that much about? thats lego too! crazy huh? why dont part it out and make something else with it or combine it with another set you're displaying and not super attached to'

absolutely, when I rotate things off the shelf they get disassembled and sorted

it also helps to remind myself to look at the building techniques as I'm going through the process. gives me ideas for new mocs

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

Disassembly is much much faster than building. If you aren't sorting by bag, you can fly through it really easily. That's assuming you know how to use a separator.
All you really need to do to disassemble lego super fast and easy is own a cat. :hmmyes:

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!

Her transparent chainsaw is regular orange and not neon orange!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The neon orange probably has some toxic chemical in it that you can't use anymore, just like everything cool from the 90s.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Or lego ran out of bins

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Build more using the extra LEGO

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

HootTheOwl posted:

Impossible?
They just redid the falcon!
And unlike an mc80 there's a lot fewer curves

its gonna be interesting if they pull a r2d2 but apparently a regular, but smaller scale ISD just got revealed:

https://jaysbrickblog.com/news/cal-kestis-debuts-as-a-lego-minifigure-in-75394-imperial-star-destroyer/

1555 pieces, 170 dolalrs

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

i guess kinda on the scale of the current playscale falcon

Dogen
May 5, 2002

I mean it’s way smaller scale than the falcon (or, larger scale in number of pieces I think) but I do have the last iteration of that set and like it quite a bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

The new ISD fills the same playscale role in the lineup as the previous Star Destroyers and as the Light Cruiser (all roughly 1.5k pieces, 150 USD, 6 minifgures). It just looks small on the box for some reason.