Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Baruch Obamawitz posted:

I took InfinEight's thing and changed it slightly. I need a little more vertical travel than the 4-high antennas he used, so I used technic axles:

Click here for the full 1689x1067 image.

That will definitely stay elevated. Not sure how easy it will be to move the platform with all four axles in place though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Mascot posted:

Just noticed that the thread title is using the inappropriate plural for LEGO...wasn't it correct awhile ago?

It was.

Carbohydrates posted this thread with its first title, someone (a mod, presumably) changed it to "The LEGO Thread: Something AFOL" and then someone (else?) slipped the extra S in sometime later.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

Joudas posted:

Bricktionary sounds like it might actually be a book about bricks, creationary actually sounds like a board game.

Creationary sounds like a Creationist Dictionary.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

Bophf posted:

If anyone wants the other set, or just separate minifigures, I'll be happy to trade em or sell them for what I paid: $2.99 each. I don't want to be like the jerks on eBay trying to get $6 in profit off of one rare minifigure. If there's no takers, we'll just be happy making bizarre scenes where pop stars, ring masters and pharaohs co-exist peacefully.

If you don't get any takers of a more local nature, would you be willing to ship a complete set of series 2 to the UK? :)

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

Bophf posted:

Sure! I'm sending packages to Leicester and Newcastle this week anyway (studied in Durham for 2 years, now my friends want American candy all the time) so why not, eh?

Drop me a line at ...Edit: Nothing to see here, spambots!

Umbra Dubium fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Sep 28, 2010

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

cheese-cube posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > The DUPLO Thread: Something AFOD

Nice thread name change :)

I was about to ask what the hell just happened.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

May Contain Nuts posted:

Would it have been racist to make the rapper black?

I see where you're coming from, but minifigs don't really have races.

Echoing the lust for Blacktron, but I also want that Fisherman's beard! How is it attached?

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

Jesus christ, those nunchuk handles. Those are some truly awesome bits.

edit: OH gently caress, are the legs on this guy just a clip with a straight rod sticking out that you push into the feet parts, or all one piece? Former would be UNBELIEVABLE, the latter would be horrible.

Click here for the full 1254x1404 image.

hell, that whole figure is amazing.

I can't imagine how the leg would be welded to the boot if they were considered just one part.

Unless someone can come up with an example of two different coloured pieces being irrevocably joined together, I think they have to be separate.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

Gravy Jones posted:

Part of the reason is that I don't move it because I wouldn't be able to change the title any more.

Aha!

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

Gravy Jones posted:

Not sure if this is of interest to anyone but someone on Ebay is selling all 4 Heroica sets plus the carry case for £25 + £10 postage. Used but like new with boxes and everything.

I saw that one.

I looked at the carry case, but apparently it won't hold all the pieces if you have all four sets.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

InsanityRocks posted:

I do enjoy free sun Lego sets, today's tie fighter was a perticularly entertaining little build, here is my final list of what I have to trade from the extras I've picked up, no thanks to the new toys are us nazi like one bag per person policy

2 x batman jetski
2 x batmobile
1 x ninjago white dude with hidden sai
1 x tie fighter

Would prefer to ship to the uk ( sorry us goon that asked earlier) also have a bag full from the last sun promotion when I was getting 5 or 6 a day if anyone interested

I'd be interested in one each of those. :)

My email is [redacted]

Umbra Dubium fucked around with this message at 17:03 on May 27, 2012

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

Merchant of Death posted:

Apparently lego only made 10,000 of the minecraft sets

Wouldn't that practically guarantee that not all of the people who voted for it on Cuusoo would be able to buy it?

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

Fairly sure that set's a knock off.

I'm sure they're disinterring the lawyers in Billund as we speak.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

Lego nunchuks. There's a thing.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

xzzy posted:

Too bad he's wearing the wrong helmet. :colbert:

You find a classic helmet with an intact chinstrap and we'll talk. :colbert:

:smith:

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

smackfu posted:

Here's an interesting review of the BttF set. At the end he builds the original Cuusoo model and shows it side-by-side with the official Lego one. The Lego set is better than I thought, especially from different angles.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=84806&st=0

Yeah, I was disappointed when I saw the official Lego version revealed, but seeing them side by side I've no idea what I was thinking.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

Do printed bricks usually show this much variance within a run? Does the way the white text sit so high on the tape on the brick to the right mean they made a new print run but didn't check the one thing they were specifically trying to fix?

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

kefkafloyd posted:

My friend, you're messing with the messy force of registration. If these are pad printed (they probably are), there is always a risk of misregistration.

Ah, fair enough. I was hoping Lego hadn't slid quite that far.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

xzzy posted:

Slid? Registration has been a problem with printing ever since four color was invented. Even printed bricks in the 80's had minor variations between each piece.

I guess it's reasonable to question if that if their mission to make an extra buck has made them more error tolerant, but we're going to need more than two bricks to research if it's true. :v:

No, I meant in hypothetically commissioning a new print run with the same mistake in it.

If both bricks are conceivably from the first run, it just means that the problem is that the people sending out replacements didn't check why they were sending out replacements, which is more understandable.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

KRILLIN IN THE NAME posted:

Any idea where this piece is from?

(Probably mid 80s to early 90s)

That's from the prehistoric 70s.

http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/3709a

Came from these sets, note the set numbers are in the triple digits!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Am I a bad person if I think the Birds set is boring? It doesn't even look that great.

I don't think it has that "playability" that they're after.