Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
So the department store I work at has 10 Rise of The Sphinx sets on clearance for half off ($25!). I was thinking about buying them all, keeping two and trying to sell/trade the rest. I'm thinking this could be a good idea even if I have to sit on them for a bit, what do you guys think? Is it worth the investment to blow my entire paycheck on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Gravy Jones posted:

Maybe sometime in the future you might be able to sell them for a bit more than that, but my gut feeling is it's not a particularly good investment. It wasn't a particularly popular line and there's loads of it heavily discounted all over the place now which suggests there's not much demand.

I love that set though. Easily my favourite recent purchase and great value at half price.

Aw nutbunnies! My dreams of making a small fortune have been shattered before my very eyes! It is a pretty neat looking set though so maybe I will just buy one for myself and wait to see if they go 75% off. Thanks for the info.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Gravy Jones posted:

Official Hi-Res promotional images for The Lord of the Rings stuff is currently in the process of being added to the LOTR thread on Eurobricks (http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=59315&st=3300).

These are awesome, I want all of them. I have no place to put them but I still want them.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
If anyone lives near a Meijer they have the Mini Figures on price drop for $1.50 until April 22nd. My store only has Series 5 but other stores might have 6.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

General Specific posted:

-Master Sword forest clearing/pedestal from LTTP (almost any scene from LTTP, really)
-King of Red Lions (talking boat) from WW

I actually made both of these once, I think I still have King of Red Lions still built somewhere. I made a really big terrible looking Octoroc too, also started a dungeon but didn't get that far before quitting.

What about The Angry Videogame Nerd for the Lego Cuusoo idea? Or someone could put together a MOC of robots pushing and shoving people down stairs.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Kazy posted:

Awesome Haunted House Video

This thing is fantastic, probably one of the most amazing sets I have ever seen. It makes me sad that I will probably never own one.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Pyroclastic posted:

This is something that showed up at my local Fred Meyer.

They've slapped anti-theft devices to every set priced $39.99 and higher, and put a little sticker on virtually every set that says 'If found for resale elsewhere, call' with a store code. I don't know if these stickers are easy to remove or not (haven't bought anything at a FM since they appeared), but I guess retailers are finally catching on to resellers trying to profit when they have sales or clearance.

On a side note, it's funny how long Mega Bloks poo poo stays on clearance compared to Lego. Some World of Warcraft stuff was on shelves clearance-priced for months (and FM is aggressive with clearance, often 60-75% off MSRP immediately).

Also, the Bellevue Lego Store has some Exo-Suits in stock. They had probably a dozen when I left at ~2:30. Limit of 1, though. No Research Institutes or S12 in stock, and no minifig Minecraft yet.

They started putting the larger sets in spider wraps at my local Meijer. I'm thinking it is more because people are stealing them and less because people are buying them at discount and reselling them.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Crotch Fruit posted:

Wal-Mart's return policy is kinda retarded sometimes. Ever see a jug of Pennzoil with a broken seal and streaks of black used motor oil running down the side at Wal-Mart? It didn't come from the factory that way. :haw:

That's less their return policy and more lazy employees not taking care of damages. I always check Lego boxes before I buy them to make sure the original tape that Lego uses is still on it.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Those boxes shouldn't even be on the shelf, they should be in the clearance section marked 20-30% off. They have a really bad employee stocking the shelves at that K-Mart.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

UUHHGGGhh... why is Luke's lightsaber blue?? *flipstable*

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Does it transform into Mega Maid?

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Oh hell yeah

More pics here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy-ctC0bSpo

Too bad I can't afford it.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Mine GO BOOM posted:

Agreed. A coworker and I tried to make up for the fact that you'll never see those three cars raced against each other by doing our own: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRK1jj9t_QQ

No race car noises? C-

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

deoju posted:

Kinda neat...
Lumberjack Series 5

Werewolf Series 14

Now that is just awesome.

MichaelFlatley posted:

I leapt on the most obvious use for series 14's Cat Girl hair...

So is this.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
I'm honestly surprised that no one is selling just the new satellite dish on ebay for $30.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

NESguerilla posted:

My bet is that they didn't want to have to pay him a % of a set that expensive.

Huh?

anotherblownsave posted:

Edit: I guess my overall point is, if it is a coincidence why is Lego offering him a free set to appease him? They're hoping he won't sue, and good on him for not suing.

What?

Gabriel Pope posted:

Almost every single detail is different between the two :shrug: Not seeing it.

I agree, they are both square and have a traffic light.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
So whose design did Lego rip off for the interior of the Firehouse?

I wonder if you can get the Ecto-1 in there.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

The_Doctor posted:

Huh, no-one's I think. That's really nice.

EDIT: Wait, the pool table should be next to the kitchen. I like that the photo darkroom is there.

Yeah, I was just making a joke.

Dogen posted:

The features list for the set said you could

Awesome

mitochondritom posted:

Where is the tank thing they put all the ghosts in?

Bottom left under the stairs.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

DisposableHero posted:

I'm pretty sure he is specifically an "unaltered" clone and wasn't given the fast aging.

Rex is only 28 years old in Rebels, I'm pretty sure he is aging fast.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
The whole point of blind bags is that you are suppose to trade them with your friends.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

They got removed, I got this from /lego http://imgur.com/a/XsOlp

I want that TIE Striker but not at $70

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

The ending of this is terrible and those guys should be ashamed of themselves.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Potential BFF posted:

M:TRON II and a Mega Core Magnetizer II with even bigger wheels? Hell yea. I'd take Blacktron III with a modern take on the modular ball cockpits too. Trans neon yellow EVERYWHERE.

I remember being incredibly jealous that Lego employees had access to enough bricks to make the glowing pits that showed up in the Space section of every catalog for years.

Oh M:Tron :love:

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
So after nearly a year of wanting it, saving up some money, looking at pictures of it, and getting jealous of posters on this very thread I finally bought the Ghostbusters Firehouse. This is the largest set I have ever bought and the first I have built since I got Metalbeard's Duel for my birthday two years ago. This thing is pretty drat impressive, I plan on going slow with it as I still need to make room for its permanent spot. I really wasn't expecting numbered bags but it sure helps, so far it's taken me two day to do bag #1. The only complaint I would have about it would be the instructions being on a black background (whhyy?) and stickers. I hate stickers, I'm terrible at stickers, why did they have to use stickers?? Anyone have any advice on applying stickers? Or perhaps safely removing them and reapplying them when I mess it up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Minifig series 26 is hitting store shelves in the US, got a space nanny, QR code scanned 6484923. I might pick up another one tomorrow, I really only want the M-Tron, Blacktron, and Ice Planet ones though. This was at a meijer for those in the midwest.