Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turkson
Mar 30, 2011

Is there a thread for mini figure trading? I grabbed what I thought was a samurai and a space marine. It was an explorer and a unicorn.

I am not good at feeling bags.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turkson
Mar 30, 2011

The Rage posted:

Anyone have the new Star Destroyer? How is it?

I love it. It's going to look great on the bookshelf next to my Venator star destroyer and Corellian Corvette. My only complaint are the missile shooters.

I'm currently working on the Helicarrier. It's enormous. I don't know where I'm going to put it when it's done.

Turkson
Mar 30, 2011

I'm downsizing and looking to get rid of some lego sets. Do I just list them on Craigslist and hope for the best?

I listed 10195 Republic Dropship on my local FB buy/sell/trade page and got a reply. But he wants me to ship it across the country. I'm not getting a good vibe from his messages. Anyone have experience selling and shipping lego sets across the US? Any tips or advice?

Turkson
Mar 30, 2011

Is there a website that tracks minifig prices?

Turkson
Mar 30, 2011

veni veni veni posted:

The only Lego store near me is closed until November because a hail storm destroyed the malls roof :(

Do any major retailers carry UCS? I can't think of any.

Colorado Mills? There's a lego store in Park Meadows.

Turkson
Mar 30, 2011

Waltzing Along posted:

Anyone have any Lego Movie sets they don't want? Especially new ones?

Are you looking for any sets in particular?

I'm trying to sell Benny's Spaceship, Bad Cop's Pursuit, MetalBeard's Duel, and Super Cycle Chase

Turkson
Mar 30, 2011

veni veni veni posted:

Just out of curiosity.What sets do you guys regret not picking up while they were in production? Obviously there are a ton I passed on that I'd love to have, but only a few I truly regret.

For me it's the Creator Ferrari, Old Fishing Store, Ghostbusters car (friend gave me one, but it's missing the figs) The last small scale Star Destroyer, UCS Slave 1, The Ghost (my god this set got expensive holy moly) and Batman Tumbler. Also to a lesser extent, Voltron and UCS Iron Man.

I'm not counting anything from the years I wasn't into Lego. Just stuff I waffled on and missed out.

WALL-E

Still kicking myself on that one.

Turkson
Mar 30, 2011

Lizard Combatant posted:

As a kid the the greatest piece was the big wearable jetpack.

As an adult the greatest piece is still the big wearable jetpack.

Turkson
Mar 30, 2011

Straight White Shark posted:

dunno what jetpack y'all are talking about but the twin shoulder mounted cannon rig was pretty sweet

Same piece

Turkson
Mar 30, 2011

https://www.reuters.com/business/lego-invest-over-1-billion-first-us-brick-plant-2022-06-15/

The tallneck is sold out at my local lego store :'(

But I got the mando starfighter, the goat boat, and succulents. I love the forestman promo set. So much nostalgia.

Turkson
Mar 30, 2011

Veotax posted:

After the success of Andor, I do hope we get more sets based on the show. Kind of tempted to go get the one that came out.

If the lead time for new sets is two years or something, then they could be in time for season 2! :v:

I have two complaints about that set. Lego Andor doesn't look like Andor and it should have come with more CorpSec goons.

Other than that it is a great set. It's a decent looking speeder bike and the Tac Pod is an amazing build

Turkson fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Dec 10, 2022

Turkson
Mar 30, 2011

smackfu posted:

What is this piece? I saw it in a YouTube video. Seems kind of very specialized.

This video: https://youtu.be/u6wC_4ah4fA

Worm gear block

https://brickset.com/parts/4142824/worm-gear-block-transp

The ARC-170 sets and a few of the X-Wing sets over the years used them to open and close the wings.

Turkson
Mar 30, 2011

It's fantastic.

In my Top 5 sets of all time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turkson
Mar 30, 2011

Solemn Sloth posted:

Baba Yaga but instead of a house on bird legs it’s just house on bird

There are more pictures floating around the internet. The house has bird legs too!