Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

FBS posted:

That Blacktron GWP might finally push me to ordering the Space Shuttle. That said,

:same: Get to Ice Planet already!

I recently pulled out my childhood bins to put this bad boy back together:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Hell Yeah

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
The speed champions modern super cars are all boring and samey looking. I’m still tempted to pick up the Countach, give me like a Miura or a 350 GTO

Arcella fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jan 3, 2023

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Flyinglemur posted:

The Countach and the little Ferrari are definitely fun builds.

Yeah I have the Ferrari and the shark monster truck to build, and a knockoff remote control AE86 I bought off of instagram.

Speaking of Speed Champions, is the F&F Nissan Skyline supposed ti be available now? Lego.com says sold out, and on Barnes & Noble people are giving it 1-star reviews because the system will say it's in stock locally, but the street date is actually March 1

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
gently caress the Galaxy Explorer, give me the Deep Freeze Defender

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Jehde posted:

The recent lego castles are definitely doing this for me, as I always wanted a lego castle as a kid and never got one.

same but the pirate/imperial ships

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Carbohydrates posted:

My second BrickNerd article went up on Friday: I was exceptionally honored to do an interview with the builder who inspired me to make cars, Jonathan Elliott!

https://bricknerd.com/home/the-need-for-speed-an-interview-with-jon-elliott-1-19-23

This was cool, thanks for posting it!

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Finished the Creator 3 in 1 Viking longship. I didn't realize until I was researching that there was a Viking line of sets in ~2006.

Kind of surprised they're using bricks for the sail rather than the classic plasticky fabric like in the old pirate/imperial sets.

Also ended up replacing the heads with the classic : ) faces, maybe a little less personality but it's funnier to me that a Danish company makes a Viking playset and the Vikings all have the : ) expression.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Yeah bricks make sense especially in a 3 in 1, or even just as a playset for kids, rather than something for adult nerds to build and put on a shelf forever.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
I kind of wanted Kuribo’s shoe but just getting a Mario is like at least $50, u less I’m missing something.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
The new $10 piñata is really cute, too bad my local store doesn’t have it :(

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

HootTheOwl posted:

Perfect for a lego railroad. Track, lights, microcontrollers, and uh... an anesthesia machine?

The perfect gift for your favorite gas-passer

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
I was kinda waffling on the A-frame but my wife noticed it and made a comment so that plus double vip I got that, the piñata, and some pick a brick

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Yeah I bought/built a BT from Titanfall 2 and it looks great but it’s frustrating because it’s fragile af and hard to pose.

I’ve been meaning to make a Lego house
in stud.io but haven’t had the inspiration.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Rescue Toaster posted:

Going to be awhile before I do another big MOC. Holy cow is the experience different going through 200 little bags in random order than going through nice numbered pouches.
Still, my crappy photo doesn't do it justice, she's really a looker on the shelf.

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-95879/brickgloria/mcrn-tachi-mid-scale/#details

Nice!

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
When I went by the lego store to get the A-frame and the Piñata, they had the Friends Dog Rescue built in the front window, and they look so sad! :cry: These dogs need rescuing!

Ended up getting it for my niece who has a birthday coming up.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Infinitum posted:

But.. everyone likes Lego

:hmmyes:

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
I grabbed a couple for myself and my wife for valentines and they were both Marie Antoinette

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Blue Moonlight posted:

Might have missed it in the thread previously, but it looks like LEGO House is getting another exclusive:

Thank goodness it wasn’t classic space :homebrew:

This is cute and I'd probably get it if I was there, but not really sure I'd want to display it. I'm happy with my Lego House architecture set though.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
I really like the Audi Quattro, especially because it’s big enough for the driver and co-driver! :buddy:

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Lego Peugeot Hypercar in the pits at Portimao practice today.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Jehde posted:

Someone (I think Carbs) asked a long time ago for a photo of the line up of rally cars on my desk. My desk's been a pigsty for ages, but I've finally cleaned it up a bit, at least enough to take an updated photo of the roster:

C'mon lego, put out a lancia 037 :pray:

Hell yeah I had/have that yellow one second from right as a kid.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Futanari Damacy posted:

I hope we get more non-contemporary vehicles in the Speed Champions lineup. I really don’t feel these newfangled F1 GT cars or whatever, to me they all look the same. It’s not as if the entire last half of the 20th century isn’t full of great designs from companies that still exist to license them.

Yeah this is my complaint with speed champs, modern hypercars are all kinda boring looking, and end up looking samey when converted to lego form.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
I love that Han and Luke are yellow, Leia is peach, and Lando's head is just the classic : ) with a mustache but printed on a brown lego head.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Just built the A-frame cabin in almost 1 sitting with my wife. Lots of cute details and clever uses for pieces. I'll definitely have to use the record player/record shelf and swivel chairs when I build the MOC mid-century house I've been kicking around in my head.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Cojawfee posted:

I mean, you can also just get them from lego. https://www.lego.com/en-us/service/buildinginstructions/

not for most older sets

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Dogen posted:

Ordered the corvette and himeji castle, happy day late birthday to me :toot:

I’m going to swing by my local Lego store later this morning and try to get the Himeji Castle.

Re: the Caterham, I have that set too and like it, as well as the F40 and the Mini, but I’ve found I like having the speed champs on display better, I used to have them out on a shelf and they got hella dusty.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I’d be way more into Speed Champions if they’d actually make sets based on anything more than 20 years old.

I kinda like the GTD BMW to go along with the Porsche, but yeah I'm with you, all these 21st century hypercars look the same. (IRL and Lego)

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

I'd been waiting for a decent 5th generation 4Runner to show up on Rebrickable and finally got the parts/instructions. The builder even included a set of instructions/parts list for the blue version, but between Rebrickable instructions, Bricklink sellers sending me one wrong part (out of a big order), and my own QC it definitely makes me appreciate Lego QC and just opening a box and building a set.

Luckily even with some errors in the instructions I only had to rummage through my own bins a few times for parts. Bricks and Minifigs was a great resource to be able to rummage through their pick a brick tables and get quite a few parts before I went on Bricklink.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Yeah!

Hell yeah!!!

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

mutata posted:

I need to rebuild my Deep Freeze Defender and figure out a display for it.

I always wanted all the Ice Planet sets as a kid; I may have to cobble together a Deep Freeze Defender one of these days.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Cojawfee posted:

I don't want to be that guy on reddit who posts that their friend bought them half the lego store, but my friend bought me the BTTF Delorean. I already own one, so I decided to make this one special and ordered a lighting kit for it. Turns out that Light My Brick is 45 minutes away from me in Humble. TX.

Oh poo poo no wonder my kit for the A-Frame arrived so quick. I need to actually put it in there though.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Got up early after working New Year’s Eve to get the wall parrots. Line was longer than I anticipated but managed to get the set and give it to my wife as a late Christmas present.

Bonus sighting of an IRL Comic Book Guy grabbing the last x-men jet off the shelf before a dad could get it for his kid. Not in a rude way, fair and square, but…cmon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Cojawfee posted:

I bet that thing falls apart if you look at it.

I had found a pretty cool BT MOC from Titanfall 2 a few years ago and built it, it looked great but was so fragile and frustrating to pose so it’s in 5-10 pieces in a box now.