Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Finally I can find closure with my collection of LEGO space stuff. Saturn V, Apollo 11, ISS....this was all I needed!

I wish it had the booster rockets but they'd bring up the size and with that the price dramatically, I imagine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I won’t be satisfied until Lego gives me Mercury, Gemini, and Soyuz.

Ugh you're right. The longing will never end.

Actually I would love for them to go into older airplanes. Give me a DC-3, a Sopwith Camel, that sort of thing.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Big Mean Jerk posted:

:same:

I’m bummed they haven’t really done a big Creator plane since the Sopwith.

I just found out that was a thing and now I'm very angry I never knew that was a thing.

I did get the Crocodile last year which was really nice tho!

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Once they start doing really detailed ships, look out below because I’ll be there in a jiffy.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I guess I’m about to find out if the LEGO community at large can be riled up in the same way as gamers and Star Wars fans over nothingburgers.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Like you nerds wouldn’t buy a LEGO interstate set if it was detailed enough.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Goddamn I can’t wait till Thursday, I really really wanna heft my hands on that space shuttle ASAP.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Shuttle is acquired, and just in time. My fiancé finished the piano build this morning so now it’s my turn to flex them Lego fingers.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Lego Instagram teases a new Star Wars set, apparently that Clone Wars trooper transport thingy from Ep II.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Goddamn that is one beautiful set. But the price and size means it has to wait a few years until we move to a bigger place. It even dwarfs the Saturn V set that’s already taking a lot of shelf here.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

After some looking over my finances and the storage situation, I've decided I'll get the drat ship anyway. The Saturn V will have to move somewhere.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

That review of the Titanic set made a good point I hadn’t considered, in that the big beefy SW sets (ISD and Falcon) once done can be a bit underwhelming, seeing as they’re big grey blobs. The Titanic is one helluva striking ship if nothing else!

I really want some official plane sets tbh. Like a DC-3, or a Sopwith Camel, that sort of thing.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

“It’s really expensive” could be a thread title ngl

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I have the A-Wing. It’s a big mofo and beautiful. If it’s being taken out of rotation, I’d say go for it.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Cloks posted:

I've been building the Seinfeld set and while I respect that a lot of people in this thread don't care for the sitcom sets, I really like the creativity that the scale calls for. The desk and radiators in the Seinfeld set and the Expresso machine in the first Friends set are two great examples of creative microscale builds.

Even if you have no interest in building them, I recommend downloading and looking at the manuals because there's stuff like this through the entirety of the sets.

This looks pretty cool indeed.

It would be stuff like this that might make the upcoming "The Office" build worthwhile.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Goddamnit Titanic is released in stores on the 8th it seems. One can order it online but delivery is slated for late November in that case, I just started my month long holiday I want it NOW

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I’m in Sweden and pre-order looks to be available here no problem.

The problem is the vague delivery date, being “at the LATEST 29th”. At that point my holiday is almost over. I’m gonna return to the on site store on Monday next week and assume/hope that Stockholm don’t have more maniacs willing to pay 7k for a Lego set day one than they have in store. Salesman said they’d get a good number of them so I’m hopeful.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Was it similar rush to get the space shuttle? I went to the store on release day and got it no problem.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

The “throat” of the Walker looks interesting. Is that a wholly new thing for Lego?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Titanic is mine, it’s a heavy mofo.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

Does it really have wheels on the bottom of the box or was that a joke?

God I wish. Package is huge and weighs 14kg, I took a cab home because the Lego store is on the other side of town, even so my arms are killing me.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Andoman posted:

That's on my shopping list - may need to move to a bigger flat first though!

Jokes on you, I got it despite not having any slave for it!

(We’ll find some way to put the Saturn V vertically and safe somehow).

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Got the impression that there was no real rush for it here so move to Stockholm, people.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Holy crap that new AT-AT is helluva expensive huh? Makes my immediate purchase of the Titanic seem reasonable, almost.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Finished Titanic. A real beauty, and stupendously large. I will only have room for relatively compact sets for the foreseeable future (typewriter perhaps!) so I’ll just wait and see what they’ll release. Love the concept of the Earth globe, not sure I’d like building it tho.

Fingers are itching for some building though. I took my sweet time with Titanic, gonna miss it.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

oh, okay, I guess I found the next LEGO gift to the missus.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I feel like LEGO hasn't fully utilized all the train-nerds out there. The Crocodile is a fantastic build, and I want more cool locomotives.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Alright I got the Typewriter. It was on sale, so nabbed it for 1590kr (169 USD).

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Shut up and watch this!

https://twitter.com/lego_group/status/1524011544086036481?s=21&t=TRrIRnykTfF1qbE8ktdf6Q

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

The only reason I don’t own the Colosseum is that I simply don’t have space for it. I did have space for the Titanic but that’s besides the point!

The legacy of the ancient word will always fascinate me beyond measure. I’ll be finding space for this one for sure, it seems to be smaller and cheaper than the Colosseum.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

But for real guys that lighthouse set is hella sexy.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Wellp, we’re moving on Saturday and there’s no real way to move the Titanic without breaking it apart so I guess I’ll have some fixer upper time in the foreseeable future.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Ngl I like the idea of the Eiffel Tower being big enough to be on display on the floor.

Goddamn it unlike last year where I could actually splurge money for the Titanic without any real constraint, this year money is tighter.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

https://twitter.com/vanillahorilla/status/1592613020764889088?s=46&t=7QNehmSXBjmqTxF0-66t5A

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Holy poo poo you guys, my wife has bought me something *big* from the Lego store for my birthday, and I suspect it's either the Colosseum or the Eiffel Tower.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Happy birthday indeed!

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

"Hubblé" is how my wife sometimes chooses to say "husband".

Looking forward to this, but I need to finish the Giza pyramid first.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I just ordered the Eiffel Tower because I'm homicidally insane AMA.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Waltzing Along posted:

Who are you planning on killing with your LEGO Eiffel Tower?

The mailman will crumble under the weight of the package, the perfect crime!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

There she is.

But I promised the wife to build the Colosseum she bought me for my bday first so gonna start on that tonight.