Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
The new Wampa Cave arrived yesterday and a LEGO Wampa makes my inner-child squeel with glee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
A bunch of the Space Police aliens have gray (or gray-ish) hands.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Dang the Imperial Shuttle popped up on Amazon's Black Friday deals, but it's only marked down to $198 (from the usual $233/$260 retail).

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
I actually just finished building the main engine for the Emerald Night - which will be circling the Christmas tree this year. So far it's a great set. Couple of cool building techniques, SNOTs, etc. Plus they include in the instructions how to add the power functions at the end.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

Torael_7 posted:

I dunno what their problem is, I've had no issues and 'just' came back to Lego.

They'll be okay though...today is :wookie:
At first I thought today's set was some kind of mix-up from the Castle theme last year. Took me a second to realize it was Chewie's tools (still pretty weak IMO). Slave 1 was a pretty cool micro-set though.

edit: turns out I did the 7th instead of the 6th, whoops. Makes a little more sense now. :)

Voodoo fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Dec 7, 2011

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Is a giant rocket like that generally hollow or solid?

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
I saw some Series 6 bags at the Tysons Corner store (VA) yesterday, but any bag left was probably weeping on the inside as every one of them had obviously been felt up and down by many, many people.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

All the lego chat in the Whiskey Media/Giantbomb thread bit me with the lego bug and I've got a tantive IV in the mail and a little Ackbar minifig on my keychain. It's amazing to see how Lego's improved the accuracy on things like the Y-wing or Slave I since their first Star Wars kits.

That being said, the 2012 line of sets can't come quickly enough:

http://www.fbtb.net/2012/02/12/lego-toy-fair-2012-star-wars/
We're so close to a LEGO "Rancor Pit" set. So close.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
The Minecraft set is a really neat little build. Makes me look forward to more Cuusoo sets coming out in the future.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

Gravy Jones posted:

Not the most atractive set, but looks like a lot of bricks and I think looks kind of cool. Will also be expensive.

While I'm very happy there is finally a LEGO Rancor, I'm less than pleased they're putting it in into such an uninspired set. I mean, at least give us a trap door for Luke to fall through, or an alcove for him to hide in or something. Not to mention with so many pieces it's going to be pretty pricey.

edit: \/ which does us no good if we don't have a nine-year old set. :colbert:

Voodoo fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Jul 13, 2012

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

BizarroAzrael posted:

Could someone link that site that let's you find where kits are cheapest?
Created by one of our own: http://brickbadger.com/

Should be on the OP even!

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
I totally understand the reasoning behind why they aren't doing it - but man I wish the series was based on the '80s version of the show.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
I hope they sell a ton of DeLoreans and decide to do a full BTTF theme.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Brick Daddy has a few things to say in regards to the 'best' minifig. :colbert:

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

Readblood posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_1EjqxEVW8

The results of the newest CUUSOO review are out! — Mars Curiosity Rover!
Not as good as the DeLorean but still pretty cool. I wonder if they are actually pursuing the Portal one.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
drat, the DeLorean from that sneak peek looks...not that amazing. Which is too bad because I want to support a BTTF line and obviously the more popular Cuusoo products are, the greater the chance they do more of them. Curses!

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Echoing that the Delorean is actually a pretty build and I really really hope they do a full line (or even just two or three sets) of BTTF stuff.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
The house looks like it's got some nice detail to it, and it seems like good value at $200. But goddamn the half-closed eyes on the minifigs are pretty :wtf:.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Brick Daddy can hold any minifig accessory and still look like a boss.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Yeah I suspect it's going to be really hard to get a Tumbler now. I wanted to order one today for double points, but welp, things aren't looking good at this point.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
One of my local LEGO stores said they'd be getting in new shipments of Tumblers every week, at least for the next few weeks. Specifically on Tuesday, at Potomac Mills (VA) at least.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

smackfu posted:

Latest Lego story going around: http://uk.businessinsider.com/lego-future-lab-discovery-about-parents-2015-1

Allegedly US Lego is dumbed down from European Lego, despite no evidence of that at all.
The linked article there is quite a bit more of an interesting, and much longer read: How Lego Became the Apple of Toys

The quoted section (tiny, by relation to the rest of the article) by businessinsider isn't really fleshed out any further than "yeah there are some differences".

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
If I wanted to finally bite the bullet and start collecting the Modulars - where should I start? Pet Shop or Grand Emporium as they're the oldest ones?

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
I can only assume LEGO's own Helicarrier and Jurassic World sets made for some easy rejections from this batch. The next batch has 13 sets, which should be interesting. If I was wagering money, I'd think that they'd do something with the science sets - ala Research Lab.

Norns posted:

Wait. Is that hornet being made? I don't give a gently caress about star citizen, but that looks rad.
Hopefully!

quote:

Still considering F7A Hornet.
[...] Our final decision will take some time, and we’ll share details when we’re able.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
What was the 11th Ideas set? Big Bang Theory is #10, Wall-E's box says #12.

edit: oh right, Dr. Who. On the Ideas blog they have Dr. Who as #12, Wall-E as #11. I wonder what the reason for the swap was.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
I bought it but haven't built it. More than anything the purchase was to continue supporting LEGO Ideas and TV-show themes sets in general. If it doesn't sell well, you just know they're not going to approve the Golden Girls Idea in review. :(

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

Chairchucker posted:

Didn't that already get not approved on LEGO Ideas?

$400, that's the same price as the Death Star. That's gonna be $700 here in Australia then, probably.
It (Ghostbusters HQ) made it to the review, but was then rejected by the Review Board back in February. But...now it's going to be a set anyway? Seems strange. I guess it means that projects coming from LEGO IDEAS can still make it to production outside from the IDEAS brand?

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
They really need to tighten up the Ideas guidelines just a little bit if they're not going to give any reason as to why each project is rejected. Based on size alone it looks like most of the projects in the second 2015 review will get rejected right out of the gate. So why not add a line about trying to keep size/cost down and nip some of those projects in the bud before they make it all the way through the process.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Picked up one of the Nexo Knight singles today - Clay. Dude has helicopter blades of swords (or flames) coming off his armor - sounds good to me. I really like the sword and shield pieces they have for the theme - so much more fancy than old school sword/shield from back in the day.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
So two Snowtroopers and a Wompa are the only non-Rebel pieces in Hoth set? That doesn't seem very assault-like to me. :colbert:

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Man, it'd be awesome to have some some big Disney sets based off those minifigs. Genie's Cave, A Mad Tea-Party, Captain Hook's ship, etc.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

Hopper posted:

So err... what is a LUG and how do I get in?
Lego User Group. https://lan.lego.com/lugs

Find a local one and show up to the next event!

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

uXs posted:

Just watched the creator video for Big Ben. Wasn't planning on getting it but after seeing it I may change my mind.
Also it's currently on sale for VIP Members. Pretty cool looking set.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
I also ordered a Lepin Green Grocer. Ordered placed on 8/30 and it just arrived today. Assuming we're all ordering from a few different storefronts, I wonder if there are any differences in pieces/quality/etc.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

Straight White Shark posted:

That's remarkably forward-thinking of them.
Hah, good idea. I couldn't find the bag of Minifig series stuff, so I couldn't find a good afro.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
The Notorious Lowrider is exactly the type of car that Brick Daddy would be cruisin' around in when he wasn't cruisin' through space, pimpin' and what not.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
LEGO Voltron is up there as far as childhood fantasies go. Right behind LEGO Star Wars (and Transformers, but Kre-o ehhhh).

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
The 60th Anniversary set is never coming back in stock is it. :(

Oh well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
I am also in the “tried to build a LEGO Voltron” camp as a kid, so that’s a day one purchase right there.