Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
They need to make a VW Van sized version of the classic Turtle Van.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I wish they'd do another take on the AT-ST. The standard sized sets don't look very good, and don't even look like the AT-ST that much, and the UCS set is just ugly as hell with studs sticking out everywhere.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Most likely a special direct purchase directly from Lego through back channels.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

This boat is awesome. Needs very few tweaks to turn it into an 80's Miami drug boat.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Arkannoyed posted:

Does it normally take over four months for things to ship from Florida to Iowa?

I swear, something happened in the last few months with the postal system in Canada and the US that slowed it way down. Prior to November of last year, I could get anything in North America shipped to me in Vancouver in about 10 business days, even with the slowest shipping option from Canada Post or USPS. Since November though, every package I've been expecting that shipped standard shipping has taken 45 to 60 days to arrive. I've never had packages take that long in my life, no matter where I was living in Canada at the time. But in the last 4 months, I've had 13 packages take almost two months to get to me.

Combine that with the recent giant-fuckoff price increases from USPS, and shipping packages is almost becoming a luxury service.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

AzMiLion posted:

What am i looking at here? Could you explain?

It's his custom 3-speed Mindstorms engine to power a Lego ClutchVIBES "personal massager".

Lego ClutchVIBES: It's Studded for Her Pleasure

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
They always sell Lego anywhere that has "learning" connection. Sure, it would've been cool if they could've sold sets based on a Lego Undersea collection, but lacking that, standard Lego will do. Besides, it's more likely parents will buy it if it's presented in a child learning and problem solving context, instead of a just as a toy at the toy store next to Batman and..... I don't know, Yu-Gi Oh? Is that still a thing?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Is there any consensus on which company makes the best lighting kits for Lego kits? I just got the Lunar Lander, and it seem like there's at least 5 or 6 lighting kits out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Lunar Lander done! Went with the lighting kit from Lightailing, mostly cause the price was right and it was the only one on Amazon Canada that I could get quickly and without import fees. Turned out good in the end though, decent wire hiding as well.