Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Glad I was pointed to this thread. :3:

I am severely addicted to building - well, just Star Wars sets. Not that I buy everything - some sets are just totally unappealing like the Kylo Ren attack one (god I want that mini-fig but the two sets with it aren't worth it to me).

I usually end up putting on this:

via Google Music and build away. Altho for the Slave-1 which took a week or so, it was the various soundtracks.

Anyways...

Just so this post isn't weirder than it already is - any links or pictures of a decent stand, that can angle a bit for ships - well, Poe's X-Wing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Found a nice DIY stand for Poe's X-Wing - finally! Looks decent - I may go with darker blocks but overall it works - mostly cause it can pivot a bit. I would love to get rid of those blue elastic bands for something either transparent or black/grey though.

https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/4ihc7x/my_first_moc_a_stand_for_poes_xwing/

(not my pics)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I think I saw $90 US / $120 CAD for the Vader tie and A-Wing which seems loving ridiculous for two small ships.

e:

And why is Sabine and Tarkin in this set?? Just to raise the cost?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I will be getting the AT-TE no matter tho... :negative:

E:

New Rogue One sets revealed.

That AT-ST! :swoon:

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jun 1, 2016

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Better shot of the Imperial Tank.

It's a bit... GREY!!! ...but still looks rad, I like the front grill. And a Donnie Yen mini-fig!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It's reminding me of stuff straight out of Wipeout.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

NESguerilla posted:

I wish Lego made a piece that was just basically a motorcycle seat for a minifigure so you could actually make custom bikes. I've always wanted to give kanedas bike a shot from Akira.

Check out this dudes for inspiration.

http://imgur.com/a/AIH9D

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Jangbricks review turned me off buying the ATTE from Rebels.

But instead pushed me to get the Adv.Tie / A-Wing which I was mad over. :shepspends:

Both ships have some great engineering with hiding the shooters and making the triggers more intuitive. No random kibble hanging out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eHDdSM4qg8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMtdO-B55I4

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jun 8, 2016

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Someone local selling 6082 Fortress for $100 CAD.

Good deal?

From what I see it's a little more before shipping comes into play.

quote:

Dragon Masters set released in 1993. It contains a castle, Majesty the sorcerer, a knight on horseback, four guards, a Wolfpack bandit and a Dark Green Dragon.
Set is missing one weapon (dark grey Halberd) but otherwise is complete with box and building instructions.

I can probably get a little Halberd from BrickLink too.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Welp, guess I'm buying Dimensions

Same.

I haven't been enticed yet but a Mr.T mini-fig owns and even those Adventure Time ones seem awesome.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Thanks based Lego.

If Lego goes the route of Funko I am all for that. All the licenses.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

What was the issue?

Fake Edit: http://brickset.com/article/16465/what-s-wrong-with-21303-wall%E2%80%A2e

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Not my pic but if you pick up the Deluxe Force Awakens from Best Buy you get a Finn figure and that Star Destroyer is for buying it today.

I think I got the last one in my city as all the Best Buys showed nothing when I was completed.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Captain Invictus posted:

wow, the promo figure for VIP members is now a classic knight dude that comes with a neat little catalog of all the Castle stuff since 1978, that's awesome for folks who like Castle. Maybe they'll do one for Space next.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Free-Cla...troKnight_NA_PR

How long does this go for? I can't really buy any Lego till next week?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I thought I was out... then I saw the Lego Y-Wing coming in 2017. :gonk:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Id rather a new UCS AT-AT. Or any AT-AT to go with my AT-ST.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Ineptitude posted:

Cavegod's ludicrously cool UCS AT-AT is something you could build. The instructions are available somewhere and he has updated it several times to not need super expensive parts. (The first incarnation used parts only available in the first UCS star destroyer so that was like $500 in parts just for those)
I realise it is not an official build but it is easily the best UCS-level AT-AT out there.

Based off the auto-parts picker thing it's gonna cost $700+ CAD :(

But that is amazing. I am sure they will release a new version of it someday - just need to have patience.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Toys R Us in :canada: had 20% off all Star Wars sets under $179 so I picked up Krennics and Hover Tank (the latter to get Chirrut and Baze together, for $30 CAD its nice)!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Are the new sets for Star Wars out in the US? Canada has jack poo poo and January is almost finished. Thought they were due this month.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I got the Mr.Freeze set last night and it was an enjoyable build. But looking at the other sets, i'd like the other villains but then I may be stuck with multiple of Batman and Batgirl... I suppose I can just sell em off but still kinda annoying. First world problems.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I put on soundtracks similar to what I am building. :3:

Which is really just Star Wars music...

But yesterday I listened to the Batman TAS soundtrack.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

One free Lego Batman character poster each week for all of February on any purchase.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I saw the Y-Wing being on backorder online buy my local place had it - woot! :)

Just seeing it come together is fun - all the greebling from Lego just works so well for this ship. Also was gifted the U-Wing and while looking cool - I feel the underside should be bigger based on what we saw in the movie.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Hamburlgar posted:

But... isn't that... the whole point?

Youre probably new to blind boxes but the entire point was to buy a bunch and hope for the best. Gachapon is huge there.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK-aTQKzT2U

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It'd be neat to have an oversized minifig that fits...

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I just need a re-release of the B-wing , proper red/grey X-Wing and snowspeeder (non-UCS) to finish off rebel fleet sets.

:pray:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Pyroclastic posted:

Holy poo poo, that looks enormous. Looks like 4 stud diameter for the Command/Service modules, 8 studs for the third stage, and 10-12 studs for stages 1 & 2. I'd be shocked if this comes in under $150. Note that what we see there is maybe half the rocket's total height (looks like it's about the top of the 1st/2nd stage interstage).

It's approximately 28 pixels per stud in that image, and what we see is about 1869 pixels tall, or ~66.75 studs. That would make the entire rocket about 130 studs tall, which is comes out to about a meter.

This is the best post.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Only $119 for 2000 pieces? Nice.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Thor sets are coming out. Are "action hands" a new thing? I like the little gladiator match thing there. Esp. Jeff Goldblum in lego.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The snowspeeder won't sell out considering the Slave 1 was still available for a long time. This isn't Nintendo.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Some comparison shots of the UCS Snowspeeder. I feel it's way out of wack with all the ships.

http://imgur.com/gallery/89VdB

This shot especially, not that i'd pose it like this:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yeah, but at least the mini-figures fit in most of em.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Wal-Mart had some half-off build a figures and I snagged the most excellent K2SO for $15 CAD. Pretty "complex" build IMO - I've never done one before - but the end result was amazing. I don't know if i'd get this in any other character - maybe Grevious if I could ever find/pay up for him.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Oh poo poo all the summer Star Wars sets are out! :3:

Watched the review from Jang on the speeder and Anakin becoming Vader... those look like must buys. The bounty hunter pack as well since its cheap and comes with all the guys,

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

They had a whole bunch of shuttles at the Lego store here in Winnipeg.

Instead got my bounty hunters set up!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

This was posted over at reddit and it's awesome to see, esp. if you have the older ship.

Of course someone had to chime in that ACTUALLY ITS 7CM OFF!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Hopper posted:

Meh, this is the worst they could have done, the comic relief/children gimmick of a mediocre movie. Might as well have done a UCS JarJar Binks head...

What is it like being dead inside.

Also, UCS Jar Jar would be amazing.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Waltzing Along posted:

Temple of Airjitzu and yes. My favorite build start to finish. It's just constantly interesting and looks beautiful when complete. It needs more love.

Goddamn, this is beautiful. Shame I missed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

"Boat does not float"

:lol: