Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Day 1, but that Baron Harkonnen minifig is so funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Do we think the ornithopter will be available in general stores? Thinking I could probably save a few quid by not ordering it from Lego directly.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
I think it's supposed to be an ammonite isn't it?

edit: oh having visited the NHM I think I know what it is - this slice of a sequoia.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
edit: never mind

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Got the London Postcard set but the stickers sheet is all crumpled up - will Lego replace it?

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Have you seen the other videos on his channel? His main city build is insane:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL8GVowkS2M

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Seeing that X-Men set makes me wonder - has anyone made an X-COM: Enemy Unknown MOC?

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
I had (still have, in a box at my mum's house) a few sets from the Ice Planet series - from memory, a couple of 6814s, and one each of 6834 and 6879 - I dreamed about having the base set (6983) with the magnetic rockets and extras vehicles and all those translucent orange parts - the white/blue/orange colour scheme still looks so good.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
From today, it's now legal to buy the bootleg 40659 sets.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Bit disappointing to find it's not a model of the ship(s) from Interstellar (2014), but I do like that they've got the classic Lego Space logo on one of the pieces.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play

LloydDobler posted:

I've decided to stop buying new lego and build out what I can from my childhood. Starting with what I recall as my absolute favorite set. My first expert builder set as well. 857 Motor Bike.

Oh wow, those photos solve a mystery I've had for more than 25 years - as a child we bought a bag of second hand parts, including those giant wheels, and I always wondered why there was only three of them.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
The class 08 looks great as well, though the Pannier should really be in GWR green.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
I've had a shipping notification for my ornithopter, though it has to come all the way from Belgium to the UK. I was right next to the Leicester Square Lego store this evening so I possibly could have picked one up in person.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Well look what turned up two days early.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Is this Chad or Romania?

IKEA

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Well that was a fun build. I'll post some pictures tomorrow when I can pose it outside but it's also a chunky build - the core is very solid but the landing gears seem to hold it up well. The wing flapping movement perhaps doesn't flap them as much as I would like but they look great extended and retracted (which is how I will have to display it due to the 70cm wingspan).

edit: oh, and no stickers! only three printed pieces as well, excluding minifigs

Carpet fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Feb 4, 2024

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Alright, who snitched on that goon's husband?

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/477090/B-C-Mounties-seize-cache-of-stolen-Lego-Jellycat-toys-clothes-worth-150-000

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
You don't know how quickly I clicked on this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3CnDXh7hH0

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
I still kick myself I never got the original Technic Droideka, a shame this one seems less complex and adjustable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play

Waltzing Along posted:

Looks pretty cool.

It's very cute if you imagine the knobs are its eyes and the little black slot below them is its mouth :3: