Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Could anyone give me some information on the Lego Creator series? I've never purchased a Lego set before but some of the stuff in their series look really cool and fun to build. Would this be a good starting point for someone who wants to "get into" Legos?

Edit: Ah, more specifically the $150+ sets. Like the Fire Station and Palace Cinema.

obi_ant fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Mar 31, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Ah yes, I was a bit confused when I saw the smaller boxes. I'm probably going to grab one of the larger box sets just to get a nice feel for a "complete" experience.

I'm assuming Amazon is the place to go for these sets?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I was looking online and I saw a very cool looking Captain America shield! It was adult sized and something I would like very much to build. Is there a website of sorts in which I can find out what pieces I need? Or is something like that people do not post?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Any suggestions on a good mini-fig display case? I purchased a bunch of Marvel and Ninja Turtle sets and I want to display just the mini-figs. Nothing too fancy but still sleek looking.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Ignore me.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Is anyone picking up the 10240 Red Five X-wing Starfighter? I'm not that into Star Wars, but man do I like the look of the Starfighter and Tiefighter. Any good things to say about the set? It's a bit pricey for my taste, but I'm considering it.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

parque bynch posted:

I am located in US in Eastern time zone and I just bought the UCS B-Wing for $99 at shop.lego! I am so glad I happened to check this thread tonight otherwise I may not have even looked at the LEGO site since I decided not to get the UCS X-Wing yet. Awesome.

1500 pieces for $99 is much more reasonable.

I'm on Pacific time, I guess I have to wait until midnight.

Edit: Well that was the fastest purchase ever.

obi_ant fucked around with this message at 05:29 on May 4, 2013

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I'm trying to order all the parts for the "Hall of Armor" instructions that Lego just put out, but there HAS to be an easier way to add the pieces in right? I don't have to add them all in individually do I?

Also, a lot of the parts in the set seem to be missing. Does this simply mean I can't order them and my only recourse it to buy two of the Malibu Mansion sets?

Edit: Ah, read the site wrong, thought you could build the set from the Malibu Mansion set.

obi_ant fucked around with this message at 04:57 on May 9, 2013

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I added all the parts in the "Hall of Armour" set that came out, a BUNCH of missing pieces that I was unable to find on the individual find-a-brick. Save yourselves some time.

4289304 x1
459921 x1
4515367 x3
6030718 x2
4142236 x4
4667222 x2
4603191 x3
6022905 x5
4113854 x16
4650500 x1
4638658 x1
6001232 x8
4558953 x4
4565393 x1
4560183 x1
4211814 x1
4556157 x1
6015349 x3
4211712 x1
4211679 x1
4632574 x1
4535931 x4
4269651 x1
4540386 x4
4210655 x1
4528323 x1
4212075 x2
4211039 x1
4521187 x1
4619636 x1
6020990 x1
4655241 x1
4633691 x1

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

The_Doctor posted:

I think it's all the missing bits, it doesn't seem a lot.

Yeah. You have to email them, and they will create the cart for you.

It's about $75 for the set. Without minifigs.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Just got my B-Wing in. Did anyone else get two Chima sets for no reason?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

The Rage posted:

I bought two and even thought that might be excessive. Different strokes! Also my wife would have killed me if I'd have bought $2500 worth of Lego sets.

It's an "investment".

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

God drat it. I'm almost done with the Volkswagen T1 Camper Van and I didn't realize that it didn't have any mini-figs in there. I guess I have to make my own from a Lego store when I stop by. I could have SWORN I saw a review showing a surfer or something like that.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30qZPIXEEHo

$320...

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

The Rage posted:

Where's the drat DeLorean?

http://brickfanatics.co.uk/back-to-the-future-cuusoo-set-revealed/

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Karnegal posted:

I want to build the poo poo out of the Chima Gorilla, I've been excited about that thing for months. It's up there with the Tower of Orthanc on the list of sets I want to pick up. I can get the disinterest in the Chima Speedzors, which are a little weird to me, but the main sets are pretty cool. I'm having a hard time seeing the bionacle comparison - I don't have any problem with the parts lists, but then, I don't really need a million more 2x4 bricks.

Yeah. I'm not into the Chima series but the gorilla's look pretty cool.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Edit: Nevermind!

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

AllisonByProxy posted:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DQC2FPM/

The DeLorean set is available on Amazon with prime shipping if that's your cup of tea.

Hip hip hurray!

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Any comments or reviews on the new 21050 Architecture Studio? The Back to the Future set sorta over-shadowed this set, but it seems pretty cool.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Rhyno posted:

So the Delorean is sold out on Amazon but according to the Lego site it's available? If they're available there why would they be $50+ on Amazon?

In stock at Lego. Not enough stock on Amazon. The ones selling on Amazon aren't from Amazon, they're from 3rd party sellers hoping to make a quick $20. I purchased my directly from Amazon for $35.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

There doesn't seem to be any place in San Francisco to find "cheap" Lego sets. Everywhere is either selling everything at above MSRP or all they have is junk for their selection. I guess this is why I always buy my Legos online.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Is anyone going to be picking up the Ewok Village? $250 seems like a bit much to spend, but I'm also very cheap when it comes to these things. It's also a bit expensive in terms of price per piece.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

If I buy the $179 R2-D2, do I get the Volkswagen *and* the trooper mini fig bonus? Or do I just get the Volkswagen?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

What are you guys using to display your mini figures? I have about 50 but I really don't want chip out $25 for a small display case here

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I'm going to be building my first modular set is there a set I should get in particular?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

What is the new promotion for Nov? I don't see it listed on the website. A quick Google search says it's the Christmas truck, but I don't see that in my cart?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Was there a thread or something were we could do mini figure trading? Cause I need myself the Tiki Warrior from Series 11. I've done a pretty good job of feeling the bags though, for some reason I have an extra Elf.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Anyone have any news about the Black Friday or Cyber Monday sales? Since some of the sets are going to retire, I think I'm going to pick up all 3 sets.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Do you knows know what Lego typically does on Black Friday or Cyber Monday (looks like the trend is Cyber Week)? I'm planning on picking up 3-5 major sets and wondering if I should do it now or even wait until Christmas.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

PriorMarcus posted:

I bought the Pet Shop today when I can't quite afford it, help me justify the decision guys...

I just purchased it as well. I can't really afford it either but my girlfriend and I are gonna build each building and then connect it together. It should be loads of fun.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

xzzy posted:

The beetle is even better. :v:

Unless you have a phobia of 2x2 corner plates.

Beetle?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

The Lego Movie minifigures are really easy to feel out. I have 14 out of the 16 on my first try, no duplicates. Can't seem to find pants-off guy and the mermaid. Don't think my local Target has them since I felt up almost all the bags.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Tuxedo Jack posted:

Fantastic, thanks!

By the way, built the micro Falcon this morning... Color me unimpressed.

What were you expecting?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Plastik posted:

I love the Lego movie and I'm going to see it for the second time on Thursday, but man does Lego ever frustrate me sometimes.

Not the blocks, the company. Lego (the brand) is succeeding enormously and all evidence indicates that it's utterly in spite of Lego (the company). The hype train for this movie is going crazy. Fucker made over three hundred and fifty million dollars already, and it's not really slowing down - it made ten million last weekend, meaning it beat everything except for two new movies and week-old Non-Stop. It's five weeks old! That's unheard of. This thing is a juggernaut. As a company you don't just let hype trains like that go. You feed them. You dump more and more product and more and more news into every stream you can touch to make sure that people know that you love them, and they will universally love you back in the form of piles of money. I'm buying a Sea Cow as soon as I can get to the Orlando Lego store. I'm buying a Spaceship!3 the day it releases.

So what is Lego doing? How are they feeding this hype engine for classic minifigs, classic bricks, and classic playstyles and formats?

With a loving Simpsons minifig line, that's how. Holy poo poo what a blow to the face.

I understand that Lego has been burned. I understand that bankruptcy was a very real thing a mere ten years ago. I get it. But those are reasons not to plan for overwhelming success, not reasons to plan for immediate failure. The Lego Movie has only been out for a month, and it's not even going to be out in many countries for another month yet, and here we are, choking down Simpsons figures news when all we want is Emmett & Co. Even if the movie was mediocre, three months is no breathing room at all. gently caress Lego, if this whole bankruptcy scare happens again, you've lost my sympathy. These are amateur mistakes, and you need to behave like the second largest toy seller in the god drat world, not some rinky-dink fly-by-night backdoor manufacturer. Even Megablocks wouldn't be caught dead derailing a juggernaut success. What the gently caress, Lego?

Sorry, I had to vent and none of my friends are really into Lego.

You do know things take more than a month or two to conceptualize, create and market right? Lego probably didn't see the movie getting as big as it's doing. Give it some time and they might create something awesome.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

mattfl posted:

So I came across a cool way to display the collectable minifigs over on the Eurobricks forum and decided to give it a go building one myself.

$10 container from the container store and a crap load of bricks. The colors even correspond to the series.

There 4 series total there and I made a separate one for the Movie line.

I was storing each series in these containers but they just took up to much room.

Anyone interested in any of those Lego official containers?

How much?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Goon-go

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Went to my local target and walmart tonight, still no Simpsons. Are they going to be online any time soon?

Tomorrow.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Having a hard time finding Mr. Burns. Is he a rare one?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

It seems I'm a bit late on the NASA Mars set. It's sold out online. What are the chances if it coming back in stock?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

It is extremely uncool of them to make that a Comic-Con exclusive.

Right? I hate it when companies pull this sorta bullshit. Comic Con tickets are already very hard to get, and even if you do get there, there is no guarantee that you will be able to pick one up either. Maybe someone will post instructions online and I can just buy the parts.