Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

To-scale aircraft carrier made of LEGOs, 23 feet long, over 500 lbs.

:monocle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I figured it was "news" since the news post I was linking to was from today, and I saw no mention of it on the last several pages in this thread. :saddowns:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Caved and got the Monster Fighters "Mummy" set because I haven't bought any Legos in a good while. I'd love to get the Ghost Train because it looks awesome and ghosts are cool, but $80, ugh.

Edit-- also I'm a total sucker for glow-in-the-dark anything.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Bought the Alien Conquest tripod set at Target on clearance, it's a pretty cool set. I really like the ability to aim the raygun on the tripod, and the head-clinger thing is hilarious.

I'm almost tempted to get the "Alien Abduction" UFO set, and part of me really wants the "Alien Cyborg" minifig but I don't want to buy the huge mega set to get it. :saddowns:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Has anyone seen the Ghost polybag at retail? I'm a total sucker for glow-in-the-dark poo poo, and it just looks really cool.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Gammatron 64 posted:

I think it's only in Germany, but I'd love to have that clock and ghost to put in Dracula's castle.
Oh god damnit, I didn't realize it was country-specific. That blows.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Ika posted:

Saw a pile of em in a local toy store for 2 euroes each. (2 weeks ago, germany)
Other two stores I was in didn't have any.
So does this mean you could get a bunch for goons who want them? Or are you no longer in Germany? :ohdear:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I'm only looking for one, I dunno if other goons were as well, though.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Ika posted:

Ya I just wanted to mention it because someone on eurobricks was looking for 30 of em, and before people start asking here as well.

I dont know how much shipping is, england was a couple of euros, USA should be similar. I can grab one for you the next time I'm in town, for cost + S&H (Or a S1 nurse/cheerleader/clown, still missing those). If anyone else is interested, let me know.
Awesome, thanks! :cheers:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Ika posted:

Xenomrph: Should have a chance to grab the ghost tommarow or saturday. Might just grab a handful for anyone else and keep the rest.
Woop woop, awesome! :woop:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Gravy Jones posted:

New stuff overload. Better get started on that Globe Theatre MOC
Definitely want that pressure suit diver and alien overlord. :rodimus:

eclipse posted:

Turn the head on that diving suit guy round and you've basically got a Lego Big Daddy.

Think I'll be picking up another box of 60, all of these look pretty fun. Loving the huge collar on that space alien emperor dude.
Does this mean you'll have duplicates you'll be willing to sell to goons? :ohdear:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Ika posted:

Bumping this cause I want to get these sent out before I am out of town for a week. Email would also be ok.
What's your paypal account? Is it the same address? I'll shoot you an Email too.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Ika posted:

Xenomrph, Rythe, beato, Arsenal_12, Dogen, packing the ghosts right now, and will drop them in the mail when I leave to catch my train. (And Nazzle if you paypal me before I leave, your's as well.)
Awesome, thanks again for doing this for us! :cheers:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

My ghost polybag courtesy of Ika arrived in the mail today, it's everything I hoped for and more. :ghost:

Thanks dude, you rule! :cheers:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Are there any "third party" companies/people who do glow-in-the-dark pieces? I was kind of hoping to actually make my new polybag ghost 100% glow in the dark (except for the black head), so I'd need to replace the stuff like the hands, arms, torso, and the 2x1 brick that makes up his legs with glow-in-the-dark versions (if they exist). Is this at all doable?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I saw the Nanoblocks space shuttle set at Toys R Us and said "wow that looks pretty cool, holy crap it's like 500 pieces" and then I saw that it was $25 and put it back on the shelf. For a little bit more I could get the Lego space shuttle and probably be a whole lot more satisfied with it.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Adregan posted:

Not available for shipping :( anyone willing to pick one up for me?

Also, if someone could tell me where I can get one of the Lotr polybags that would be good too.
Is that the one with Frodo and the beer keg and whatnot? I just saw that at TRU today not 20 minutes ago.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

:siren: Knock-off Lego trip report :siren:

I love steam trains, I think they're the coolest thing in the universe. I got the Lego "Creator" steam engine set a few years back and liked it, and on a whim I started poking around on eBay and found THESE:

There's a whole bunch of little trains in the series and they were like $4 a pop for each one, so I said "gently caress it" and picked up the two pictured.

THE GOOD: the pieces actually hold together surprisingly tightly. It seems to be pretty good quality. The trains both look cool, I don't feel I wasted my money given what I spent on them. I think I had like 1 piece between the two sets that didn't want to "grip" well.

THE BAD: The red train pictured above isn't actually red, it's brown. It's not a dealbreaker, it's just not as visually interesting as it could have been. Also the red one was missing a vital piece used to assemble that front "lamp" which sucks pretty hard, but that's okay.

For the money I thought they were pretty cool. v:shobon:v You can find them (and the other sets in the series) on eBay or Amazon by searching for "mini train building block" or something similar.

Also if anyone has other Lego (or knock-off lego) steam train recommendations, by all means hook me up. :toot:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I have no idea, and I don't know what Emerald Night is. :saddowns:

Edit-- holy poo poo that's like a $200 retired lego set. :catstare:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Well if anyone cares, I could scan the instructions/parts lists for both sets I suppose. :)

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

wargamerROB posted:

Weird, a lot of pieces in those sets look exactly like lego pieces. Don't expect these things to be around too long.
I can safely say that none of the pieces have the little "lego" logo on the raised studs, if that makes a difference.

The trains are all similar to this Creator set from several years ago, but they're still different.

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Aug 10, 2012

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

It weighs 135 lbs. :stare:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I've had turds that were better designed than the Serenity.
Your turds must be literal works of art, because the Serenity is awesome. :colbert:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

:siren: More notLego trainchat ahead :siren:

Lizard Combatant posted:

That'd be great, thanks :)
Unless that's frowned upon, though Lego supply their instructions online anyway.
Here's the scanned instructions for those two knockoff sets I posted about earlier. It's 2 images, but each one has one side of the 2 instruction sheets. The first image has the parts lists for each set. Worth noting is the parts lists don't include quantities of each part like they do with Lego instruction sheets. :suicide:

Also I got bored yesterday and combined both sets into one 4-4-4-4 duplex steam engine:

The hardest part was making the base and getting the second set of cylinders/connecting rods placed appropriately while keeping the whole thing sturdy and not snapping in half every time I picked it up.

I even managed to use almost every piece from both sets. Here's the leftovers:

I was pretty proud of myself. :smug:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Rustie posted:

New minifigures are officially out at my local Toys R Us. I picked up 6 at random because I didn't have time to feel around and luckily didn't get any repeats. So far the old timey divesuit is my favorite.
I definitely want that dive suit, I might have to check my local TRU today.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Scored an old-timey diving suit minifig at TRU today. I love the expression on his face: " :haw: "

He came with an extra little grey 1x1 brick that I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with, though.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Saw this on Deviantart today, it's pretty loving incredible.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Indolent Bastard posted:

Local Target minifigs = 0 cases
Local TRU minifigs = 2 cases

So far I have gotten a 100% accuracy

1 Alien
1 Diver
2 Robots
1 Banker

The only one I can't find that I want is Shakespeare. I thought I had him multiple times but upon further inspection each neck ruff turned out to be the DJ's record. Is Shakespeare a short packed mini or is it just his lack of easily recognizable bits that make him hard to find?
I'm considering hitting my local TRU and hunting for an Alien, and maybe an Evil Robot. The diver was surprisingly easy to find.

I still can't get over his hilarious :haw: grin. "HOLY poo poo GUYS I'M IN A 1930s DIVING SUIT THIS IS loving AWESOME :haw: "

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

So apparently these have shown up at Ross, for $5 a pop:

Google is providing no information about them whatsoever. Does anyone know anything about these? I'm a bit of a Terminator nut, and $5 is a pretty sweet price for apparently fully-licensed Terminator not-Legos.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Lizard Combatant posted:

New A-wing is a nice design. The pilot's helmet is cool and another chance to get Admiral Ackbar is always good
Do you have any pics of the new set? What's the price supposed to be?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Scored the Best-Lock "Terminator" mega box set at Toys R Us today for $50.

I'm just blown away that this set even exists. I mean, there isn't a new Terminator movie/TV show/videogame on the horizon, so the timing is completely baffling. I guess my only "complaint" at this stage, having not opened the box and messed with it yet, is that while it comes with a ton of different weapons, there's no plasma rifles for the endoskeletons. :(

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

MaliciousOnion posted:

:barf:

It looks like they've mixed in at least two different scales for the fliers and tanks, too.
It isn't so much two different scales as there's literally two sizes of the HK Tanks and Aerials. There's 1 big tank and one smaller one, and then 1 big aerial and 2 smaller ones.

I'm about to crack open the box and see how good (bad) this set actually is, I'll post a trip report after I'm done messing with it. I'm not going to lie, literally the only reason I bought this set is because of the Terminator license, and I'm easily most excited about the little endoskeleton minifigures.

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Nov 22, 2012

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Zonko_T.M. posted:

I love the random :effort: bits of wall they threw in.
Speaking of off-brand bricks, I've been tempted to pick up these-

because, hey, its the Beatles! On the other hand they're kind of ugly. There's also a set of all 11 doctors from Doctor Who, but they have the same problem of just not looking very appealing.
I saw that set at Target recently, been really tempted to grab it for my sister for Christmas or something since she's a huge Beatles fan.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

So I'm building that Best Lock "Terminator" mega-set, and it's dawning on me just how much "over 1000 pieces" really is. :stare:

It does have some neat dedicated blocks though, like a jerrycan gas can piece for the Resistance technical.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

So if I have this A-wing and like it well enough, is the new A-wing enough of an upgrade to justify dropping $25 on it?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Holy poo poo guys I have an actual for serious no foolin' for realsies Back to the Future lego set sitting on my computer desk right this second. It seriously blows my mind that I just typed out the previous sentence. :monocle:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Voodoo posted:

Echoing that the Delorean is actually a pretty build and I really really hope they do a full line (or even just two or three sets) of BTTF stuff.
I want a Lego BTTF videogame. I think they could make it translate pretty well.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I like this idea, even if the Ford Explorer could use some work.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

So I'm grabbing some random bricks from Lego's pick-a-brick site to polish up my Delorean a bit, and I'm kind of wondering what color the main grey bricks are considered in Lego color-naming parlance? "Medium Stone Grey"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

So the "radiator grille" pieces that came with the Delorean that look kinda chrome-ish, do they have a color name? I think I can refit part of the back and front end of the Delorean to make it more "screen accurate", but I need more of those grilles and I'm not sure what color they're considered on pick-a-brick.

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Aug 17, 2013