Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

CapnAndy posted:

Nonsense like this is why I went digital about five minutes after I bought my first iPad and have never looked back. I can have two bookshelves filled to overflowing with books to the extent that I can't find half my books because they're behind the other half, all the shelves are bowing under the weight, and I can't even buy more anymore because where will I put them, or I can carry around one tablet the size of a magazine that is every single book I own, I can put on another thousand books and it'll still be exactly the same size and weigh the same, and it also glows in the dark? Hmm. Hmmm.

but but but ~physical paper~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

81sidewinder posted:

Please quarantine the GURM chat to his own thread, tysm

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Mordiceius posted:

Hoid was present but seemingly not pro-Shattering.

There's a good chance you know more than me and may well be correct, but my impression was he wasn't necessarily anti-shattering, he just didn't want to take a shard

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Anshu posted:

The name is "Oroden," actually.

Thanks for that. I read the quoted post post and was like "drat I don't remember that at all, and it's not even that long since I read the books, maybe I'm even older and more senile than I thought"

Turns out no, the op's just dyslexic or something, which sucks for them but at least it's not me :v:

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Mordiceius posted:

Rofl. Yeah. Don't even get me started on the Radiants and "leveling up"

Also - I'm not talking about this stuff as a negative. I loving love this poo poo.

I love how radiants not only level up, they get an honest to god loving level up animation with a rune appearing on the ground around them, and a boost to full health and mana

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Final Empire was my first Sanderson, and I'm still not over how cool Steel Inquisitors were. (Minor spoilers by implication) Especially before it was explained how they got their powers. I dig the whole Sanderson thing of magic having rules, but they did lose their awesome mystique of just being unkillable badasses with spikes through their eyes and creepy smiles

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Mar 28, 2024

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

any sanderson movie/series would be better animated anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Read the Prologue and Chapter 1 of Alloy of Law

I'm going to enjoy this series. Guns. Speed bubbles. Robberies. Trains. Skyscrapers. An Aussie. I like it.

Wait, who was the Aussie? You don't mean Wayne do you? He's clearly a Cockney Londoner