Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Drunkboxer posted:

I like Tig, so I'm tempted to listen to it but I grown to hate Jeff Garlin.

It was pretty funny and I don't think Garlin would stick out that much to you in the episode.

Although he does have the worst laugh in the world, it doesn't even sound real, more like he's trying to force this huge cackle out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Who is Duncan Trussell and is he any funny on his podcast? They called him up on The Bone Zone and he does this kind of angry back and forth with Brendon and Randy but he's not really funny and doesn't seem very quick, enjoyable from a standpoint of finding him being unfunny while trying to riff on them.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

beepo posted:

I tried listening to the podcast he used to do with Natasha Leggero but got sick of his goofy new-agey rants. I think there are lots of other podcasts to check out before Trussells show.

I did really enjoy that episode of the Bone Zone though. "I buy books from charlatans about stretching" is a pretty good zinger on Duncan.

Bone Zone is one of my fav podcasts these days, I like how it's just a chill unstructured goof around time with these two dopey comedians playing these exaggerated stupid characters. They had an entire episode where they just called people in their address books up and told them to suck it over and over again until they hung up and it was one of the best episodes of a podcast I've heard. That show needs more attention.

The "fight" between Trussel and Brandy though reminds me of that twitter "fight" between Marc Maron and Michael Ian Black a while ago though (although I only heard it from when Matt Besser read through it on an episode of I4H) where one side does the insult thing by actually going hard and trying to insult the other while the other side just takes an aloof and innocent stance and it makes the insulting guy seem like a dum dum in contrast.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Hell yeah the show is great. And oh man do you remember which episode that was, I haven't heard that one.

I haven't listened to all the episodes, but my favorite phone call so far has been #65 with Johnny Pemberton, where they call up a Pier One or something looking for a "eucalyptix chair". It goes into really weird territory but still keeps going and going without the employee hanging up on them.

The first episode of their new season of course!

That one was great too, that's one of the things I love about the show, how it's just this loose alternative improv environment that just kind of exists to build and is thrown against other people who aren't in on the premise so you end up with them just doing weird stuff like bugging pier one employees or doing a weird internet translated conversation with a random chinese person.

And I am so happy to learn that Matt Farley is a real dude who really does just have thousands of songs on spotify for every single situation you could think of.

edit: I just remembered the best part of the eucalyptix chair episode is them blaring that elephant sound effect over and over again with the person on the other end of the line not really caring.

piratepilates fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jul 17, 2013

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

The Bone Zone is a pretty good podcast and should be given a shot. It's two (used to be three) stand up comedians just doing a goofy improvised show where they play exaggerated goofy versions of themselves and occasionally do light hearted prank calls (like calling a Red Lobster they don't work at to tell them they can't come in to work today, or calling a motorcycle store and ending up just getting an informative talk to about motorcycles and getting your license).

And oh boy some of the guests they have, including such names as Chelsea Peretti, Al Madrigal, Bill Clinton, Moshe Kasher, Nick Thorburn from those bands everyone in LA seems to know, Bert Kreischer, President Barack Hussein Obamacare, Tom Segura, Rory Scovel, and many many more!

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

You need to have seen at least a few episodes of Saved By The Bell to really get what a weird shoddy show it was. If you don't really know what the show was like then it just comes off like any other shoddy teen sitcom.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

quote:

Matt Besser: June 10th, 10:29pm
Would you like to come on my podcast improv4humans and debate me over your statement that impro is a better book to learn how to do improv?

Has there ever been a question with a more obvious answer?

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

High and Mighty is such a beautiful awful show. Latest episode is Gabrus and Max Silvestri talking about sandwiches and eating them in a disgusting manner, interspersed with weird stories about buying sandwiches. Everyone needs to listen to this show, it's fascinating.

Mai wife, she died

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

UP AND ADAM posted:

Yeah, he's so enthusiastic about this stuff, and constantly funny about it. I don't want Gabrus to ever start exercising. I disagree re: tomatoes though. Even Subway industrial-grade tomatoes are usually acceptable to me, and I know the difference between them and a wonderful fresh tomato. That is, I've had bad tomatoes, but I don't see them appearing so much anymore, even in the most strained tomato supply lines.

I have a hard time seeing him last another ten years with the way he lives his life on the podcast, at the very best he'll turn in to a giant fat gross Italian guy in front of a bodega.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

It's also slightly unsettling the amount he bonds with other people about these weird things like shame eating a sandwich over a sink, or how everyone in the Long Island episode started reminiscing about burning things as a kid so joyfully.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Geez, this High and Mighty ep is hilarious and disgusting and sad. These motherfuckers are so excited about stuffing their faces with the worst poo poo.

Sandwich-chat is not nearly as bad as the Taco Bell-chat

And definitely less disturbing than the gambling-chat

High and Mighty rules

edit: I haven't listened to the sex-chat yet, I can't imagine how unsettling that one could be

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

High and Mighty is not a very uplifting podcast in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Anybody know why Ari Shaffir's podcast has been dead for 2017? Also his twitter hasn't updated since. Maybe he mentioned the reason for his radio silence on Rogen or Joey Diaz's shows lately?

He died, did no one tell you?

It was a real tragedy.

Jerked himself to death.

• Locked thread