Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Sports Media: TO is a cancer, Randy Moss is a CANCER.

KG: Charlie, you are a cancer to our league.

Sports Media: WHAT!?! THE HUMANITY!!!

Someone please punch one of these fuckers in the face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Thank God, his local reporting loving sucked.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Have we heard from one female sports reporter crying about the weather yet? Someone should ask Peter King if that string between his legs tickles.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

chutwig posted:

I get it! Peter King must have a vagina because he's whiny! Nobody with a dick would ever complain about things.

drat I must a touched a nerve poster chutwig! Maybe you should take some mydol and settle down!

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

The U is quite possibly the greatest documentary ever made, make sure you check it out.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Wilbon vs DC. This one was absolutely hilarious.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/05/michael-wilbon-dan-steinberg-espn-dc-fans_n_1942866.html

This Huffingpost article covers the entire war but to put it simply:

Wilbon says DC is a nothing sports town, once again showing disdain to the city he lived in for three decades. ESPN anchor Bram Weinstein and Washington Post Blogger Dan Steinberg call him out. Wilbon back tracks, takes personal shots. Steinberg eviscerates him. Wilbon, standing against the ropes decides to throw a chair at Steinberg, realizes he looks like an even bigger rear end than he already is, sprain his knee backtracking. Then everyone chills and hopefully Wilbon stays in Arizona.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Nigga please pass the sweet potato.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Tattoos are great. The high school closest to my house has 9th graders with full sleeves. It's hilarious.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

That article is just fascinating.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

The Pussy Boss posted:

Apparently it hasn't been beaten into the Earth quite enough, since the NCAA, athletic departments and corporate sponsors continue to make money off the backs of players. I'm not seeing the issue with this article; do people disagree with the point, or just the tone?

The author.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

MourningView posted:

I for the life of me cannot understand why anyone would watch ESPN outside of games, but like half the forum appears to watch it all day long. If you want highlights just flip on ESPNews, it's generally a better product anyway.

We have a shocking high amount of users that find it necessary to let us know what Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayless opinions of the day is. This is the unemployed American.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Vertical Lime posted:

Mariotti wrote a piece on Kobe.

For ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9051655/nba-los-angeles-lakers-kobe-bryant-running-show

They say it's a one-time deal this article, but they started letting Stephen A. Smith get ESPN gigs again and look where he is now.

Thanks for the heads up on not clicking that link. Dude deserves no traffic.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

MourningView posted:

Someone help me write the Oral History of Slamball.

Foreward
:nms: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWye6Ut8rY0 :nms:

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

The best joke on that Artie CD was him describing the first televised court case at the Vet

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

He's a name so I guess some podunk station in Iowa would pick him up. He's loving ESPN garbage though, Rome atleast has gems like the pet holocaust and bum stealing the bread out of the mouth of duck bits that are entertaining. What does Cowherd bring to the table? Yankees, Cowboys, Lakers nonsense. Atleast that's what I heard when I listened to him seven years ago.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Badfinger posted:

Kellerman didn't have a successful talk show before going to Fox, though. Host of a fake sportswriter judging gameshow isn't the same as doing a 3 hr broadcast of some kind.

Don't forget his less successful spinoff on whatever failed sports channel it was on. Kellerman is great in the boxing enviroment, I heard he trolls Laker fans so that's a plus.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Kalli posted:

I thought Kellerman's Fox show was just him and Michael Holley doing a PTI kind of thing, and while neither were bad on Around the Horn, they really couldn't carry a show themselves.

It also had the disembodied voice from Around the Horn.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

So the rule is just against the unruly Lion fans?

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

So did the putter even work?

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Roger Huerta showed TMZ that it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Mornacale posted:

Who's even to say he was intimidated? Maybe he just doesn't have the mind of a child and hence isn't going to get in a fistfight over a joke about a dude who isn't even present.

A bad joke about a friends public divorce deserves an rear end beating.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jummy posted:

It's true, that will totally get those friends back together.

Man if someone was bad mouthing me or making lovely remarks about a personal experience I as going through around someone close to me I hope they just sit there and smile or put their head down like nothing happened.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

CharlestheHammer posted:

That would be the correct react yeah.

Unless you are a child but then your parent disciplines you and everything is all right.

Did you parents teach you how to have a backbone or to stick up for others?

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Sally won't be able to read that since she doesn't get the Post delivered to her Ivory Tower in New York.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Well Sally tweeted a mea culpa so good for her to acknowledge the outside world.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

It's the same with Adande in LA, that old rear end baseball writer in Boston and Adam Schefter where ever Shanahan is. Guys are at their best in their familiar enviroment.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

sportsgenius86 posted:

hahaha Godfathers is the trashiest piece of poo poo ever. I went in there once after the Pens won the Stanley Cup and there was a pregnant 20-year-old dancing.

Hey, you know she puts out.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

That's DC's own Britt McHenry. Ridiculous hotty who was breaking out all the juicy locker room division with the Washington Redskins.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

One degraded a teller after their car was towed, the other publicly degraded the commissioner of a very lucrative business partner. Apples, oranges.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Mahoning posted:

One is a seemingly decent human being who told the truth about a lovely human being, which is of course his job. This doesn't really reflect very poorly on ESPN as a whole, at least to the general public. The other was just being a lovely awful human being, which of course makes ESPN look VERY bad to the general public. At least temporarily.

No one is going to care or remember in a week anyway. More than likely she is going to become the patron saint of those who have been towed.

And no they will not hire fat chicks because of this. They can be annoying cunts too.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

midwat posted:

Employers being able to arbitrarily decide when an employee "embarrasses" them - or feeling they have any ownership over private actions - is a problem, yes.

Hypothetical employee can sue for wrongful termination.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Mahoning posted:

They could. And in most states they would lose.

Well that sucks for them. Anyway, Ms. McHenry isn't going to lose her job, she might get regulated to a hockey or baseball game which is a shame since she was getting scoops are Redskin games.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Christ Pseudoscientist posted:

Wrap it up the hottest of takes has been taken:

Jay Mariotti ‏@MariottiSports 22m22 minutes ago

ESPN created a superfan, now ESPN has uncreated him. Superfans are not real and don't have staying power.

Jay is the lamest of the lames

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Kalli posted:

Good of Jay Mariotti to chime in and remind us of the difference between "contract not renewed" and "loving fired for being a piece of human poo poo".

It would have been nice for them to let him go due to his lovely hot takes but thankfully his ex stepped up to the plate and took one for the team.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

BWV posted:

I liked his early fake "hot takes" but now it seems they are bleeding over into his non-parody work.

Whenever I see his name, I have to remember to find the "THIS IS SATIRE" caption, then I read the article and look for it again. Then I become confused and walk away.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

This thread went full on Karl Marx. Communism the cure for Pedos

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

If you can't handle the agony of losing the thrill of victory is never sweet.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

I don't know if it's in the Sports Journalism but the Hogan vs Gawker case is coming up and they just be the latest fallen opponent to Hulkamania.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Sash! posted:

I hope Gawker dies so that I never have to accidentally end up on Jezebel when I'm reading something on io9, and I'm willing to sacrifice Foxtrot Alpha for this.

I feel dirty going over when I stumble on a neat foreign car article on their car site

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

That's a joke.

Yeah you have to explain it to the rest of these guys.