Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

TNT would love to have Simmons, even if he's not the best on TV. But I'm sure they would support a Grantland site too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah, it seems like a lot of words to say nothing of value. He brings up two letters that support Simmons then just goes "I don't agree!" and that's it.

And he doesn't mention the other shorter suspensions for worse things.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Bill Simmons should go join WWE.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

soggybagel posted:

Gross? Sure. Disgraceful? Mostly ironic given he covers the NFL.

I guess you haven't heard of the competitive eating circuit covering up the severity of concussions!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kalli posted:

During one of his podcasts last week he was talking about how he had to stop letting his 8 year old son watch South Park because his son told him to suck his dick.

Simmons doesn't even pay attention to the show. He was supposed to say "present it" to him.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Unmerciful posted:

I mean what the gently caress is this poo poo... who could this possibly appeal to outside of Boston? "Hey Grantland was great and all but what I really want is a slightly upscale Barstool"

Hahaha that is terrible.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I have never read Barstool. What's the deal with them?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Wade and Draymond are way worse than LeBron.

LeBron did complain more with the Heat, though. Which I just blame on Wade's influence.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I can't decide who has the more punchable face.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm already missing the Jambaroo and I think I'll go into immediate withdrawal without the funbag.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ilmucche posted:

I can definitely see a bad slide loving an ankle up pretty badly. Locking your knee and jamming the foot against the bag could definitely do some real damage.

You don't even need to hit the bag. If maybe the bottom of your foot gets caught on the ground and you keep going you could gently caress it up.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

AndrewP posted:

One sad but hilarious part of this temporary blog are the absolutely terrible illustrations that accompany the posts.

I love them so much.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

General Dog posted:

Sports Vaguely Recounted

The annual sports issue.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

morestuff posted:

I still maintain “stick to sports” was really just “stop posting stories about how management sucks poo poo”

They also complained about the automatic videos that couldn't be turned off because they knew the audience hated it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

PFTC loving sucks. I loved reading Old Deadspin's takedowns on how lovely he really is.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The X-man cometh posted:

I'm surprised no one has started a BarstoolCommenter character playing on what racist chuds Barstool fans are. Barstool's worse than PFT ever was.

You wouldn't be able to tell it apart from the real thing.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

morestuff posted:

https://twitter.com/FOS/status/1353861579696177153?s=20

Well that probably explains them restocking on actual journalists

Can't wait to see how much extra they charge for the swimsuit pictures

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The NYT routinely posts poo poo about "moderates" then it takes like five minutes after the story is published for people to look into them and see they're not moderate at all.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

General Dog posted:

How would a WNBA player do?

Some of them could do fine.

Like you have Reggie Miller who is a hall of fame player saying that his sister was better than him and nobody disagrees. So some of them could definitely play with the men.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

projecthalaxy posted:

Full disclosure: in second grade I signed a lot of my school papers Yoda and tried to get that over as my nickname (which thankfully didnt work) so I am really in no place to speak

Whatever, Yoda

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

17 factors in a recreation is pretty impressive

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

How many games will Porter get suspended? Place your bet on Draft Kings!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That Doyel stuff was so embarrassing. Nobody likes his coverage of anything. He sucks so much.