Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Nicki's verse is sick nasty, the end just seals it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

New song up, I'm getting really tired of usershare not being able to handle the downloads. :sigh:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

F201 posted:

tracklist is up on itunes

I thought Monster was supposed to be on Watch the Throne. :confused:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Pitchfork is stupid hipster trash... unless they say something I agree with, then it's alright.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

NicelyNice posted:

I really didn't need to know that his achilles heel was "love"

"Luuuhhhhhhvvve"

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

http://www.amazon.com/Beautiful-Dar...EVH9W0JZFYW70YE

4 bux on amazon

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

10? Open the :qq:-gates.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Additionally, there is something way the gently caress wrong with the mixing or mastering or Amazon or something. The whole album sounds like 64kbps on $2 earbuds.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Surfingelectrode posted:

That's what happens when you have Vlado Meller master your album.

Monster:

This is obnoxious as poo poo, I hope the vinyl release really won't take an extra month.

Update: Still upset

theflyingexecutive fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Nov 22, 2010

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I'm not sure I can trust the objectivity of a person who would spend money to reg an account named "Bonye West" and by a kanye avatar.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Bonye West posted:

Oh I know right, I mean, I'm actually him in disguise, shucks. My real nickname is Bonye West, as a joke. I also post in the scenecore thread and the indie thread. I guess I could've been Fall Out Bon, or My Chemical Bon, but I really wanted one person to point this out. Bonye West and an avatar from It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia didn't have the same style combination, sorry guy. If, however, you'd actually like to debate a point I've made, that would be cool.

A point that you probably have confirmation bias out the rear end and try to establish your cred by rejecting popular bands? I wouldn't know where to start.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Does it count that I said it sounded like poo poo before I looked at the waveforms? I listened to a blog copy of Monster and the Amazon one, and they sound completely different.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

The mixing's awesome, the mastering is the awful part.

Vlado Meller :argh:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Pitchfork suffers from hella white guilt.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

kingcobweb posted:

Also, I am constantly baffled why people seem to think the most important topic for discussion when any big-name new album comes out is its mixing and mastering. There are other aspects to the music. You can even have opinions on them.

It just happens to be particularly awful on this album. The songs are great, but even a clean vocal part of the song clips to high hell, when the good friday tracks didn't.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Oh god, it's Aziz Ansari

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

So, is he making a quadruple album?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

HorseRenoir posted:

Kanye's been totally silent on features for the album in general, but it sounds like the new track is produced by Hudson Mohawke.

Oh that is splendid news.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Dead Snoopy posted:

There's been talk about how Kanye's creative process and plans don't really jibe w/ the 'Kardashian Empire'...

It's like she genuinely doesn't understand people who have to work for a living.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

No, people hate the rhyming words with themselves and the overall lack of cleverness, too, the sweetin and sour sauce is just the worst offender.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Lord Krangdar posted:

I thought the same thing, but it could just be a very similar synth effect and not a sample.

Cue Mike Dean saying "I've never heard of Steve Miller Band, nope, definitely didn't rip it off".

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Oh good, well as long as it's ironic.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Ironically, no.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Tremendous Taste posted:

People just don't see the true sociopolitical depth to ye's Throw Some D's remix and that's a drat shame.

You see, the juxtaposition of Jones' track over Throw Some Ds clearly evokes the inner turmoil of Meyer's "Austin Powers" character on a signified level of gender sociopolitics. The title of the mixtape "Sky High" is a Freudian reinterpretation of the creation myth as not only Oedipal, but permanently entwined with poststructural motifs of creative expression almost entirely free from the authoritarianism of third wave feminism.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

It's always fun when dumb people try to parody 'smart' writing, like a talking dog on youtube. The barks sound like 'I love you!'

I ruv you too, theflyingexecutive. I ruv you too.

Lol if you think poststructural literary analysis isn't word salad from people trying to justify their $150k educations.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Pusha T(he) Album Back Again

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

rear end Catchcum posted:

Wow that is dumb as gently caress what happened to the concept of the album

lol

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol beck:

quote:

"I was just so excited he was coming up. He deserves to be on stage as much as anybody," Beck told Us Weekly. "How many great records has he put out in the last five years, right?” Asked about West's comments that Beyoncé should have won, Beck replied, “Absolutely,” adding, "I thought she was going to win. Come on, she's Beyoncé!”

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

You have Sky High right?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I quite prefer Sky High :smug:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Is Kanye playing a show tonight after the Gov Ball cancellation?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Anyone got deets on the 2am show?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

ppl at Webster saying it's bs. Old rumor

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

blue squares posted:

What's trolling about being completely ignorant of rap music but eager to learn?

Because you sound like a 50yo man in 1993

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Lots of my friends who don't listen to rap sound just like him but it is what it is.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

thathonkey posted:

it isnt a mastering issue. it is a static poppy sound kind of like vinyl almost that was added to the mix. it's harder to notice if you havent ever heard earlier versions without it.

yeah I wish I could go back in time and tell myself not to listen to the premasters

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Just one hidden track at the end of the album of the phone call between her and Kanye

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Paper Planes posted:

Just heard he was hospitalised, whilst it doesn't excuse the Bill Cosby comments etc, I know way too many people with mental health issues, they are horrible to deal with and I hope he gets better soon. :/

Having an illness that interferes with your ability to choose what you say certainly could excuse any comments you make.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

banned from Starbucks posted:

is this lunatic dead yet?

Gonna save this post for when someone asks why celebrities use coded language to talk about their mental illness and conceal it at every opportunity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Dead Snoopy posted:

I had to sit through an awkward meal w/ a friend's BF, who proceeded to tell me that the Illuminati shut Kanye down for getting out of line with his remarks about Trump, that he'd be fine just to sit through a concert which is only 7 mins long & that nobody is forcibly committed, let alone taken away in handcuffs.

I just....

the illuminati, powerful enough to publicly discredit and disappear one of the most famous musicians in the world. incapable of getting hill elected

• Locked thread