Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

the 2 Chainz verse on Mercy is the best one on the album

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

What's up with certain retailers reporting 14 tracks? Different version?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

To me this is the worst solo work he's put out. It's also a really sad album. I feel bad for Ye :(

e: Not worst, Freshmen Adjustment counts I guess

e2:

Angryhead posted:

Totally agreeing with Fantano.
I'll definitely give it more listens (2 so far, liked it better the second time), but nothing besides 'Black Skinhead', 'New Slaves' and 'Bound2' is doing much for me.
this is me too, plus BOTL

t a s t e fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jun 18, 2013

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

3peat posted:

edit: I dunno if anyone mentioned it before but Numbers on the Boards beat sounds exactly like it belonged on Yeezus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DawrlSwHUiM

It would be the best one, maybe second.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Now, is it real love, I need to ask Cupid
She real smart but her rear end stupid

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Imagine a parallel universe where Kanye did Rick Ross' verse on UOENO. Tumblr would crash.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

People just don't see the true sociopolitical depth to ye's Throw Some D's remix and that's a drat shame.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Can we stop getting mad at an entertaining gimmick poster and laugh at hit-boy instead?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oi15xVZXi4

I TURN MY JESUS INTO GOLD

t a s t e fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jul 13, 2013

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

"I'm gonna start a new movement [...] getting head by the nuns."

This is an understandable misinterpretation. West has actually added another layer to this lyric in characterizing the song as a "movement" in an almost biological sense. Retroactively this identifies "that's why I'm in it and I can't get out" as a lamentation of his current station, that is, forced to remain in the constant production of these "movements." The "boys at your door" are those pressuring him to rush the production, demanding earlier satisfaction and pushing West into an uncomfortable position. His "swaghili" is then an attempt to separate himself from those "boys," toning out their demands by rendering them foreign to his tongue. In the end, the only way for West to complete the movement is to retreat into himself and focus on a rhythmic pulsation akin to the drumming of a religious ritual.

When you think about Yeezus as a series of West's movements packaged together hastily the anger throughout the record makes more sense. West hates his audience, and invites them to fill their ears with his latest poo poo and leave him alone to focus on what matters most to him.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

blakout posted:

Son of a bitch Denver didn't get Watch the Throne or this tour, why have you forsaken us Yeezus?

illuminati headquarters, comes with the territory

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Kendrick's just poo poo live tbh

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Either you were lucky or I have been the opposite, I've seen him thrice now off of my Sec80 love (since GKMC hype started tho) and never got a decent show

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Kanyethread.txt

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It's possible for an artist to make great art and make lovely stupid nonsense at a later time

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:allears:

do this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ybic2cioU-M

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Have you ever analyzed your own analyses SMG

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

WTT is half a great album

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Created by a half great duo (at the time).

:respek:

I think Cruel Summer is pretty underrated, I still listen to Clique/Morning/Don't Like/Mercy/New God Flow/To The World in my regular rotation and I know Theraflu does it for other people

t a s t e fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Dec 6, 2013

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Kid Gloves posted:

All of those are great songs but they were all released prior to the album coming out and the entire rest of the CD was really bad

I like Bliss :mad:

e: on second thought I think it has something to do with the fact that 2012 fall/winter was kinda weak in terms of releases outside of eX, Gibbs, big boi and kendrick

t a s t e fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Dec 6, 2013

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Skip all these words and just call a stan a stan.

me included p much

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Reasonable

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Boris Galerkin posted:

I remember seeing a music video on Kanye's website last year. It was kinda like claymation and they were driving in a car. What song was this does anyone know what I'm talking about?

The Black Skinhead one has that weird CGI, I suppose

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hardly a surprise, but nice to get word.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

50's still pretty important even without his music, comeback album nonwithstanding

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

michael jackson "invented" wearing a glove and the moonwalk, psh :smug:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

RTJ exists

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

tpab was weak poo poo