Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010

Nckdictator posted:

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous was pretty good even if it's a prequel novel.

I was skeptical about a Yoda novel but it's done pretty well honestly. It makes Dooku pretty sympathetic.

Is this the book where Dooku tries to get Yoda to turn to the dark side, Yoda does for a fraction of a second and Dooku shits himself because he realises how evil a 900 year old master would be like?

For books the 'RotS trilogy' (Labyrinth of evil, RotS novel and rise of the dark lord) is worth a read. Death star isn't bad either.

Edit: Darth Maul's brother link: http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/111/1112465p1.html

savaage :ughh:

Muppetjedi fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Aug 14, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search.aspx?search=genki+wars

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010

elestupendojudio posted:

Alright, so I know the dumb explanation for why Jedi don't just force aneurysm their opponents, but why can't they do that to droids? When fighting MagnaGuards for instance, why not just pop a couple gears in their limbs or something? They make it seem relatively difficult to fight them in the movies and the cartoon, and there is no explanation for why Jedi don't immediately cripple droids and tear them apart. I need answers!

Obi wan does that in the RotS Novel. He uses the force on Grevious gears so they can get his and Anakin's lightsabers back.

Has the 'TK421, why aren't you at your post?' guy got a back story?

EDIT : No, not really. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Pol_Treidum

Muppetjedi fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Aug 28, 2010

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
To be fair, the movies only showed the beginning and the last few days of the clone wars. Both of the Clone Wars does actually show that stuff happening.

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
Indiana Jones and the sex offenders register

quote:

Lucas also wanted to make Indiana Jones a pedophile who had sex with Marion when she was 12. That explains the line "I was a child. It was wrong and you knew it!" when Jones meets Marion in Nepal. Spielberg and Lawrence Kasdan had to talk Lucas out of providing too many details to the audience about their relationship.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3352674&pagenumber=3#post382705544

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010

WhyteRyce posted:

Bieber Fever in the new Blu-Ray release!

Lucas is going to digitally replace Jake Lloyd with Justin Bieber

EDIT: Didn't see it mentioned earlier but TFUII demo is available on xbox live/PSN.

Muppetjedi fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Oct 15, 2010

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
Dear George

This thread.

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
That's already happening. Some of the commandos have the ep3 armour.

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
Sad to hear about Kershner passing away, especially on the 30th anniversary of ESB.

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
Ensign :smug:

movax posted:

Yeah, black X-Wing pilot in ROTJ. Pretty sure he gets blown up too, go figure, right? Black dude never makes it to the end :(

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Grizz_Frix

'Due to the fact that he was raised in a prejudiced society, Grizz Frix believed from an early age that the Galactic Empire needed to be overthrown. He found solitude in the hours he spent flying his old airspeeder high above the mountains of Devaron. Up there, racial divides were nonexistent, allowing him a brief moment of escape.'

There are quite a few fat rebel pilots.

Muppetjedi fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jan 27, 2011

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010

Remember her from the cantina? Force sensitive rebel who was killed on Hoth. She was also going out with:

who was an X-wing pilot during Endor. How did he die? He decided to kamikaze the shield generator bunker, but he realised that that it had already been destroyed and couldn't change course.

Don't worry though. They both became force ghosts at the end.

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iBJYWZkhTg&feature=player_embedded

A massive 2+ hour fan documentary for ANH (He's also done ESB and RotJ documentaries)

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010

Silver Brushes posted:

Han Solo has a mullet.

Game discussion : I always enjoyed Galactic Battlegrounds even though it was AoEII with AT-ATs. The two Starfighter games for the ps2 were pretty decent as well.

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
I was terrible at the trilogy arcade game, I'd love an pc 'port' of it

Did anyone play the pod racer arcade games? The one with actual podracer controls?

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010

Locutus Of Bored posted:

In my personal canon, Palpatine is the father, because that's much less stupid than "she got Force-raped by midichlorians" although I think it's (eventually going to be) canon that Palpatine and/or Plagueis went to Tatooine and chose Shmi (stupid name).

I prefer it this way because now both trilogies are about fathers and sons.

Poetry rhymes ect.

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
I for one is actually looking forward to watching Anakin getting burned alive in 3D.

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010

Faerunner posted:

There's a Micro Machines Death Star / Tatooine transforming playset on the shelf in our living room.

This? I had that as well. Lost the tiny falcon that came with it though :(

Other than one of the EP1 lightsabers and a few early Lego Star Wars sets, I never really had many star wars toys. The games were more my thing.

E: I also had this It was a rad laser tag thing, the losing ship would 'blow up'

Muppetjedi fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Mar 7, 2011

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
I always assumed that the Empire just didn't care and like the TIE fighter just made loads cheaply because there was always people to replace them. Most of the time they're fighting Rebels or other Imperials.

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
If you ever get it working:

http://www.darksaber.pnma.co.uk/craftpackucp.html + http://www.xwaupgrade.com/ to update the graphics.

http://www.darksaber.pnma.co.uk/craftpacktftc2.html For Missions 1 - 7 of the Tie Fighter TC (Need the Tie Fighter disc for sounds and stuff, but its pretty cheap.)

http://www.maxgames.it/xwc/ For Missions 8 - 13 of Tie Fighter and X-Wing TC (I've not played the X-wing TC so can't comment on quality.)

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
Does this guy from the Blockade Runner have a name/backstory?

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010

SeanBeansShako posted:

I cuss the hell out of this every time I play that one Rogue Squadron game with the Battle of Endor where you have to defend that unarmed piece of poo poo.

Shut up lady I'm trying argh!

'Rouge leader, we are under attack'

If it makes you feel any better, it gets blown up anyway. So everything you did was pointless.

quote:

It did not have guns.

Watch 4.49 onwards on that Japanese BOE link.

E: Speaking of the Battle of Endor:

http://www.bruneras.com/

Free decent Star Wars space shooters (Endor and Yavin)

Muppetjedi fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Apr 6, 2011

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
Star Tours II Trailer

There's something off with the CG, i can't put my finger on what though.

Also that Akbar looks terrifying.

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
Other than the Purple Saber, it doesn't look that bad.

Also

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/41508/star-wars-blu-ray-reveals-new-content

quote:

Demonstrating some of the footage at Empire's Big Screen festival in the O2 Arena in London (which runs until 14 August), visual effects supervisor Bill George and digital artist John Goodson showed us how an AT-AT Walker topples onto its side during the Battle of Hoth in Star Wars: Episode IV - The Empire Strikes Back. Somebody (Ed Hirsh) was sat under the table and poked at the underside of one of its feet with a stick.

If you look very closely at the new transfer, you can just see the tip of the stick appear.

Goodson believes that this is just one tiny secret that may now be unveiled: "You’re going to see a lot of interesting things in this," he said. "It’s going to reveal a lot of things that we’re never intended to be seen."

However, it is mainly the original trilogy that will be affected by the new, cleaner format, as Episodes I to III were shot digitally: "The first three films were done on film, so they were never seen like this before. We’ve never seen them at this resolution, so you’re going to see things that you’ve never seen before," said Goodson.

"We were watching footage the other day of the walker sequence [in Empire Strikes Back] and we both keyed on the same thing at the same moment - which is when one of the walkers is being hit by laser fire, and you see [marks] appearing on it. I don’t think that either one of us have ever noticed that before."

The ILM duo also revealed that some work was needed before the original trilogy was fit for Blu-ray, although fans will be happy that was confined to improving the picture quality, rather than fiddling with the films themselves: "The interesting thing about Star Wars and the Star Wars series of films is that they’ve been restored two or three times in the past decade, and so they were in pretty good shape to begin with.," said Bill George.

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010

Hemp Knight posted:

It was pink on the DVDs, and now it's purple. :ughh:

*Waits for George Lucas to make up some bullshit about how Vader stole Mace's Saber crystal because it was a link to the past and it was actually his original vision back in '77 and the Blu-rays can finally help him achieve that.*

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010

Casimir Radon posted:

Well it would have been clever to show hintings of his deformations without outright spelling out how he got that way. But no.

They tried to do that in AotC. The dark side was supposed to be corrupting his flesh. It was changed in Sith for some reason

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
Other than a few daft moments 'Death Star' is worth picking up.

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
Have you asked the 501st guys? I'm sure there's someone who produces cheapish TIE stuff for members.

Also those sabers are sexy. I love the Graflex hilt.

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
In cuter Star Wars news

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ntDYjS0Y3w

:3:

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010

Suenteus Po posted:

I was asking about the new one, which is definitely a commentary track.

Yes it is. It's sort of a weird hybrid between a Plinkett review and a riff track. He does go on bizarre tangents and sometimes the review goes quiet, but it's very funny.

I got more than $1.99 worth of entertainment out of it.

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
Bit late to the EU book chat but Luke Skywalker and the Shadows Of Mindor is a good read.

Luke is pretty badass in the book.

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
I never liked Nar Shaddar during my KotORII playthroughs. Maybe because it's always the third planet I go to so it's like a 6-9 hour stretch of dull grey boxes or maybe it's because I'm not the exile for like half of it and I never bothered to level up Atton correctly.

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
Was Allegiance the one where Mara catches Vader Space-Googling Luke?

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
I'm pretty sure Leia flew a Y-Wing in Splinters in the Mind's Eye.

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010

thrawn527 posted:

So I went and looked up this new book Crucible you guys are talking about and...I saw the cover...um...

This isn't real, is it? Please tell me this is a working copy? It's the one Wookieepedia and Amazon have, so I assume it's real, but holy poo poo is that terrible. They're mutants! I mean, look at it. LOOK AT IT!

Luke has apparently had a stroke. Leia's face is sliding down her head. And Han's face is making a run for it to stage right. Christ, how did this get approved?

Eric Roberts as Han Solo

Calliper posted:

Here is 1138 behind the scenes photos

http://imgur.com/a/0RmF7#33

She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid.

Muppetjedi fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jul 14, 2013

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
I think out of all the prequels, Phantom Menace has the best score. It seems to me that the film was mostly complete when John Williams got involved, so he could fit in little character themes and stuff.

While because how 'last minute' II/III seems to have been made, I imagine it was a case of "Here's a green screen shot of Obi-Wan, there'll be a bunch of clones here." and he'll have to put the imperial march there because there's not enough time to write a bit of music or has no idea how the CGI will be.

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
Bit late to the recommendations but i really enjoyed Luke Skywalker and The Shadows of Mindor It's a great early post-ROTJ novel that deals with Luke trying to find his place in the universe.

Plus it has some fun Lando / Mandalorians bits.

Muppetjedi fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Oct 31, 2015

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Is there a story behind Kenobi learning Vader's identity or is it assumed he simply did the math when Palpatine's robot apprentice showed up?

In the old stuff, it's shown in the last chapter of Dark Lord: Rise of Darth Vader

Obi wan is in a bar on Tatooine, when a news bulletin comes up about the empire taking over kashyyyk and Vader was part of it.

It only takes place a week or so after RotS so he knows about it pretty early. I don't think it's been revealed in the new canon yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
about 2/3rds through Leia and it's really good. Claudia Gray is easily the best of the Disney EU authors.

It was kinda distracting that she wrote young Holdo as basically Luna Lovegood though.